SERIE A: Juventus - Roma (11 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Francesco Totti (Roma): It only took one match for Totti to show us he is still up there amongst the best in the world. Pavel Nedved, this week, hailed him as the best Italian player there is and we cannot disagree with the Czech's judgment, adding that he is currently also probably one of the top three in the world.
Suck up :p

Buy on AliExpress.com

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
Nice preview, Glenn, but this is the probable line-up according to IMO the most reliable source, gazzetta.it:

Buffon
Birindelli Legrottaglie Montero Zambrotta
Appiah Tudor Davids
Nedved Del Piero
Trezeguet

Looks good to me. Thuram hasn't played well recently so Birindelli is in, while Tacchinardi is out injured so his place is taken by Davids. Igor Tudor looked impressive in midfield against Galatasary and will surprisingly start ahead of Camoranesi. Appiah tried his luck on the right flank in the matches against Chievo and GS, and was good, so he will play in that position.
wooo.. a brand new formation.... a much more packed midfield... gone were the days when teams only use one defensive midfielder

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

wooo.. a brand new formation.... a much more packed midfield... gone were the days when teams only use one defensive midfielder
:eek: I think 3 DM's is a good formation against Roma...

++ [ originally posted by Hasuni Boi ] ++
I mean Spirit!

Bye they way, how do u do the white thing around the Quotes???
It's a secret :p

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Nah, just teasin :D

if u click the 'quote' button in the field of someone else's post (or your own if you're a loser like deej), it'll automatically insert the 'tags' [*QUOTE] before the quoted message and [*/QUOTE] at the end of it (without the stars)

For quoting extra long posts (for courtesy's sake), it's recommended that u just snip out bits and add extra quote marks e.g.

HAHAHA

between Roma's President Franco Sensi and Juventus' General Manager Luciano Moggi, strangely enough both rivals have kept very quiet.
HAHAHAH

Even though Juventus' main target for the season is the coveted Champions League trophy that has eluded them many times in the past years
:down:

Since taking over Roma, Capello has only managed one win against Juventus (2-0 in the 2001/02 season) while the other seven matches ended in 3 victories for the bianconeri and 4 draws.
HAHAHA

This makes for much easier reading, and it's a much better way to get ur points across than replying to a whole article.

This can also be fun when you want to mess with people

e.g.

++ [ originally posted by discobamba ] ++
my cat's breath smells like cat food

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'm no Buffon fangirl, but this certainly made me smile

FOOTBALLITALIA

Buffon fears Totti tricks Saturday 20 September, 2003

---------------------------------------------------

Gianluigi Buffon has nightmares about Francesco Totti placing a spectacular set-piece past him this Sunday and reveals he nearly joined Roma.

“For the last ten days I have this fear that Roma will be awarded a penalty and Totti will scoop it over my head,” confessed the Juventus goalkeeper.

The two Italy teammates are good friends and interviewed each other for radio station ‘Rete Sport’.

“Don’t worry,” insisted Totti, “you are the only goalkeeper I would never do that to.”
:touched:

Buffon has already been foxed by such a cheeky finish at the hands of Milan’s Andrea Pirlo in the Italian Supercup Final this summer.

Totti is also an old hand at this unusual penalty technique, having scored an identical goal in the Euro 2000 semi-final against Holland.

The friendly banter on the radio was in stark contrast to previous seasons, when the Juventus-Roma showdown was surrounded by controversy and ill-feeling.

“Perhaps that is because the tie is so early into the season,” mused Buffon, “and so many sides are up there on maximum points. I am glad the usual circus that ruins football is quiet this time around.”

The shot-stopper, voted the Best Player in the Champions’ League last season, has his work cut out for him with the Roma trident attack coming to Turin.

“If Totti, Vincenzo Montella and Antonio Cassano are on form then it’s hard to keep them under control. This side can really hurt you.”

“Mind you,” he added jokingly, “I think Totti would be very happy at Juve. If he wants a room up here then I can rent one to him.”

The duo are teammates in the Italy squad, but Buffon reveals they were almost roommates in Rome.

“A couple of years ago I was very close to signing for Roma,” he admitted. “It fell through as the club wasn’t particularly convinced and as a result I started having my own doubts.”

The former Parma ‘keeper eventually chose Juventus in a record-breaking £33m move.

“Juventus didn’t hesitate for a moment. When you are choosing a new side you want them to be enthusiastic about your arrival and that changed my mind.”
PHEW! That's the best damn career choice I've ever seen...

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
Shiver!!

Just imagine Juve WITHOUT Buffon

Worse still...ROMA having Buffon.....

can't bear the thought mate!:groan:

BTW, if Totti ever falls in the box area, what he will get is not a penalty, but a yellow card for diving!!:D

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Birrindilii for turam is ok but tudor for camoranese you must be joking
he is one of the best of juve players now .

Mona

Feb 24, 2003
Juve-Roma is one of the most important matches in the Serie A in this week; we can also count this match as a real challengeable match for Roma after the last 2 matches that they won.
Juve will face some difficulties… according to the self-confidence that Roma’s players acquired from the last 2 matches and I think that Lippi will put this in his mind.
In my opinion Davids must start the match from the beginning… with Davids in the midfield a lot problems can be solved by Davids’s experiences.

Plexus

Aug 24, 2002
Hi!! I need some help from someone that can speak Italian. I wounder what the differens is between "Bianconeri" and "Bianconero". I am all confused...plz help!!

Plexus

Aug 24, 2002
++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++
Bianconeri is the usual expression for Juve, the bianconera team, wearing shirts with white - bianco and black - nero stripes. Bianconero is the singular for bianconeri :D
Thanks for the help mate!!

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

The duo are teammates in the Italy squad, but Buffon reveals they were almost roommates in Rome.

“A couple of years ago I was very close to signing for Roma,” he admitted. “It fell through as the club wasn’t particularly convinced and as a result I started having my own doubts.”

The former Parma ‘keeper eventually chose Juventus in a record-breaking £33m move.

“Juventus didn’t hesitate for a moment. When you are choosing a new side you want them to be enthusiastic about your arrival and that changed my mind.”

that was damn close... how stupid could Sensi get not having confidence on buffon...

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Pellegrino...the same one that gave last year's penalty on Nedved. I doubt Roma are happy with this :D

Fantasista - I wrote it two days ago so that's the latest formation I had got from the news :p

Alex - Totti deserves it ;)

Hasuni Boi

Sep 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Nah, just teasin :D

if u click the 'quote' button in the field of someone else's post (or your own if you're a loser like deej), it'll automatically insert the 'tags' [*QUOTE] before the quoted message and [*/QUOTE] at the end of it (without the stars)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)