[Serie A] JUVENTUS 3-2 roma (October 5th 2014) (18 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Bonucci

• Caceres

• Asamoah

• Pirlo

• Marchisio

• Pogba

• Licht

• Llorente

• Tevez

• Ogbonna

• Morata

Results are only viewable after voting.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
That's fine if you believe these teams are getting the favourable calls due to nothing more than good fortune.

Or do you mean that being brave enough to bribe officials will bring you good fortune? :p
winning generates more winning(positivity), however you see it, be it in 50 50 situations or how you are perceived in pop culture. also having a big fortune helps :p

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
What a fucking cunt. Such a punchable face and an unlikable character. I hope he suffers a relapse and is sidelined for another year, and that he fades into obscurity upon return from injury, having an incredibly average career. That, and that someone takes a giant dump on his ugly face.
holland has a van bommel again :D

- - - Updated - - -

And if you ask fans in Italy, you will find there is a belief (which may or may not be justified) that Juve have, more often than not, been the beneficiaries in these controversial games for as long as anyone can remember, which is where the problem comes from.

Coming at this from the point of view of an Aberdeen supporter who is thoroughly accustomed to seeing Rangers (Old and New) and Celtic getting some ludicrously favourable refereeing displays, I can't find it in me to entirely condemn the reaction of the likes of Roma to the perceived injustices over the years (though Roma and Fiorentina in particular go on about these things a bit too much and I wonder if it undermines their chances of winning).

What interests me in the Italian reaction is that the Italian media machine swings into action to stoke up the hatred of Juve.

When Rangers or Celtic get decisions in their favour here, the national press will do exactly the opposite and try to deflect attention away from the controversial decisions.
it is the same here in holland with ajax aka lucky ajax. every other club (fans) hates them. but not the whole media jumps on it to even make the hate bigger after controversial calls.. italy is a crazy land and i am happy i don't live over their.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
And if you ask fans in Italy, you will find there is a belief (which may or may not be justified) that Juve have, more often than not, been the beneficiaries in these controversial games for as long as anyone can remember, which is where the problem comes from.

Coming at this from the point of view of an Aberdeen supporter who is thoroughly accustomed to seeing Rangers (Old and New) and Celtic getting some ludicrously favourable refereeing displays, I can't find it in me to entirely condemn the reaction of the likes of Roma to the perceived injustices over the years (though Roma and Fiorentina in particular go on about these things a bit too much and I wonder if it undermines their chances of winning).

What interests me in the Italian reaction is that the Italian media machine swings into action to stoke up the hatred of Juve.

When Rangers or Celtic get decisions in their favour here, the national press will do exactly the opposite and try to deflect attention away from the controversial decisions.
There's a certain member on this forum that may term this as peasantry.

Big clubs generally get the calls in all leagues.

Remember a while back Juve lost the final on the last day of the championship, due to a number of things going against them.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Big clubs generally get the calls in all leagues.
And that is to be expected.

Referees are human and are subject to external influences - whether that be from the people running the football association or simply not having the nerve to give Aberdeen a penalty in front of 50K+ Glaswegians.

But the standard 'big club bias' argument can only cover so much and there are times when it appears that officials are going well beyond giving the 'big clubs' the benefit of the doubt and are just being biased and unreasonable.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009

Referees are human and are subject to external influences - whether that be from the people running the football association or simply not having the nerve to give Aberdeen a penalty in front of 50K+ Glaswegians.

But the standard 'big club bias' argument can only cover so much and there are times when it appears that officials are going well beyond giving the 'big clubs' the benefit of the doubt and are just being biased and unreasonable.
With regards to this game in particular, I don't think there was clear bias to Juve, as he also gave Roma an easy penalty and made a few bad calls against both sides.

