[Serie A] Bari 1-0 JUVENTUS (August 29th 2010) (16 Viewers)

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
people should calm the fuck down.. change won't come that quickly and it's the first match of the season with this players, 2 new players in effective positions played tonight for the first time here. Bari is a good team at home even if u have inter's team now u shouldn't be that sure that you will make a result against them. ofcourse i agree that Del Neri made mistakes tonight but even Roma made some great job last season with a very bad opening.. the season is too long and we still don't know shit about it.. who knows?!

:) Forza Juve

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
People make me laugh here...one loss and its already the end of the world. Juve may not win the scudetto this year, but fourth place is ours. On paper we are better than Napoli, Samp, Fiorentina and Palermo.

But I am surprised we got rid of Trez 2 days after we found out that Amauri got injured. Why? We need a prima punta that Quaglia clearly is not.

Oh, and we need a left back 'cause De Ceglie is not up to the job. He would do much better for a team like Parma.
even on paper, we are not better than any of those teams mentioned, and come next May, the standings will prove that

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
people should calm the fuck down.. change won't come that quickly and it's the first match of the season with this players, 2 new players in effective positions played tonight for the first time here. Bari is a good team at home even if u have inter's team now u shouldn't be that sure that you will make a result against them. ofcourse i agree that Del Neri made mistakes tonight but even Roma made some great job last season with a very bad opening.. the season is too long and we still don't know shit about it.. who knows?!

I'll take ur stance for now :tup:

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Common guys,

On paper Juve is ordinary (DC, Motta, Pepe, Lanzafame, Martinez should I go on?...) (DP is great but too old for 90 mins, Karsic is unproven, Quag is average at best, Melo and Sissoko can give you passing heart attacks, March's best games have been just above above average by world standards)

And on the field Juve is rubbish.

Can someone show me how Juve is strong on paper please?

Jul 10, 2006

Yea and for all that we still should have got a result on Chiellinis header. It was bad luck.

We can expect a rocky start to the season with so many new faces in the club, but I still believe this is a better side than we had last year.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Ranieri didn't build shit. Stop shoving that myth down everyone's throat. It was Vialli who started their successes in the 90's, not fucking Ranieri who won and did jack shit.
The lads I know back home who are fanatical about chelsea ALL acknowledge Ranieri's work with the foundations of Mourinho's team. As do I...having watched the premiership intensely, over the seasons in question.

Terry, Cech, Robben, Lampard, Glen Johnson, Makelele, Gallas, Bridge.....all players which were brought to the club, or brought into the first team, during Ranieri's time as Boss Pig at Chelsea. Joe Cole should also be in that list if my memory serves me right...

not quite a myth.

theone

Jul 3, 2007
Guys, first, let me say that I am no 16yo kido supporting Juve for 3 years... no!
I am Juventino for 22 years now, have seen thousands of games, alot live, blah blah, who gives a crap. thats not the point.
what disturbes me the most is that we have never been a Lecce/Siena type of club. fuck, obviosly. But now we are! I remember how an average player like Birindelli was ripping the flanks. why? cause ha had champions in the team. he had Nedved. he had Davids. for Gods sake. Andrea needs to understand ! This is not a team of Pepes and De Ceglies, not even our legend Del Piero's.
time is gone, we have wasted the chance to rbuild in 2007 when we got shitholes like Tiago, Almiron, Andrade my a**. We have spent over 200 mil on this team since promotion to A and look at the shape where we are. Andrea, we need champions in the team...
right now we have Chiell, Buffon and maybe Krasic, Bonucci and Aquaman. We need at least 4 more. We had Diego, no reason to cry abt his departure, but he had fuckin class. CLASS ! Thats what we lack.
I was so sad to watch us today... We were always different to Milans and printers.
ANDREA, first step is always a coach. TOP COACH. Ranieri isnt, Ferrara isnt a coach at all, so is Dzak. Del Neri is for Sienas and Lecces. WE ARE JUVE! WE NEED CAPELLO, WE NEED WORLD CLASS Coach! God, help us. We, fans, don't deserve this. We just do NOT !
I don't know what this team was playing, call it anything, but football.
And there are some good fellas here, black n white brothers, who believe we can gel, we can restore ourselves.
TRUST ME, this season is already wasted. Yes. based on 1 match. YES, I am that good.
We will not reach Champions League. We will crash out of Europa again.
Unless we bring in Mour, Capello or someone of that magnitude. I am no Wanga, but I dont see it happening...Del Nieri? No, thank you.
Hang in there, my friends. God give us some patience. Mine is over.
Forza Juve till I die.
ciao

Siddiqqa

Bellissima
Aug 29, 2010

THANK YOU FOR THIS POST!:agree:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
O well, like the old intes supporters used to say, there is always next year...
Our management cant fail forever, they may take their time, but some they will learn the basics...

