Sergej Milinkovic-Savic - M C - Lazio (59 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
He's a perfect midfielder for Max because with his lack of ideas for a gameplay he could just order the goalie and CBs to play a long ball towards SMS and have him to worry about controlling the ball and doing something with it afterwards.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
What do you have against SMS? He just finished a season of 13 goals 8 assists, as a CM. And unlike crazy sums rumoured in past, he is going for a very doable 25-35m sum.
I don't think he's the type of player we need. Yet another lethargic, fair-weather player in my eyes.
Every time I see him play (which isn't that often, admittedly), I ask myself the same question: What's all the fuss about?
Lazio seems to be about his level, I guess.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I don't think he's the type of player we need. Yet another lethargic, fair-weather player in my eyes.
Every time I see him play (which isn't that often, admittedly), I ask myself the same question: What's all the fuss about?
Lazio seems to be about his level, I guess.

I agree with the lethargic part, and doesnt strike me as a hungry player etc, but on pure playing ability, he is a top quality midfielder, and in this current dissolute Juve and its midfield. Trust me, he would be a massive upgrade, for that sum, its a no brainer. If we dont get him, who of similar quality or better would you suggest we go for?

I know Serie A has fallen off quality wise, but he is still quite assuredly the best midfielder in Serie A. His only real competition being Barellla, who he is better, because of the creative and attacking qualities he has over an all action type like Barella.

I honestly would hate it so much if Inter get him, them having the two best midielders in league same time would be too hard to compete against.

But mainly I want him to have a CM that can unlock Vlahovic, because most of the service Vlaho gets with allegri is crosses, while SMS is type of CM who allways tries to find the CF with through balls all game long (not that Vlaho moves into channels off ball as well as Immobile does):

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I agree with the lethargic part, and doesnt strike me as a hungry player etc, but on pure playing ability, he is a top quality midfielder, and in this current dissolute Juve and its midfield. Trust me, he would be a massive upgrade, for that sum, its a no brainer. If we dont get him, who of similar quality or better would you suggest we go for?

I know Serie A has fallen off quality wise, but he is still quite assuredly the best midfielder in Serie A. His only real competition being Barellla, who he is better, because of the creative and attacking qualities he has over an all action type like Barella.

I honestly would hate it so much if Inter get him, them having the two best midielders in league same time would be too hard to compete against.

But mainly I want him to have a CM that can unlock Vlahovic, because most of the service Vlaho gets with allegri is crosses, while SMS is type of CM who allways tries to find the CF with through balls all game long (not that Vlaho moves into channels off ball as well as Immobile does):

I agree with your post. What frightens me the most here is the recent track record of talented players joining Jj and changing from sugar to shit. Blame the lack of leadership, coach, etc. but we’ve seen nearly every signing (except Chiesa arguably) fall off. His lack of ambition or lethargy sets up a scenario we’ve seen here many times in the past 7 years.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I agree with your post. What frightens me the most here is the recent track record of talented players joining Jj and changing from sugar to shit. Blame the lack of leadership, coach, etc. but we’ve seen nearly every signing (except Chiesa arguably) fall off. His lack of ambition or lethargy sets up a scenario we’ve seen here many times in the past 7 years.
100%. Sort of player is ripe for disaster.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
so let's not even try buying talented players? concede that we're shit, keep mckennie and arthur, and mercato chiuso?

btw the phenomenon you described is real unfortunately, and it also coincided with marotta's farewell, ronaldo's arrival and the beginning of tici's reign. we started to overpay everyone, believed that we're better than the rest without doing the actual work, and we degraded the quality of our squad. a club without direction can only hope to get it right somehow. and we even had some well performing new signings like danilo, kostic, gatti, perin or bremer. i wouldn't give up completely on an otherwise good player before he signs just because jj's track record hasn't been terrific lately.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Fix the club hierarchy/team leadership that sets the example (ever since Marotta left, mercenary city, and ever since Buffon and now chiellini left, no dressing room leaders), the coach that have no tactics to speak of anymore, but you shouldnt say no to the best midfielder in the league for a doable bargain sum, because he isnt the alpha chad mentally that is the most ideal.

He is still consistent as fuck in Serie A, like has he even had a single down season for Lazio all this time? Why cant he do that for us, has been reliable quality player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)