[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-0 Chievo, August 23rd 2009 (1 Viewer)

Man of the match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Salihamidzic

• Chiellini

• Cannavaro

• Poulsen

• Tiago

• Marchisio

• Iaquinta

• Diego

• Amauri

• De Ceglie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gotte

Mar 21, 2009
Cannavaro deserves at least 7.5. His was briliant - Man of the match IMO. Diego made a good performance but he tired at the second half, completely understandable. I'm happy with the three points. But, our wingbacks is just so bad.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I've only seen highlights of the game, but Grygera made two goal saving interventions.

That, in my opinion, means that no matter how bad he was in attack, you are being somewhat harsh in your rating.

Jun 24, 2009
I`m a little late so here are my thoughts on the game:

To start i was really happy that i got to see this on tv ,nothing is worse then watching some crappy internet streams .

Anyway Cannavaro was ok in a game against : Chievo ,wow i`m shocked ,i should be impressed and already forgive him for being a money grabbing traitor ?Its going to take a lot more then a game to impress me .

The rest of the team was good bar Grygera &Poulsen .To my surprise i really like how V .I played .Diego was solid but nothing spectacular ,i want to see more from him.

Lets build on this ,and take the capital city boys down .

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
First half we were very good, 2nd half we went downhill. Its blatantly obvious to see that we lack half dceent full backs, it ruins the 4-3-1-2 system. Standout players were Canna, Diego, Iaq & Amauri. Tiago was good first half but like the rest of the midfield faded out in the 2nd. Decent start to the season for us. Roma next week should be easier than Chievo last night IMO.

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
Anyway Cannavaro was ok in a game against : Chievo ,wow i`m shocked ,i should be impressed and already forgive him for being a money grabbing traitor ?Its going to take a lot more then a game to impress me .
+1

I won't be jumping on the Cannavaro bandwagon either. He's still a traitor in my eyes.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Brian the Chink over ate out of my garbage.
We had 4 starters out, so I'll certainly take a 1-0 win, no matter the opponent.
[Molinaro, Camoranesi, Del Piero, Felipe Melo]

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
My thoughts about the match:

I was surprised how much the team fatigued, by the 65th minute just everyone looked gassed. I thought Ciro was trying to get to a higher level of fitness this summer, maybe he just went too far in training on Friday or something. But we looked tired.

The first half was beautiful, very determined, good crisp passing, Diego looked great, 2nd reminded me of last season, unable to finish the game. I almost expected Chievo to claw one back late in the game. A good start against a plucky team, but we're going to need to be much better against Roma.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Brian the Chink over ate out of my garbage.
We had 4 starters out, so I'll certainly take a 1-0 win, no matter the opponent.
[Molinaro, Camoranesi, Del Piero, Felipe Melo]
Molinaro and Starter should not be used in conjunction with one another. This guy shouldn't even be on our bench, let alone a starter! When are we shipping him to Naples?

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Molinaro and Starter should not be used in conjunction with one another. This guy shouldn't even be on our bench, let alone a starter! When are we shipping him to Naples?
Nevertheless, he's has held down the starting left back job for two full seasons, and he is our starter.

And the folks calling Cannavaro a "traitor" and a "money grabber" have nothing but shit for brains. They need to grow up and understand how big a financial hit a club takes by going down a division, especially a club that was already spending its expected Champions League cheques. Juve needed to cut about 50% in salary, so Cannavaro, Thuram & Zambrotta were first on the list whether they liked it or not.

Fucking incredible that we still have to talk about "traitors" after 3 years.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
A bit late, but here's my take on the match:
Pretty good first half with some nice build up play. 2nd half almost turned out to be a disaster though: everyone looked exhausted, we lost control of the midfield & didn't know how to react. I'm pretty satisfied with most individual performances though.

Buffon 6 - Nothing much to do, but looked confident
Grygera 5,5 - Some good tackles but looked really shake at other times. Added absolutely nothing in attack, but I'm not holding that against him.
Cannavaro 7,5 - Mom. Surprising performance by the veteran, great positioning, awesome tackling: let's hope he continues like this. His lack of speed could cost us though.
Chiellini 6,5 - Pretty good game, nothing special but he did what he is supposed to do.
Salihamidzic 5,5 - Comparable to Grygera, maybe slightly worse though. I still consider him to be a mid.
Tiago 6,5 - At times very good, nice interplay with Diego. Too bad he really drifted out of the game at other times, especially in the 2nd half.
Poulsen 6,5 - Amazing, pretty much perfect first 30 min. Had some difficulties later on.
Marchisio 6,5 - Our best mid in the second half. Did a lot of work on that left side.
Diego 6,5 - Very promising game. Some good insight & nice ideas, no end product a lot of times though. Should think & act a little faster, but I'm sure he'll learn to do that. Was amazed by his workrate :tup:
Amauri 6,5 - Really good 1st half, difficult 2nd. He was a real pain for the Chievo defense.
Iaquinta 6,5 - Nice goal, should have scored another one. Kept working hard all game.
De Ceglie 5,5 - No real improvement over Salihamidzic. Marchisio had to conver for him quite often & he was unusually quiet going forward.
Marrone 6 - Nothing much to say. Held his own after the harsh yellow, looks promising.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)