[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-0 Chievo, August 23rd 2009 (4 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Salihamidzic

• Chiellini

• Cannavaro

• Poulsen

• Tiago

• Marchisio

• Iaquinta

• Diego

• Amauri

• De Ceglie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
CANNA WAS A FUCKING ROCK !!!!!!!

take that, haters :p

I pretty much agree with the consensus here.....Canna was the M.O.M. and Diego and Amauri were fun to watch, although we really should have been able to put another past on Chievo.

I would say that our mercato was perfect had we brought in fullback, its a shame that all of us can see that DC, Molinaro, Brazzo and Grygera are mediocre at best, and we wont win any major trophies with liabilities like them in the starting lineup, and our band of amateurs on the management team cannot see this. I would think Ferrara would know this, and hopefully he can explain the problems that await us if we dont act before the transfer market closes (Caceres is a better CB than he is a fullback)

Poulsen has some work to do to improve, and Marchisio was again anonymous for most of the game. On a positive note, Tiago wasnt that bad out there

Big game next week, as we take on an already injured animal in that of Roma

on a side note, did anyone watch the Siena-Milan game yesterday ?? Did you guys see Siena's Kappa uniforms ?? I thought they were sharp...totally reminded me of our old kits !!:cry:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Not the best start but we shouldn't complain. Cheivo are anything but a weak side. I'm glad we managed to grab our 3points. We have several injured players, and I'm sure once they're back we will be and look a better.

I enjoyed our first half our 2nd wasn't that bad but Chievo were brilliant.

Buffon 6

Grygera 6
Cannavaro 7.5
Chiellini 6.5
Salihamidzic 6

Poulsen 5.5
Tiago 6.5
Marchisio 7

Diego 7

Iaquinta 6.5
Amauri 7

De Ceglie 6
Camoranesi NR

Ferrara: Decent formation and subs though I wanted to see David in the 2nd half but I wont complain much.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
There are more positives to take away from this match than negatives. The negatives were mostly a result of fatigue.

The 1st half was a refreshing change to what we have come to expect over the past few season. Despite being the 1st game of the season, you can see productive team play from midfield, and that type of link up will only get better as the season progresses.

We created little in the 2nd half because the front 3 were completely isolated. Their teammates were too tired to run the length of the pitch without leaving gaping holes. Diego, Amauri and Iaquinta were forced into too many hopeful plays and hollywood passes because they had no support. They still managed to play well though, and our new trident attack should prove to be a real threat.

As for Ciro's debut, bravo. I'm tempted to slate him for not making much needed subs earlier in the half, but the risk he took with Marrone is a precedent setter. Not many coaches in Italy would bring on a youngster in a 1-0 game after being on the backfoot for a large chunk of the half.

As for player ratings, I agree with what has been said so far.
- Grygera is not good enough for Juventus. He offers nothing offensively, and I am puzzled how a pro footballer can make it this far and not be able to cross.
- Tiago and Poulsen faded out in the 2nd. Tiago looked completely reinvented in the 1st half though.
- Marchisio could have imposed himself a little more, but he was still decent. He was 1 of the players who still had legs late in the 2nd half.
- Cannavaro, Diego and Amauri, in that order, were our best players.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Cannavaro was a beast tonight. His slide tackles are so beautiful, the way he slides in the grass like he's on a slip and slide.very beautiful. Diego, what an unbelievable player we have, he did some orgasmic passes tonight and his work rate is unbelievable to bad he doesn't have the stamina of nedved, that would have been perfect. Amauri beast. Our team is solid, I just cant wait for sissoko to recover. Hopefully we get a good fullback in January though, unless of course caceres impresses or DC.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Cannavaro was a beast tonight. His slide tackles are so beautiful, the way he slides in the grass like he's on a slip and slide.very beautiful. Diego, what an unbelievable player we have, he did some orgasmic passes tonight and his work rate is unbelievable to bad he doesn't have the stamina of nedved, that would have been perfect. Amauri beast. Our team is solid, I just cant wait for sissoko to recover. Hopefully we get a good fullback in January though, unless of course caceres impresses or DC.
Better than Nesta, say it, say it! :D

EDIT: lol I just realized that your name is Nestor, and in your profile Nesta is not even on the list of fav players.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
WOOOOOOOWWWWWW... This is AMAAAAAAZING.

