[Serie A] JUVENTUS 4-0 Lecce (Oct. 17th 2010) (6 Viewers)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I meant risking Del Piero (injury).

Why would Quag need rest? He's not going to play on Thursday.
If anyone needed rest, I'd think it would have been Amauri.

Why not bring on Martinez instead of Ale?
Maybe with the exception of the Melo - Sissoko substitution, after Del Piero came on yesterday we had the team that are most probably going to play against Salzburg next Thursday.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I think playing Ale was sensational for the fans, they were cheering for him in the 1st half, during HT and in the 2nd half. Like the commentator said, you could see the joy in these fans when he stepped into the pitch.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I meant risking Del Piero (injury).

Why would Quag need rest? He's not going to play on Thursday.
If anyone needed rest, I'd think it would have been Amauri.

Why not bring on Martinez instead of Ale?
Why would we assume he'll get injured? With that logic, playing Del Piero any time is a risk so why play him at all? Amauri doesn't need a rest he barely plays in comparison to Quag. The sub was like for like, Del Neri would have wanted to keep some height and balance up front.

OP
RAMI-N

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
  • Thread Starter #305
    I think playing Ale was sensational for the fans, they were cheering for him in the 1st half, during HT and in the 2nd half. Like the commentator said, you could see the joy in these fans when he stepped into the pitch.
    It's the utmost joy when Ale steps on the pitch :touched:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    Why would we assume he'll get injured? With that logic, playing Del Piero any time is a risk so why play him at all? Amauri doesn't need a rest he barely plays in comparison to Quag. The sub was like for like, Del Neri would have wanted to keep some height and balance up front.
    Do I really have to spell it out?

The game was over, finished, done, finito. What's the use of bringing him on at that point? It's always a risk, that's right. This time it was an unnecessary one.

And Quag (who plays less than 1 full game per week) needs a rest, while Amauri (who just got back from a minor injury & is expected to play more than 1 full game a week) doesn't need a rest?
    Maybe it's me, but I don't see the logic here.

I really don't see how any of our players would need a rest so early on in the season (though Aquilani & Krasic don't look 100% in shape right now), let alone Quag who was only featured in 6 games.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    Do I really have to spell it out?

The game was over, finished, done, finito. What's the use of bringing him on at that point? It's always a risk, that's right. This time it was an unnecessary one.

And Quag (who plays less than 1 full game per week) needs a rest, while Amauri (who just got back from a minor injury & is expected to play more than 1 full game a week) doesn't need a rest?
    Maybe it's me, but I don't see the logic here.

I really don't see how any of our players would need a rest so early on in the season (though Aquilani & Krasic don't look 100% in shape right now), let alone Quag who was only featured in 6 games.
    I just don't really see the big risk in bringing Del Piero on for 10 minutes. It would be extremely unfortunate if he were to injure himself in such a short space of time. And why not bring him on? Its great for the fans, its good for him to get at least a bit of playing time. Its just not a big deal.

Jul 3, 2010
    Wouldn't put it it that way, Marchisio didnt play as a winger imho, he played more as a left cm in a 3 man midfield. Gave cover, ball possession and a space for DC. 3 cm midfielders played really compact and didnt give any space to an opponent away. And his touch was also impressive. But its only my opinion:flag1:
    agree with you :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    You reckon?

If a team is to stop Krasic completely, they will probably need to use at least two players.

This means they will be at least one man short in other areas of the pitch, so it shouldn't be that tough to find space and get other good players involved.
    Balzaretti stopped Krasic by himself.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
    I just don't really see the big risk in bringing Del Piero on for 10 minutes. It would be extremely unfortunate if he were to injure himself in such a short space of time. And why not bring him on? Its great for the fans, its good for him to get at least a bit of playing time. Its just not a big deal.
    I can recall Ranieri putting on Sissoko around the 88th minute against Palermo when we were leading 2 nil and he injured himself and missed the Chelsea games a few days later and was out for a 2 months with a broken bone in his foot so I can see where Buck is coming from.

I would of also like to of seen him give Martinez a run out.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    I wouldn't say that.

He's the fullback who has done best against Krasic so far, but Krasic was still involved in that game quite a lot.

I though the problem in that game was Palermo controlled midfield, so Juve struggled to get the ball to Krasic very often.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    I wouldn't say that.

He's the fullback who has done best against Krasic so far, but Krasic was still involved in that game quite a lot.

I though the problem in that game was Palermo controlled midfield, so Juve struggled to get the ball to Krasic very often.
    :agree:

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    I was completely satisfied with yesterday's performance...it pretty much turned into a sparring (training) match, as we were far superior to Lecce.

I finally saw the speed this team has been missing....and on that note, let me say that Krasic is the best player we've signed in a long while. I almost fear just how badly we could miss him if he gets injured....

Krasic has speed, vision and some great passing...if he isnt gonna score, then he's gonna set someone else up to

Aquilani was good as well. If he can remain injury free, then we will see him starting every game, and making an impact. He reads the game well, his passes are on, and he had a nice shot yesterday as well.

Melo also had a good game, maybe his best in Black & White. He is the kind of guy who when he is having a good game, his energy and enthusiasm is contagious, and others play well because of it (imo). The other side of it is when he is not playing so well, and becomes negative........

Congrats to DP for #178, and it was a class goal as well !!! :beer: How long can he keep working his magic ????

Marchisio playing on the left definitely gave DC the cover he needs, but lets be honest, DC doesnt belong in a Juve uniform, rather, he would be more in his element in a Pro Patia jersey.

The only other negative is Amauri. I already said it at the beginning of the season that this guy is washed up, and is already a has been. We need to sell him to whoever the hell will take him, and bring in another Brazilian by the name of Luis Fabiano

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I don't understand why he put Del Piero on though (I know this sounds silly in hindsight because of the great goal) when the game was already over. Why take the risk when you'll need him in a few days?
    Considering that Quag can't play AND Iaquinta is doubtful, then yeah, you could say that it was a minor risk. But nothing bad. We have Martinez too and even without 4 of our 5 strikers we could play 4-3-3 with Krasic and Pepe in a trident.

Plus, we don't have an indispensable striker right now. We're doing the same no matter who plays in attack. When we scored 3 or 4 goals to Sampdoria, Udinese, Cagliari and Lecce we had different striking duos all the time.
    It's the midfield that does all the job and right now it's mostly Krasic, then Aquilani and Melo, we seriously depend on. In attack it doesn't even matter who plays. They're all almost the same and they give the same amount of goals/quality to this team.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    bad comparisation, the entire palermo side was based around making shure krasic didnt got a good ball, and if he did, that he was in such position he could do little with it.

if the entire team wasent such fail that day, and provided krasic with balls he could actually use, then it would be another thing.

also, that was krasic 3th match for us or something,next time we face palermo, balzaretti will cry

AV-7

Jul 8, 2009
    Considering that Quag can't play AND Iaquinta is doubtful, then yeah, you could say that it was a minor risk. But nothing bad. We have Martinez too and even without 4 of our 5 strikers we could play 4-3-3 with Krasic and Pepe in a trident.

Plus, we don't have an indispensable striker right now. We're doing the same no matter who plays in attack. When we scored 3 or 4 goals to Sampdoria, Udinese, Cagliari and Lecce we had different striking duos all the time.
    It's the midfield that does all the job and right now it's mostly Krasic, then Aquilani and Melo, we seriously depend on. In attack it doesn't even matter who plays. They're all almost the same and they give the same amount of goals/quality to this team.
    Aquilani isn't available as well. The 4-3-3 will be slow with marchisio melo and Sissoko.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)