[SERIE A] Juventus - Palermo (5th October, 2008) (10 Viewers)

Should Ranieri quit/be fired after this result?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
We dropped to 11 place after last night!
I haven't seen Juve in such a place ever!

Perhaps the board should take a good look at the table and see were we stand. Though we are only 4 points away from Latzio / Inter and maybe that's why Cobolli isn't feeling the heat as yet but things do not look good!

Buy on AliExpress.com

fender06

Sep 16, 2006
The Difference In Valencia is the players,David Villa,David Silva,Vicente,Joaquin arguably one of the best bunch of attacking players in the world on there day so quick.
but they played shit last year and we played pretty good, finished at 3rd.
It's not purely players' quality, just like sateeh said, it depends a lot on players' atm.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I am not sure what sacking the coach now is going to achieve but I guess we all need someone to vent our anger on.

As far as I am concerned the whole board should be fired asap as ineptitude of this magnitude should not be tolerated.

They hired Ranieri in the 1st place when there were so many far better alternative. Admittedly we did far better than what I thought we were going to when you consider how poor our squad was in my view last season but circumstances dictated we finished 3rd and that blinded the idiots at the top that have no foresight that we could just buy any joblow and we would be fine.

If we took off our black and white blinkers for a second and I told you that a team comprising of salihamidzic, grygera, mellberg, kzenevic, ekdal, molinaro, poulsen, marchisio, tiago etc have aspirations of winning the league and cl and they are not Juventus players, what would you think?

Most especially that squads in their way comprise of players of the calibre of Ronaldo, tevez, berbatov, nani, anderson, scholes, giggs, ferdinand, vidic:-man united; lampard, ballack, essien, deco, carvalho, drogba, anelka, bosingwa:chelsea; xavi, messi, henry, etoo, iniesta, puyol, milito, alves, keita, okay with victor valdes in goal anything is possible: Barcelona

And other teams that I do not have the time to list their squad players but like Roma our transfer policy has been nothing short of embarassing.

Roma are laughingly surprised that buying Baptista and Riise has not turned them into world beaters and we are alarmed that a squad in the last 2 years have had the likes of Stendardo and the other garbage that I have listed above represent them are finding it very difficult to cope with the demands of seriea and cl.

Napoli, Genoa, palermo and others have got better, bought well but Juventus and Roma have been absoulte pants in the transfer dealings.

You do not have to be the most brilliant of thinkers to realise that Poulsen would only stand out in a team of attacking creative players just like Makele looked good at Real madrid with zidane etc.

You do not add Poulsen to a team with no creativity because he would look the average footballer that he is and with Sissoko running around like someone possessed it makes him even look worse.

Then the big daddy of them all is the clown Giovanni Cobolli Gigli stating that he is confident in this team, he really does not have a clue.

We are not in crisis by any stretch of the imagination but we are not in good shape either.

And before anyone starts to talk about how we do not have any money, you do not have to spend big on good players, you just have to work very hard to find the good ones.

The thing that really annoys me is that Ranieri worked 4 years in England and about that time period in Spain but the players that made impression on him seem to be Sissoko, Mellberg and Poulsen.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
The only reason I think sacking Ranieri is a bad idea is coz the board will try to bring someonr like Donandoni
Its hard to remember when I last saw us in 11th, even after only 6 games

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
We dropped to 11 place after last night!
I haven't seen Juve in such a place ever!

Perhaps the board should take a good look at the table and see were we stand. Though we are only 4 points away from Latzio / Inter and maybe that's why Cobolli isn't feeling the heat as yet but things do not look good!
embarrassing position for juve , we need to improve and get back to the right position

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
i just want Ranieri sacked for his limited abilities and loser mentality. anyway overall i don't think we are in a crisis YET. 4 pts from the leader is ok considering that every team lost atleast one game. what we r missing is the flexability in changing the formation of the team, i'd like ranieri to change the formation once for a change take a risk i mean after 3 draws and a lose it's obvious that this tactic is not working. try something new be creative obviously we lack creativity in the MF atleast showing that he is trying would be nice

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The famous Intertoto season.
At the end we played a play off match against Udinese. We had the same number of points with them but h2h and GD didn't count so we had to play the play-offs where the winner was going to play in UEFA while the loser was going to start from Intertoto.

We lost even that :(

Jan 7, 2004
oh i remember, fighting Udinese to get a uefa spot, eventually losing, having played Tudor as a striker for some part of the second game
At the end we played a play off match against Udinese. We had the same number of points with them but h2h and GD didn't count so we had to play the play-offs where the winner was going to play in UEFA while the loser was going to start from Intertoto.

yep

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

I believe that was the season Marcio Amoroso was top scorer in Serie A, and he sank us in the uefa cup playoff.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Hey at least we won the Intertoto afterwards...along with 2 other different teams. :D

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

For once the phrase "you're all winners" actually was true.

Remember Tacchinardi's volley against Rostov Rostelmash? :cool:
No. At that time I was able to watch Juve only on national TV which showed our games every 6th round(in average). :depressed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)