Sebastian Giovinco (10 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

I am John

The Anallist
May 1, 2012
Things can look very bad when you have a very slow player like Cambiasso going in on a very sharp player like Giovinco - but that doesn't mean the intent was there to really hurt the opponent.

Cambiasso also isn't a player, to my mind, who has a track record of putting in nasty tackles or trying to injure people.

Frankly, I was more bothered by Gargano's foul on Chiellini. I thought it had the look of having a real premeditated intention to try and give Chiellini a whack on his dodgy ankle(s).
You watch that fucking youtube video and say again that tackle wasnt meant to injure Giovinco.
Thats nasty, and your effort to defend cambiadog is just foolish.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Regardless of how bad a tackle it was, and imo it was an awful one (just watch how Gio's leg seems to buckle a bit before it slides back), it was at the final whistle. And Cambiasso knew it was the final whistle, and that there was no chance they could take the ball downfield and score. Why was it even necessary to go in for a sliding tackle when you know the game is already over. He obviously did it out of frustration with losing, and with malicious intent to send a message/injure a player. He should be banned for the rest of the season for that.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Definite intent by Cambiasso, that's 100 % certain.

His conscience kicks in and he regrets what he's done a millisecond afterwards, though, but that's no excuse.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Things can look very bad when you have a very slow player like Cambiasso going in on a very sharp player like Giovinco - but that doesn't mean the intent was there to really hurt the opponent.

Cambiasso also isn't a player, to my mind, who has a track record of putting in nasty tackles or trying to injure people.

Frankly, I was more bothered by Gargano's foul on Chiellini. I thought it had the look of having a real premeditated intention to try and give Chiellini a whack on his dodgy ankle(s).

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Cambiasso should be banned for the rest of the season, such actions shouldn't be tolerated in football. He's lucky this is professional footie, most amateurs would beat his face right after the game.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

"He's not that sort of player" :D

I love that line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)