SERIE A: Juventus - Roma (1 Viewer)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
I'm not worried about how many goals Roma scored against Brescia or their goal difference or whatever, I'm worried that our players are tired. Most of our key players such as Buffon, Zambrotta, Nedved, Del Piero and Trezeguet have played four games in the last two weeks, while Roma will be relatively fresh, since none of Totti, Cassano or Montella played for la Nazionale.
I agree with you stuart, I am dead worried because our players looked very tired in GS match. hopefully it won't affect their form. It will be a very touph match for both sides.so I am expecting the worst. it will be either a victory for any side with 1 goal difference or a draw.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
Panucci Doubtful For Juve Game
)
09/18/2003. AS Roma defender Christian Panucci is a major doubt for Sunday night's big clash with Juventus.

The full-back limped off with an Achilles tendon problem in training yesterday, and could miss his second consecutive match after only making the bench against Brescia following his involvement in a car accident.

damn.... :down::D
Dammit! I knew we'd have injury problems for this game :down:

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I don't care about the position of the two teams, the health of the players, or the competition itself .. this is a match between JUVE and Roma !! There is too much pride involved here, and we must win this match no matter what .. we can think of this match as our derby match (now that Torino are in Serie B) and thus should play with heart and determination ..

Worringly, we have never kept a clean sheet in our first 3 matches this season .. conceding a goal in each match, so we need to be careful on Sunday night and try not to concede any goals ..

Neddy should improve a great deal and I know he always rises to the occasion during big matches, that's what champions are made for .. Del Piero should continue his sparkling form and Treze should try to be more dangerous ..

I would really enjoy watching Roma humiliated with Sensi watching, I hope Lippi has something to surprise Capello with !!

Chivu says he is not afraid of Juve, well he has been warned !!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Why are you guys worried that Panucci is not going to play...Zebina will take his place :LOL: Zambrotta will have a party on that wing :D

Secondly....are you sure we're playing Roma this weekend? I didn't hear any potshots from Sensi for this whole week and that is very unusual ;)

Moggi was interviewed yesterday after the match and asked about the Roma match. The interviewer said that maybe there isn't alot of verbal fights prior to the match it's because juve want the CL and Roma the league. Moggi replied with a good one, he said that whenever Juve play Roma, they want to win, even if it is just a dice game :LOL:

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
Why are you guys worried that Panucci is not going to play...Zebina will take his place Zambrotta will have a party on that wing
:D No doubt!

I think there will also be a breakdancing competition between DP and Totti. Totti's got skills went it comes to the rollie pollies but Alex kills it with the 360 forward filp land on his bum. He has great technique on the landing.

Tough one to call but if Alex is gettin shown up by Tomassi's hair weve always got Neddy:D
Ez

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Why are you guys worried that Panucci is not going to play...Zebina will take his place :LOL: Zambrotta will have a party on that wing :D

Secondly....are you sure we're playing Roma this weekend? I didn't hear any potshots from Sensi for this whole week and that is very unusual ;)

Moggi was interviewed yesterday after the match and asked about the Roma match. The interviewer said that maybe there isn't alot of verbal fights prior to the match it's because juve want the CL and Roma the league. Moggi replied with a good one, he said that whenever Juve play Roma, they want to win, even if it is just a dice game :LOL:
zebina? i thot mancini is going to play there. he looks good agaisnt brescia

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Both Mancini and Panucci play, but according to the latest news, Panucci is still injured so Zebina will replace him. I think Panucci plays more central defence with Roma cos they use 3 central defenders.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
I think Panucci plays more central defence with Roma cos they use 3 central defenders.
Sure about that?
I know Panucci often plays in the center, but I thought Capello had stopped using the 3-5-2 some time ago, and was now using the 4-4-2?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Panucci Doubtful For Juve Game
)
09/18/2003. AS Roma defender Christian Panucci is a major doubt for Sunday night's big clash with Juventus.

The full-back limped off with an Achilles tendon problem in training yesterday, and could miss his second consecutive match after only making the bench against Brescia following his involvement in a car accident.

Vincent Candela is also unlikely to play.
SA Italy

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

damn.... :down::D
The part about Panucci is bad, but at least we won't have to deal with Candela.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++

Sure about that?
I know Panucci often plays in the center, but I thought Capello had stopped using the 3-5-2 some time ago, and was now using the 4-4-2?
No, Capello is using 3-4-1-2 at the moment.

Pelizzoli
Zebina Samuel Chivu
Mancini Emerson De Rossi Lima
Totti
Montella Cassano

That's the line-up Roma played with against Brescia.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

zebina? i thot mancini is going to play there. he looks good agaisnt brescia
Roma play with a three man defence. Against Brescia it consisted of Zebina, Samuel and Chivu, with Mancini on the right wing. If Panucci is fit he will play instead of Zebina and Mancini will keep his place on the right.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

No, Capello is using 3-4-1-2 at the moment.

Pelizzoli
Zebina Samuel Chivu
Mancini Emerson De Rossi Lima
Totti
Montella Cassano

That's the line-up Roma played with against Brescia.
i belive that this team is not that hard for us to beat.we just have to play the way we should that's it ;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++

i belive that this team is not that hard for us to beat.we just have to play the way we should that's it ;)
How can you be so confident? That is a very strong line-up, probably as strong as ours, and when you add to that the fact that Roma are fresher than we are you really have to be worried. If we win it will be just barely, but I'm expecting a draw or a defeat, most likely the former.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
we must be aware is from their attack capabilities.
Currently, their attack is better than ours, their midfield is just as good, and their defence is better. I'm really really scared... :scared:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yeah , because opf that i said so. This game will be not a walk in the park.

We have high probabilities to lose this match, considering that roma was preparing since sunday, and jUventus players have had lot of games in the past weeks, and they are training like crazy.

IMO both teams are very balanced, and any can win in delle alpi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)