Sergej Milinkovic-Savic - M C - Lazio (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Zakaria, McBurgers, Arthur, Pellegrini, Kean, Sandro, Bonucci - these are the only options for swap deals.

Maybe Miretti with a buyback option could be considered too.
I didn't even think of that - his stock and reputation are quite high globally. Maybe we can use him in something.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Juve usually carry 6 midfielders

so maybe something like this:
Pogba
SMS
Locatelli
Rabiot
Fagioli
Rovella
--
LCM: Rabiot, Fagioli
CDM: Locatelli, Rovella
RCM: SMS, Fagioli
CAM: Pogba, Fagioli

Would be the deepest they've been at the position in years.With Pogba's durability issues, they'll need everyone.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
He already makes 3.5 or thereabouts. He’ll most likely earn 5.5-6m net here. Pjanic and Khedira level pay.
Barella and Calhanoglu, top paid mids outside of Juve, are on 5m. I see 0 reasons to offer more to SMS, 5m already is probably more than Lazio will ever give him.

Khedira contract extension was a disaster, it shouldnt be our baseline

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Barella and Calhanoglu, top paid mids outside of Juve, are on 5m. I see 0 reasons to offer more to SMS, 5m already is probably more than Lazio will ever give him.

Because we pay the JJ premium.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014

Barella and Calla are younger and could still potentially leave for a PL club offering them a Tonali level of salary.
Milinkovic being 29 is on his last career contract. At least a big paycheck one.
And unless you're a Modric lvl of player no big clubs out there gonna buy a 30+ midfielder instead of investing money on a younger prospect.

If it wasn't for the lower price of 30-35m I'd say this might be another huge mistake a la Higuain. 94m for a soon to be 30yrs old striker.
In fact how did it end? 1year and half good. Loaned for another 1year and half.
closed the contract taking a 18m loss rather than keeping his wages.

But still gotta say that was manly our fault. We wanted to sell Dybala but we couldn't and we couldn't keep both Higuain and Dybala with Ronaldo massive wages.
Higuain own personal problem was him getting chubby which isn't a good thing for an athlete.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Looks like this guy is crucial for our mercato. If he comes in, our midfield would probably be the best in the league and he's best buddies with Vlahovic who would probably remain (at least for one more year) then... Add Parisi and Holm and we're in a totally different shape.

Barella and Calla are younger and could still potentially leave for a PL club offering them a Tonali level of salary.
Milinkovic being 29 is on his last career contract. At least a big paycheck one.
And unless you're a Modric lvl of player no big clubs out there gonna buy a 30+ midfielder instead of investing money on a younger prospect.

If it wasn't for the lower price of 30-35m I'd say this might be another huge mistake a la Higuain. 94m for a soon to be 30yrs old striker.
In fact how did it end? 1year and half good. Loaned for another 1year and half.
closed the contract taking a 18m loss rather than keeping his wages.

But still gotta say that was manly our fault. We wanted to sell Dybala but we couldn't and we couldn't keep both Higuain and Dybala with Ronaldo massive wages.
Higuain own personal problem was him getting chubby which isn't a good thing for an athlete.
This made-up Higuain story again, lol. And he was 28. The problem was surrounding him with crap. Higgy was a massive player for us and brought us to the CL final. Better review that narrative here and there.

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
No. He didn't bring us to the CL Final by himself. He was very good for 1.5 seasons and then became a massive liability.

2016-2017 he was huge. 2017-2018 his production dropped, but he was still solid. 2018-2019, we loaned him. 2019-2020, please don't make me laugh (he was pathetic and embarrassing to watch at that point).

Was he ever worth the money we paid for him? Absolutely NOT!

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
This made-up Higuain story again, lol. And he was 28. The problem was surrounding him with crap. Higgy was a massive player for us and brought us to the CL final. Better review that narrative here and there.
These days football fans are more into financial analysis of their clubs than their performance on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)