[SERIE A] Juventus - Palermo (5th October, 2008) (2 Viewers)

Should Ranieri quit/be fired after this result?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I guess I am in the minority when I said that we shouldn't fire Ranieri for this result immediately. We already made the mistake of not replacing him during the summer when we had a chance. Once we made the CL spot, it was like all you people here forgot what he did during the season. The smart move is to secure a world class replacement for him not some makeshift coach who will probably continue to lose. We are not the Juventus we used to be along with a lot of stupid decisions during the summer so let's not act like the only issue is our coach with this poll. Should we sack the whole board, Ranieri, and replace some of our roster with the type of players we need? Now I would vote a yes for that.

We got really lucky with the result today. This was probably Palermo's worst performance this season with Ballardini coaching. Just imagine if they were connecting like they regularly are. Thank god that Miccoli got injured in the first half because he was our biggest threat.

It is just clear that something needs to be done for Juventus. We need to get our morale back and I'm not sure if it can be fixed that easily with the sacking of Ranieri.
That's true, although it's a start.

We lie as perennial victims of this disastrous board

mondo1

May 14, 2006
Truly a pathetic display today - all the way around... with the exception of Gigi. What should we expect? We knew this was simply not a top flight defense - many of us were pulling our hair out during the last few weeks of the mercato, as we failed to make the obviously crucial addition(s) to our back line. Pretty obvious why that was the case now... a couple of injuries and we're completely in the shitter. Talk about unorganized the last few games... ticky tack goals all over the place.

All of you who were claiming that our defense was in good shape before the season started, or that Ivanovic was too much of a risk, etc., I hope you enjoyed the performance by Knezevic today. Or Mellberg's performance so far this year? Mediocrity, incarnate. We absolutely should have taken a run at Marquez, or a fucking risk on Branislav. We also should have made a play for Maggio... I still can't believe Napoli snagged him.

What's also amusing (in an incredibly depressing kind of way), is that all 3 of these defensive players would have had a greater impact on our offense (and obviously the defense) than a player like Poulsen has had.

Poulsen has had a couple of bright moments, and he hasn't been rubbish... but he certainly was not what we needed.

We have basically no creativity, and a shitty/shallow defense.
was there really someone claiming that our defence is in good shape? :rndh:

i'm crying for a new cb and rb all the time.... some say poulsen's work on the pitch is good but invisble but man i haven'T seen good work from him since the season started... he had some good games in the preseason but now...but what hurts the most is the mercato last year... look how much we spend on tiago almiron and andrade.... with this money and the cash from poulsen we could have get zapata new right back and xabi or even vdv if we only tried.... plus vinni and amauri....
still now u all say it was clear that we can not win the scuedetto this year but i'm the opinion if we would have spend the money correct in the last 2 years we could defenatly win it

ah and mellberg and knezevic should never ever play again...just a pathic display from both...even though mellberg was on a free his wage could be saved...

Sarah

s-doLLa
Sep 26, 2007
Well signing Mellberg wasn't the worst decision we made. It was just that most of us were under the impression he was a back up CB which made sense. I was just expecting us to get a world class one in the summer. Just never happened instead we got a couple of more DMs and another back up CB.

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
I was just wondering, since i missed today's match, if there was anyone that would like to post either straight to me via private messaage, or right here, a recap of the game, like how they thought we played, what we did wron etc in their opinion, just interested to see what the game was like, because i usually watch us all the time, but couldnt catch the game today, thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time out to do this, appreciate it.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Quality defenders also mean reliable, isnt it??
so you are saying chiellini is not a quality defender because he was injuried pretty often lately ... so cordoba is not a quality defender because he got injured last season too, so chivu is on quality defender ?

injuries can happen to everybody so going only for quality and not for depth too would result in a very difficult situation ...

Zapata+Criscito is still > Andrade+Mellberg+Knezevic...
there is no way that we could have got Zapata ... (at least if you turn off fm08)

and in the criscito case pretty many here were happy to offload him for loan and to get experience.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i can't add much to what has been said,truly pathetic display. The team has lost the passion, i don't know if that because of the management or the coach or whatever. Most of our players were ghosts out there last night and the same goes for our coach who got outplayed once again by Ballardini.

i hope the break does the team good, because the fixtures after it is what will determine our season (with or without ranieri).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
"But Knezevic singing won't be that bad as it is a loan with a minimum crappy fee so there is no risk of losing either way."

Those morons didn't count the amount of Livorno goals we might concede while he is wearing a fucking Juventus shirt.
Lets also quote the usual,

"But you guys never seen him play, he may turn out good." :gsol:

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
Enough is enough, Claudio must quit right now... this team has no passion and the same goes to the coach.

Lets also quote the usual,

"But you guys never seen him play, he may turn out good." :gsol:

:lol2:
Indeed, people expect to turn shit players into WC. This is Juventus no a miracle factory.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
"But Knezevic singing won't be that bad as it is a loan with a minimum crappy fee so there is no risk of losing either way."

Those morons didn't count the amount of Livorno goals we might concede while he is wearing a fucking Juventus shirt.
Secco bought him because Knezevic will be Crotian first team CB in the future
and he has good record goal scoring as CB in Livorno and Croatian League

that the reason Secco bought him...
I think Secco + Ranieri don't know the main job for DC is to defend
that is the ability Knezevic doesn't have
I would prefer playing Ariaudo as 4th CB in our team than sign Knezevic

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
i can't add much to what has been said,truly pathetic display. The team has lost the passion, i don't know if that because of the management or the coach or whatever. Most of our players were ghosts out there last night and the same goes for our coach who got outplayed once again by Ballardini.

i hope the break does the team good, because the fixtures after it is what will determine our season (with or without ranieri).
It's like Valencia with Ronald Koeman last season...
they lost game a lot

and this season with the change of the coach (Emery) and not do much in transfer market
they change completely

I think coach is responsible to change the way our team played
and Ranieri must be sacked because i don't see the things will changed under Ranieri

I don't like we played this season
we are not creating chances, no passion, lot of miss passing, not dominate the game even against Cagliari and Palermo, can't scored goal from open play...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)