Sebastian Giovinco (24 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
"He's not that sort of player" :D

I love that line.
It's not one I'm a fan of because people trot it out relentlessly - whether it's Del Piero or Ryan Shawcross who has put in the bad tackle.

However, you do get situations where a player's track record means he is worthy of the benefit of any doubt there may be.

I love Walter Samuel, for instance, but if he'd put in that challenge on Giovinco, I'd have assumed it was an absolutely intentional attempt to seriously injure him.

When you add in the reactions of Cambiasso, Conte and the Juve players, I'm inclined to believe most of them do not think Cambiasso was seeking to seriously injure Giovinco.

That's not to downplay how bad a tackle or it was or to suggest Cambiasso does deserve to be banned for a few games.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
It's not one I'm a fan of because people trot it out relentlessly - whether it's Del Piero or Ryan Shawcross who has put in the bad tackle.

However, you do get situations where a player's track record means he is worthy of the benefit of any doubt there may be.

I love Walter Samuel, for instance, but if he'd put in that challenge on Giovinco, I'd have assumed it was an absolutely intentional attempt to seriously injure him.
Cambiasso was frustrated and took it out on Giovinco with a tackle that could have ended his career. FULL STOP.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
:sergio: Seriously Red, you should know when to put your objectivity aside.
Don't see where objectivity comes into this.

Or are you saying that you wouldn't think it was a malicious tackle by Cambiasso if he'd done it to a Milan player rather than a Juve one?

- - - Updated - - -

Cambiasso was frustrated and took it out on Giovinco with a tackle that could have ended his career. FULL STOP.
I respectfully disagree.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Depends what is meant by intent. Cambiasso has a great record but no one is a saint, looked to me that he got frustrated and made a rash challenge. That shows intent in itself, so deserves criticism.

john1987

Mar 15, 2013
Cambiaso was angry and frustrated before he was subbed in, I saw him shouting at someone. So I don't justify his actions whether he has good record or not. He did that on purpose game was over, there was no chance of him getting the ball from giovinco and score from there.

I am John

The Anallist
May 1, 2012
Cambiaso was angry and frustrated before he was subbed in, I saw him shouting at someone. So I don't justify his actions whether he has good record or not. He did that on purpose game was over, there was no chance of him getting from giovinco and score from there.
This. Cant believe anyone who watch football can ever say 'the benefit of the doubt' thing about that clearly intentional foul.
And btw, hi John.

Aug 1, 2003
he may not be known as a dirty player like say materazzi, but there's no way that tackle was unintentional. he was clearly frustrated, lost his cool and took it out on giovinco. jesus it was already the last SECOND of the game there was no need to even make the tackle to begin with everyone watching that game knew the referee was going to blow the whistle (as a matter of fact he blew the whistle before giving the red)

speedy recovery giovinco. good record or not, that malicious tackle never should've happened.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Anyone that says that because he has never received a red card before he is a good guy is delusional.

Like sally says... he did that tackle to vent all the frustration he had. Maybe after it he realized the stupidity of his action... but he definitely wanted to destroy giovinco in that very moment

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Cambiasso will get what he deserves, which should be 3 match ban.
Imagine Chiellini had done it at the start of the season on Cavani or SES, do you think anyone would be asking for a 3 game ban? Imagine he'd have injured them for the rest of the season, do you think Mazzarri or Galliani would ask for 3 games?

Cambiasso tried to hurt a player and with a bit more luck would've put him on the sidelines for a good few months (or ended Seba's carreer if we want to be dramatic), that's way more serious than diving or racism or disrespectful behaviour. The season's about to end in 8 weeks, the bald cunt should wait for the next one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)