[Serie A] Juventus - Udinese (6 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
Exactly. Why? Because Trezeguet ran like hell. Zlatan and Del Piero didn't.
In that case, I'd like to know how Zlatan got into the defensive third of the field all those times. Osmosis?
Or that other time when he ran at a defender, rolled the ball under his foot, gave it to the defender, and then spread his arms saying "if that didn't work, then what can I do?"
Need I make a video of Del Piero receiving the ball, trying to dribble past a defender, then meekly tumbling to the ground after being touched on the shoulder? At least Zlatan looks like he wants to beat defenders
Oh really? Yet I was in the stadium when Capello took DP off 5 minutes before the whistle and Del Piero did get a standing ovation, Ali. I was there, I saw Del Piero get a standing ovation. I know DP isn't very liked on this forum, nor is Beckham, but just because a player is popular doesn't mean he's worthless.
Okay, you were in the stadium... Del Piero got a standing ovation... what does that prove? On the flipside of your concluding sentence, just because a player is popular doesn't mean he had a good performance. When we got a free kick in a promising position, everyone knew he wouldn't score from it, yet the whole stadium was singing his name to take it... woop dee doo

Buy on AliExpress.com

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
It's not because Trezeguet didn't receive good balls he sucked. He ran like hell and took the ball of several defenders. Still, no-one has given me three good things.
The game was two days ago, I only remember the goals. Give me a torrent to the game and I'll give you ten.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

In that case, I'd like to know how Zlatan got into the defensive third of the field all those times. Osmosis?

Need I make a video of Del Piero receiving the ball, trying to dribble past a defender, then meekly tumbling to the ground after being touched on the shoulder? At least Zlatan looks like he wants to beat defenders

Okay, you were in the stadium... Del Piero got a standing ovation... what does that prove? On the flipside of your concluding sentence, just because a player is popular doesn't mean he had a good performance. When we got a free kick in a promising position, everyone knew he wouldn't score from it, yet the whole stadium was singing his name to take it... woop dee doo
-Zlatan NEVER took the ball of an Udinese defender.
- I admit that every time Del Piero had to go in a duel with an Udinese player he meekly tumbled to the ground. But whenever he had the ball in his feet he did something good with it. He did beat a lot of defenders.
- Fact is that Del Piero did get a standing ovation whereas some people here say he didn't. I knew he wouldn't score as well, but who else was going to take it? Until further notice we haven't got a better freekick-taker than Del Piero.
- From what I saw people still rate Del Piero much higher than Zlatan and therefore it's absurd that people here are constantly bashing Del Piero and acting like Zlatan is the new Maradona. Saying that I'm stupid when I say Zlatan sucked and Del Piero played a pretty good game is strange, because pretty much everyone who saw the game in the stadium agreed with me.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002

I agree with your analysis :thumb:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
David Beckham, smart? Now I've heard everything
Oh puh-lease. Like you can play people like that when you're not smart. Beckham has succeeded in making a brand out of himself, that's some smart marketing, gray. It's ridiculous to say Beckham isn't smart.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Oh really? Then why isn't Zidane the most famous football player? Beckham used to be a world class players. He was one of the 20 best players in the world. Yet he was far more famous than the other 19. Why? Because he used his head and made a name for himself through some great marketing. Might I add, that's exactly the reason why Andy and Burke can't stand him.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002

And for the last time, I don't think Beckham is a good player ATM. But you can not deny that he has been a great player. Someone that is able to create an entire market for himself has got to be a good football player and has got to be smart. That's no contradictio in terminis you know. You can be smart AND be a good football player.
Than he is not a good footballer, he is a decent businessman

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++

He used to be a great football player. You do need to be a great football player to be able to sell your brand, you know. All I'm saying is that he achieved making a brand of himself by playing football. He was a great football player and still is a great businessman. I don't see why that should be a contradiction.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
-Zlatan NEVER took the ball of an Udinese defender.
He's not a defender. The important part is that he gets back to help out in midfield/defence. Quit missing the point.[/QUOTE]
He did beat a lot of defenders.
So did Zlatan.
- Fact is that Del Piero did get a standing ovation whereas some people here say he didn't. I knew he wouldn't score as well, but who else was going to take it? Until further notice we haven't got a better freekick-taker than Del Piero.
Again, you're missing the point entirely. I wasn't saying that Del Piero shouldn't have taken the free kick, I was making an example of Del Piero's unconditional popularity in that the crowd sticks with him even after so many years of mediocrity. Therefore, Del Piero getting a standing ovation has no significance whatsoever.
- From what I saw people still rate Del Piero much higher than Zlatan
How many times must it be said? I don't care!
Oh really? Then why isn't Zidane the most famous football player?
Because he's not good-looking and isn't married to a popstar. Don't tell me you think Beckham is better than Zidane!
Because he used his head and made a name for himself through some great marketing.
Ever hear of PR managers?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Oh puh-lease. Like you can play people like that when you're not smart. Beckham has succeeded in making a brand out of himself, that's some smart marketing, gray. It's ridiculous to say Beckham isn't smart.
Interviewer: 'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre, on the right and occasionally on the left side.'

'My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about 7.'

'Alex Ferguson is the best manager I've ever had at this level. Well, he's the only manager I've actually had at this level. But he's the best manager I've ever had.'

'I definitely want Brooklyn to be christened, but I don't know into what religion yet.'

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Because he's not good-looking and isn't married to a popstar. Don't tell me you think Beckham is better than Zidane!
Of course I don't. I just said Beckham plays the market smarter than Zidane does.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

So did Zlatan.
No. He did not. That's the point. At no point in time did Zlatan beat a defender. And if he did, you'll have to show me, because I didn't see him do it.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Of course I don't. I just said Beckham plays the market smarter than Zidane does.
For the last time, do you really think Beckham makes his own marketing decisions? Don't tell me for a second that you think he doesn't have a room full of suits telling him their plans to sell his name a face on every shirt, mug and poster possible.

I remember watching an Ali G interview of Becks and Posh, and he literally said about 5 words. He was completely stuck whenever he was asked a question, and Posh constantly had to cover for him. He's obviously not a very PR-oriented person

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++

exactly , i never look at beckham as a player , he is a businessman who want to do commercials and other stuff , you cant compare him with zedan

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I think Zidane's too busy winning World Cups, European Championships and World Player of the Year awards to be selling shirts and making children's clothing brands

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)