SERIE A: Juventus - Roma (5 Viewers)

the phoenix

Aug 8, 2002
I saw a bit of this game, not enough to judge. I still would love to see Tudor in defense with Legro/Ferrera and have a midfield of Appiah, Tach and Davids. Only then would I begin to see this team really clicking the way I feel it can. Montero is good, but really Tudor is healthy, I cannot find the problem here.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
ive been looking all over for news on the del piero injury, could anyone help me? i believe its not that serious. he just got subbed, becuase he didnt want to risk it and worsen the injury. and paddy angews (commentator) said that it was a familiar feeling, and that dp knew what it was so fast, thats why he wanted to come off immediately. so its one of his old injuries that has come back to huant him...

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Well let's forget it....:groan:
2-2,a good match.
2 bad we are not the only who tops the table,but afterall good result.
cheer.
Forza Juve!
What's the most important thing now is Dp's injury.....

Aug 10, 2002
Davids and appiah did good in midfield. The ref sucked. We didnt play too well in the second half, buffon did ok. We didnt deserve to lose so draw was fair. Any more news on del piero, i know its calf but how long will he be out. Roma should of had a player sent off

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
buffon:wasn't goodi guess he could save the goals(buffon fans peace:angel:)
thuram:good,he was there to rescue the defence when they made stupid mistakes
zambrotta:thumb:
legro:was ok,but was going to made terible mistake (owngoal)
montero:well done :)
tudor:nice to see him back.good job
camoranesi:was good and could award us penalty(fok refree)
davids:average but geting beter day by day
apiah:was ok
nedved:disapointed me again:down:
di vaio:lucky bastard:D
trezeguet:man he needs good pases.he will be good when alex and miccoli comes back
del piero:was doing good.i hope he is ok now

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++
buffon:wasn't goodi guess he could save the goals(buffon fans peace:angel:)
thuram:good,he was there to rescue the defence when they made stupid mistakes
zambrotta:thumb:
legro:was ok,but was going to made terible mistake (owngoal)
montero:well done :)
tudor:nice to see him back.good job
camoranesi:was good and could award us penalty(fok refree)
davids:average but geting beter day by day
apiah:was ok
nedved:disapointed me again:down:
di vaio:lucky bastard:D
trezeguet:man he needs good pases.he will be good when alex and miccoli comes back
del piero:was doing good.i hope he is ok now
I am not sure what game you were watching but I thought Nedved was the best player in black and white as he showed why he is indeed a former Lazio player, he gave everything and more in this game

I do not want to start reading Juve sucked or Lippi's decision and that nonsense because before the game most were in agreement with playing a negative line up as most quoted playing Tudor in midfield would add balance to the lineup
What balance? Good thing Lippi is the manager

Said it before , I do not see any reason why Camo was dropped from starting lineup and really no team especially if you are a big team , should start to change personnel and tactics for a particular match

All I kept reading was about the famous trident and Mancini what he would do to us and in reality they did sweet F. A in the first half

Disappointed to see Dp go off with an injury

Buffon made a gr8 save from Totti but overall was not very good and mediaset gave him 5 but id give him 6
By the way stand up anyone who has not beaten Buffon from a free kick

Montero was alright, lacks pace, and should really have buried a header from Nedved's cross 6

Zambrotta was good and I was surprised to see him being made captain ahead of Montero especially and Davids 6,5

Leggro okay as well nothing special 6

Thuram yet another disappointing display 5.5

Appiah made a brill tackle on Totti in the defence helped a lot in midfield and attack , if he could pass correctly , hed be the ultimate midfielder 6.5

Davids was alright didnt give the ball awy to often and played peace maker a lot of times 6

Tudor shoudl not be in the midfield and its an insult on Maresca that he is on the bench whilst Tudor is playing in m/f , should go back to defense and be a starter there alongside Leggro 5.5

Nedved best match by far this season , driving force in midfiled, dangerous with his set plays and ran his heart out 7.5

Di Vaio was okay in the first half and 2 goals would do him a power of good 6.5

Trezeguet was alright as well in the first half and played a vital part in Di Vaio 1st goal but like most of his team mates , not a lot in 2nd, mediaset gave him 6.5, ill give him 5.5

Camo should have started and played well when he came on 6

Not sure why at home with 15 minutes to go and with Roma well on top, Lipi decides to take off Trez and bring on Birindelli but there you go

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
We shall only know about DP in the next couple of days.

I thought it was a fair result as we played better in the first while Roma played better in the second. Too bad we could not close the game (yet again!). After 2 games where we did not close the game when we had the chances, our opponents finally did get to score. I guess it's just a mental thing for the time being.