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
even on paper, we are not better than any of those teams mentioned, and come next May, the standings will prove that
Dunno about the others but if fully fit and available, Fiorentina's squad runs circles around Juventus.

Vargas, Jovetic, Mutu, Gilardino, Frey, Montolivo is decent.

They lack depth and are also lacking in defence, but those names mentioned before are better than what juventus has available at the moment by a mile.

Good thing for you is that Mutu is banned and Jovetic injured though.

Mar 24, 2006
bad performance overall , i finished watching the game 15 minutes earlier ,
no creativity , dull , both flanks were so monotone , Quag was isolated , Del Piero was alone , Motta was good offensively but pretty poor defensively , De Ceglie had a so so game , Krasic wasn't settled and ,
we need Diego and his creativity badly :mad:

i also blame the pitch for having so many inter on it :mad:

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Storari: 6
- nothing he could do on the goal.

Motta: 5.5
- good, not great. He doesn't look like an upgrade to Grygera at all.

Bonnuci: 6
- pretty good, again not great but looked comfortable

Chiellini: 6
- Good again. Time and time covering for DC. Missed an unmarked header at the end

De Ceglie: 4
- how we haven't signed a LB is baffling. He did make one or two crucial challenges, but not comparable to how many times he let Bari open up our defense through his side. Chiellini was always dragged to his side to compensate. He makes Molinaro look very decent.

Krasic : 6
- Showed glimpses of control and dribble, but didn't do enough, needs to take on defenders. First game, and still new, so much hope. Looked like a better player than Pepe and Martinez.

Melo :6
- played a good solid game, had heart. Obviously we can't blame him for lack of penetration. Didn't boss the midfield. Almiron was able to play passes too comfortably

Marchisio : 5.5
- decent game also, lacked delivery, but I don't know whether that was his role. But didn't look like bossing the midfield. Almiron was able to play passes too comfortably

Pepe: 5
- couldn't do much of anything. perhaps he's better on the right, but even when he switched flanks, he couldn't do much

Del Piero : 5.5
- Lacks the pace, but remains dangerous with the ball.

Quagliarella: 5.5
- made some good link up plays early on. But clearly isn't a builder of play. alot of running, thats about it.

Martinez: 5.5
- got on the ball released a few decent shots, before becoming injured, more effective than Pepe and Krasic before the injury. but soon disappeared.

Lanzafame : 6
- looked like our most dangerous player when he came on, courage to take on defenders, but too naive at times. had heart though

Sissoko: 5
- Brought on to boss the midfield, but didn't, he couldn't get himself in the rhythm of the match.

Del Neri: 4
- I don't know whether to blame him or the fact that we have a completely new side. But even if that were the case, he should have made better tactical decisions to compensate that fact.
Whats clear is that not having Giovinco and Diego, Juve had no knife to open up defenses.
Our guys looked like they didn't know what system to play other than pressing and quick balls towards the wings.
But tactically, he still looks pale in comparison to Ranieri using 4-4-2.

sidd

Sep 1, 2005
A little bit of objectivity over here.
Firstly as a team we looked incredibly tired out there yesterday, blame it on the 4 games in a week but guys like de ceglie, motta, pepe have been playing a lot in this past week.
I also think the management totally erred in the timings of the transfers leaving us horribly exposed. If Diego/Trez were to be sold eventually, what was the point of holding on to them till this late b4 the season starts??
First game of the season we need the team to be gelling in some way, which was completely lost by these last minute transfers.....In a way its a blessing in disguise our next game is a couple weeks apart....seeing that whoever may come in in the next 2 days and the later arrivals like Krasic, Quag, aqui e.t.c. will have time to play together as a unit.
All`s not lost, its better to have a wake up call now rather than get a few easy victories and get ahead of ourselves, that said who we bring in now is mighty crucial and for our sake lets hope its a positive one to lift the morale around here a bit!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)