[Serie A] Bari 1-0 JUVENTUS (August 29th 2010) (3 Viewers)

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Season is over already - even with Diego we had nothing against Strum and Shamrock - just a couple of lucky set piece goals, next to nothing from open play.

When was the last time Juve actually peeled open a defence and scored from open play?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
A little bit of objectivity over here.
Firstly as a team we looked incredibly tired out there yesterday, blame it on the 4 games in a week but guys like de ceglie, motta, pepe have been playing a lot in this past week.
I also think the management totally erred in the timings of the transfers leaving us horribly exposed. If Diego/Trez were to be sold eventually, what was the point of holding on to them till this late b4 the season starts??
First game of the season we need the team to be gelling in some way, which was completely lost by these last minute transfers.....In a way its a blessing in disguise our next game is a couple weeks apart....seeing that whoever may come in in the next 2 days and the later arrivals like Krasic, Quag, aqui e.t.c. will have time to play together as a unit.
All`s not lost, its better to have a wake up call now rather than get a few easy victories and get ahead of ourselves, that said who we bring in now is mighty crucial and for our sake lets hope its a positive one to lift the morale around here a bit!
:tup:

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Firstly as a team we looked incredibly tired out there yesterday, blame it on the 4 games in a week but guys like de ceglie, motta, pepe have been playing a lot in this past week.
I also think the management totally erred in the timings of the transfers leaving us horribly exposed. If Diego/Trez were to be sold eventually, what was the point of holding on to them till this late b4 the season starts??
First game of the season we need the team to be gelling in some way, which was completely lost by these last minute transfers.....In a way its a blessing in disguise our next game is a couple weeks apart....seeing that whoever may come in in the next 2 days and the later arrivals like Krasic, Quag, aqui e.t.c. will have time to play together as a unit.
All`s not lost, its better to have a wake up call now rather than get a few easy victories and get ahead of ourselves, that said who we bring in now is mighty crucial and for our sake lets hope its a positive one to lift the morale around here a bit!
I'm hoping atleast for a LB. DC isn't better than Molinaro. We need somebody there and quick. I'd take a good LB over Benzema. Thats how awful I think DC is at LB.

Jasp

Mar 19, 2009
Last year we won the first 5 games, and ended up seventh. I've seen many teams playing like crap in the opener and improve every time they hit field.

We're all feeling like crap because we have waited 3 months and got so disappointed. But hey, any predictions on where this season is going is pure and utterly bullshit at this moment.

Lets remember that our squad is vastly improved. That matters a lot for now.

Jul 2, 2006
Shame, absolute shame. Giovinco already showed himself in Parma, on the other hand Lanzafame and Pepe:sergio:

We were characterless, pathetic, thrashed by one of weakest team in europe. This season could be turning point for once great Juventus. Those ''installments'' will prevent us from making good moves in mercato for next 3 years. 3 more years like this and we will be shadow of Juventus in past.

Jul 10, 2006
Shame, absolute shame. Giovinco already showed himself in Parma, on the other hand Lanzafame and Pepe:sergio:

We were characterless, pathetic, thrashed by one of weakest team in europe. This season could be turning point for once great Juventus. Those ''installments'' will prevent us from making good moves in mercato for next 3 years. 3 more years like this and we will be shadow of Juventus in past.
Bari were 10th in the league last year, the weakest teams in Europe don't finish mid table in the Serie A. They are a solid club.

medo

May 26, 2007
well said :tup:

Jan 22, 2009
I was infuriated by the calm way Bari were controlling the mid and passing the ball in their half,most of the times involving their keeper....we were outplayed and we could't do shit about it. I am not gonna moan, I am just sad.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Well, didn't see the game due to prior engagements, but looking at our lineup, I'm not at all surprised of the result.

Fielding 2 last minute signings from the start?
Playing without a true striker or target man?
There simply are no excuses for that to happen. Amateurism really, from both coach & board.

For now though, I'll take comfort in the fact that we only conceded once. Our first goal should be to (again) become a tough team to break down. Which imo is not an impossible goal to achieve.

Jasp

Mar 19, 2009
I said and I mean it.

It may not be great yet. But it has better CMs (Aquilani - Poulsen swap should do us good). We have wide players now. And the defense is much better, with only 1 weak spot (de ceglie). I am not saying we're as good as Inter. But saying that last season team is better than this is insane.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
I said and I mean it.

It may not be great yet. But it has better CMs (Aquilani - Poulsen swap should do us good). We have wide players now. And the defense is much better, with only 1 weak spot (de ceglie). I am not saying we're as good as Inter. But saying that last season team is better than this is insane.
Well, it is insane to say that adding all the average Italian players to the team was an improvement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)