These are my ratings ;)

Buffon 6 - Couldn't do much on the free kick, but didn't seem as safe as usual on some occasions. He still saved our asses on a couple of occcasions

Thuram 6 - Quiet on the wing, did not go up too many times, but he performed his defensive duties well, especially in the centre, even though he's always screwing up the offside line.

Montero 6 - Closed Montella very well, too bad he had to go out in the 2nd half cos of some minor injury problem. Unlucky not to score.

Legrottaglie 6.5 - Getting better every game; unbeatable in the headers department.

Zambrotta 6.5 - Done very well defensively; good first match as Juve's captain.

Appiah 6 - This guy has a lot of potential and will become even better. Too bad he is half at fault on Chivu's freekick as he was the only player in the barrier that did not jump, and theb all passed over his head.

Tudor 6.5 - Diligent as midfielder, a rock as a defender.

Davids 6 - Improved from the last match, yet he's still not the usual Davids that we admired last year.

Del Piero - 12 minutes are not enough to judge ;)

Nedved 7 - Ran for two, created lots of chances for others, and had one very good chance for himself.

Trezeguet 6 - Worked for the team but he did have some good chances as well.

Di Vaio 7 - That's a super sub. You call him and he does his job perfectly. If you count the minutes he played in these 3 matches, he did not even play 1 and a half games, yet he scored 3 goals. Good average.

Camoranesi 6.5 - MAde some nice dribblings, and showed he's back to his best self. Hope he keeps it up!

Birindelli - Too few minutes to rate.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yeps..Lippi aleays do that thing to "seure" the advantage, and we always end scored :rolleyes:

The maresca thing its true. Tudor is not for the mid, he is too slow, and he dont have good ball dominion.

the possitive point is that Davids and Appiah were fabulous there. I liked how appiah manage the ball, and combining with the perseverance of davids when the times come to fight for a ball man to man, is th perfect combination.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Its a shame to have divaio in the bench, but we have a great striker group to be proud of.

Very happy for di vaio, he was reliable when we needed his help. It was the chance he deserved to show something (although in his 2 goals he was just very good positioned ;) )

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
I'm very happy for Marco,specially when he didn't played enough in the last matches,and for Davids with Appiah sounds great!

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
although in his 2 goals he was just very good positioned ;) )
being well positioned is a very important part of being a good striker too - being at the right place at the right time :)

Although Juve and Roma shared the points, its not that bad for either team as Milan and Inter both drew with Perugia and Samp respectively while Lazio lost to Parma :cool: :D

FORZA JUVE !!!!!

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
haha its funny how totti said before the match that if he could take any man out of this match itd be alessandro del piero

hope del piero recovers soon because he has been playing good and itd be a shame to see him be out for a while because of an injury

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
They look like a good friends or something...i know lately it was getting(their friendship) better but still........

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
BUFFON - Not his best performance but Gigi made crucial saves on Totti in both halves. 6

THURAM - Good defensively, not so good offensively. I want to see Lilian getting down that right flank more often because we all know how dangerous he can be. 6

LEGROTTAGLIE - Another solid performance. Legro is amazing in the air and looks very comfortable with the ball at his feet. Unfortunately he's still making a few clumsy tackles here and there. 6.5

MONTERO - Nothing special. Some nice challenges and interceptions, but Paolo can do better. 6

ZAMBROTTA - Took the captain's armband after DP left and showed good leadership and responsibility. A very convincing defensive performance but not quite as explosive as he was against Empoli and Chievo. 7

APPIAH - Showed some nice touches and was pretty solid when defending but Stephan has more to offer Juventus. 6.5

TUDOR - Good work from the big man. Tudor was efficient as a midfielder and like a wall in defence. Hopefully he takes Montero's place in central defence when Tacchinardi returns. 6.5

DAVIDS - Didn't give away the ball much but wasn't as aggresive as he normally is. Not a bad effort from Edgar. 6/6.5

NEDVED - Finally Neddy displayed his form of last season. He ran like mad as usual and his passing was much sharper than it was against Chievo. Played a crucial part in both goals and almost scored one himself. 7.5

DEL PIERO - It's a real shame that Alex got injured because he was in great shape going into the match. Ran rings around Zebina but then hurt himself. No rating.

TREZEGUET - Trez actually tried to get involved in the build-up and was good in the first half. Unfortunately the service wasn't really there in the second half and he struggled to get involved. 6

DI VAIO - Talk about a super sub. Marco came on for the injured Del Piero and scored a brace. Thanks alot DV. 7

CAMORANESI - Seems to be in good form. Made some nice dribbles and I thought that he earned us a penalty but Pellegrino turned it down. 6.5

BIRINDELLI - No rating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)