It is such a damn shame that we've had to miss him for a couple of years. Thank God he's back now.
:shifty:

Missed just about every page because of work, but that has to be sarcasm. You even capitalized His name.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Camo, however, scored points for not earning a red card during the 8 minutes he was on the pitch. :shifty:

And here I thought we finally sold Olivera...

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Not the best start but we shouldn't complain. Cheivo are anything but a weak side. I'm glad we managed to grab our 3points. We have several injured players, and I'm sure once they're back we will be and look a better.

I enjoyed our first half our 2nd wasn't that bad but Chievo were brilliant.

Buffon 6

Grygera 6
Cannavaro 7.5
Chiellini 6.5
Salihamidzic 6

Poulsen 5.5
Tiago 6.5
Marchisio 7

Diego 7

Iaquinta 6.5
Amauri 7

De Ceglie 6
Camoranesi NR

Ferrara: Decent formation and subs though I wanted to see David in the 2nd half but I wont complain much.
I'm not with you on the Marchisio & Tiago mark. Tiago was way better than Marchisio. He distributed some nice passes and was more active than Marchisio specially in the first half. When sissoko is back Marchisio is going to be the one warming the bench. It should be Melo Sissoko & Tiago playing behind Diego when the squad is complete

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I only managed to wake up in time for the second half. So Its pleasing to read virtually every match report talking of a solid showing in the opening 45 minutes.

What i noticed, about the 40 minutes or so I saw, was the following:>

Cannavaro still has undeniable class. Some of his tackling was impeccably timed and executed. I saw several tackles in which before he had even connected with the ball, I had no hesitation whatsoever that he was going to be strolling away with the ball at his feet moment later. To have a player capable of tackling with that supreme composure is a massive bonus for our rearguard. He was, at times, beautiful to watch. Fuck the idiots who call him a traitor...I don't see them as true juve supporters. They are more interested in asserting a show of personal indignation than welcoming a world class player back into our arms.

Diego likes to scrap, as much as create. But as the midfielders behind him were tired, he was often presented with a well marked amauri and iaquinta ahead of him, and 4-5 players for the 3 of them to take on. With Melo in the line-up behind him, he will have more support, in terms of bein able to find space and receive the ball further up the field, because his brazilian thug brother, can pass...When Momo returns also, even more physical reinforcement behind the attacking players, allowing diego to play more than fight. Though..its definitely a bonus that he enjoys crunching people. I just dont want to see him get stomped...Leave the stomping for the big boys.

Grygera was surely only playing because Zebina is not quite fit, and Caceres is not quite ready for a first team start. Before saying we must get a new right back, lets see how Zebina can do, as he looked decent in pre season. Also, there is Caceres...

Same applies to left back. De Ceglie did not have a long pre season. he is not yet near match sharpness, and it showed. Also, he doesn't look ready, tactically, for a starting berth...I would prefer to see Sali or Caceres starting there.

Poulsen was loathsome. Iaquinta and Amauri hard working, but too often pushed wide with only one in the middle to aim for.

It was pleasing to see Marrone...tough little character with decent feet. Credit for Ciro, for the interesting decision to bring him on when we were hardly in complete control...

From what I saw, our problems were the fullbacks, and fitness. We were also missing Del Piero, Melo, Momo, Zebina. Who I see as 4 definite first team starters...Chievo worked tremendously hard, but on this occasion, our quality and effort was enough to secure a solid victory.

No complaints...

(it was amusing to read the reports on here and notice a yankee write 'arm-ball'...do the americans seriously have terms like that to describe football, which aren't used anywhere else in the footballing world???? If so, it would not surprise me, but do they also say elbow-ball, or finger-ball???....)

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
how awesome would our team be if we had nedved still on that left wing :( cause we got raped in the second half..
p.s anybody wanting to watch games online.. most reliable site ATDHE.NEt one of the most popular sites, great streams,great quality, not alot of site redirections. just click and game pops up :)
and monster performance by canna today

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)