Sergej Milinkovic-Savic - M C - Lazio (40 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Looks like this guy is crucial for our mercato. If he comes in, our midfield would probably be the best in the league and he's best buddies with Vlahovic who would probably remain (at least for one more year) then... Add Parisi and Holm and we're in a totally different shape.

This made-up Higuain story again, lol. And he was 28. The problem was surrounding him with crap. Higgy was a massive player for us and brought us to the CL final. Better review that narrative here and there.
Higuain was amazing for Napoli then he came here after eating 700 donuts but still did well. I wish Vlahovic would play at this level for us.
That being said he definitely didnt take us to CL final. In the European stage he was good but not amazing and there are so many others like Dybala Pjanic, B,B,C, D.Alves who did better than him in the European stage.

- - - Updated - - -

No. He didn't bring us to the CL Final by himself. He was very good for 1.5 seasons and then became a massive liability.

2016-2017 he was huge. 2017-2018 his production dropped, but he was still solid. 2018-2019, we loaned him. 2019-2020, please don't make me laugh (he was pathetic and embarrassing to watch at that point).

Was he ever worth the money we paid for him? Absolutely NOT!
He was never pathetic IMO he just didnt play as well as his first season. He still performed better than how Vlahovic is playing now.
Should we have that 2020 Higuain now he would probably start as his competition is Vlahovic who seems to flop for now, Kean - He is better than what people say but he still isnt what we need and Milik.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
This transfer would be acceptable if we get rid of the dab ho madarchod

Fagiot, SMS, Fagioli, Rovella, Locatelli is a pretty solid midfield for Serie A standards. It would've been amazing if we had a competent coach to get the best out of them.

Giuntoli has some work to do. We have a lot of deadwood in midfield that needs to be cleared first.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
No. He didn't bring us to the CL Final by himself. He was very good for 1.5 seasons and then became a massive liability.

2016-2017 he was huge. 2017-2018 his production dropped, but he was still solid. 2018-2019, we loaned him. 2019-2020, please don't make me laugh (he was pathetic and embarrassing to watch at that point).

Was he ever worth the money we paid for him? Absolutely NOT!
Didn't say he did it by himself. Not even Ronnie did that at Real. Was he too expensive, yeah in hindsight. But a lot of players are. If he hadn't been surrounded by deadwood, he would've easily brought us much more joy, which was the real problem imo.

Last edited:

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Can somebody explain to me why this guy is so highly rated on this forum but doesn't seem linked to any other clubs of our size (or perhaps rather the size we want to build back to)? Genuine question, I don't watch Lazio so don't know anything about him besides him being mentioned here.

Just how good is he? And why is no other team with more money than us not sniffing around him?

I'm all up for signing more Serbs, and a boss CM would be a huge boost. Is this that guy?

Last edited:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Can somebody explain to me why this guy is so highly rated on this forum but doesn't seem linked to any other clubs of our size (or perhaps rather the size we want to build back to)? Genuine question, I don't watch Lazio so don't know anything about him besides him being mentioned here.

Just how good is he? And why is no other team with more money than us not sniffing around him?

I'm all up for signing more Serbs, and a boss MF would be a huge boost. Is this that guy?
maybe he just wants Juve. He supposedly has a big offer from Saudi Arabia which he doesn't seem too interested in.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
maybe he just wants Juve. He supposedly has a big offer from Saudi Arabia which he doesn't seem too interested in.
Jota from Celtic went to Saudi Arabia, a finished Ronaldo went to Saudi. An injury-riddled Kanté went to Saudi. These aren't top guys. The top guys are getting interest from the biggest teams in Europe. We seem to be by far the biggest team interest in Milinkovic-Savic, which makes me doubt how good he is, without knowing from having watched him.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Jota from Celtic went to Saudi Arabia, a finished Ronaldo went to Saudi. An injury-riddled Kanté went to Saudi. These aren't top guys. The top guys are getting interest from the biggest teams in Europe. We seem to be by far the biggest team interest in Milinkovic-Savic, which makes me doubt how good he is, without knowing from having watched him.
Ruben Neves went to Saudi Arabia and hes younger than SMS

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
He's always underwhelmed me in big games, even though he's clearly good

He stayed at Lazio for too long so he has never had a run of games on the big stage to attract a bunch of top clubs. His price tag was huge but his highlight reel was losing to Juve every year & getting dumped out of the EL early.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

I'm all up for signing more Serbs, and a boss CM would be a huge boost. Is this that guy?
He's hard to fit in a formation because he's a lethargic player.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
That's a perfect counter example to what I was saying, but to my main point- how good really is Sergei, and if he's world class why is nobody in Europe after him besides maybe us?

Asking because I genuinely dunno.
hes on an expiring contract, so he holds most, if not all the leverage. If he's set on Juve, why would another club invest in him knowing he could just leave next summer for nothing? It's kinda like Vlahovic. There are more teams in on him now after his meh season than there were when he was at Fiorentina balling out, but on an expiring contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)