I think it was a case of the referee completely losing control of proceedings which all started with a couple of bad calls (Pressure on Marchisio call, incorrectly not immediately calling the Maicon handball a PK)... this meant that the entire match spiralled out of control and the players ran on emotions and anger for most of the match.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Back during the World Cup someone posted a link to some refereeing forum where they were discussing the red card on Marchisio. Does anyone know what that forum was? I'd like to see if they have anything to say about this game.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

with all due respect, but that is the biggest piece of nonsense i have seen you write on this forum

- - - Updated - - -

Back during the World Cup someone posted a link to some refereeing forum where they were discussing the red card on Marchisio. Does anyone know what that forum was? I'd like to see if they have anything to say about this game.

big soccer, and they only had that thread for the WC.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I once met an Italian man and I immediately approached him and said I am a Juventus fan. I extended my hand out to shake his hand and the next thing he does is calling me a thief and doesn't want to shake my hand.
I was really surprised with the gesture. I guess its an Italian thing to be rude and arrogant.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
- the airport story = priceless :lol:

- "Totti can't understand Juve because he never played for a big club" :lol: huge burn

Amici di Nessuno :touched:

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Rocchi Gets One Month Off After Juventus V Roma Controversy

Italian referee Gianluca Rocchi has been suspended for a month after some controversial decisions made in the Serie A match between Juventus and Roma.

The Bianconeri won the Sunday fixture 3-2 in Turin but there were some refereeing calls made that outraged Giallorossi players and fans.

According to Il Corriere dello Sport, Rocchi has been banned for one month by the CAN (National Referees Commission) while they analyse the penalty decisions awarded to Juventus.

Rocchi is expected to return on November 2 but he could return a couple days earlier on October 28 or 29.

Both of the penalties awarded to Juve were given in the first half of the Serie A match. The first incident was when Roma’s right-back Maicon was deemed to have made a handball after an Andrea Pirlo free-kick.

The second incident occurred just before half-time when Bianconeri midfielder Paul Pogba was fouled by Giallorossi playmaker Miralem Pjanic and Rocchi pointed to the penalty spot.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
Rudi Garcia’s post-Juventus team-talk to his Roma players reportedly had him confidently tell them: “I know we will win the Scudetto.”

The Giallorossi were left feeling aggrieved by a number of refereeing decisions in Sunday evening’s 3-2 defeat to their title rivals.

For the public fallout on the matter, the Corriere dello Sport report that the Coach’s direction to his players after the game was much more positive.

“In my life I have never seen refereeing like this,” Garcia is reported by the Rome publication to have approximately told his players.

“But on a day like this I understand that we will win the Scudetto.

“We will continue to work as we know, and we will show that we can finish in front of Juventus.”

as parrots 3 years the same
ScudettoScudettoScudettoScudettoScudettoScudettoScudettoScudetto

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Garcia has obviously not watched much football before. I'm not sure what this constant exaggerating is all about. Do decisions become more scandalous in the context?

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
Rocchi Gets One Month Off After Juventus V Roma Controversy

Italian referee Gianluca Rocchi has been suspended for a month after some controversial decisions made in the Serie A match between Juventus and Roma.

The Bianconeri won the Sunday fixture 3-2 in Turin but there were some refereeing calls made that outraged Giallorossi players and fans.

According to Il Corriere dello Sport, Rocchi has been banned for one month by the CAN (National Referees Commission) while they analyse the penalty decisions awarded to Juventus.

Rocchi is expected to return on November 2 but he could return a couple days earlier on October 28 or 29.

Both of the penalties awarded to Juve were given in the first half of the Serie A match. The first incident was when Roma’s right-back Maicon was deemed to have made a handball after an Andrea Pirlo free-kick.

The second incident occurred just before half-time when Bianconeri midfielder Paul Pogba was fouled by Giallorossi playmaker Miralem Pjanic and Rocchi pointed to the penalty spot.
The refs commission has analyzed the incidents and came up with verdict: Maicon no penalty; Pogba and Totti controversial, penalty could have been awarded; Bonucci's goal: ok.

So, what are we exactly talking about? One penalty wasn't a penalty, so fucking what? maicon shoud have been yellow carded, free kick re-taken by Pirlo from closer range, goal for us anyway.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
So, basically the ref is suspended for one game...

And FI is saying this:

"Rocchi will not be given any Serie A games until November, as there are fears the media coverage will cause any decision to be contested."

Anybody knows exactly what is happening here?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)