Season of Transition...Exciting Times. (4 Viewers)

OP
Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #83
    I would agree that our BEST starting XI is at least equal to, or better than that of Inter. Not judging purely on either muscle or flair, but on all elements. They are more mechanical, we have more players in our formation who want to play, not just score simple goals through grinding the opposition down like a panzer tank. Whereas Inter are the opposite, especially after selling Ibra. Whose flamboyant technique often helped them to win games in which the opposition had blockaded their Steam Roller attempts...

I love Trezeguet. But there is no way I would rather have him than Eto. The african is much faster, probably stronger, and has shown at Barca, that if he plays with an ultra creative team, he will score more goals than games played, by the end of the season, or something close to it. I am loyal to Trezeguet, but not to the point of stupidity.

Manager wise. Mourinho is obviously superior. Due to his experience and success. He is not yet in the same league as Lippi, or Hiddink, or Ferguson...and perhaps he never will be, due to mainly his too regularly appalling arrogance, but also his lack of making teams play attractive football...but he is much more dangerous than Ciro. Presently. Unlike with Eto/Trez I would not be happier to have Mourinho as our manager, in place of Ciro, because he has no class.

Dec 26, 2004
    Buffon
    Zebina Cannavaro Chiellini Grosso
    Camo Melo Sissoko
    Diego
    Del Piero Trezeguet

Cesar
    Maicon Samuel Lucio Chivu
    Zanetti Cambiasso Stankovic
    Sneijder
    Eto'o Milito
    Buffon >>> Cesar
    Zebina <<<<<<<< Maicon
    Grosso <<<<< Chivu
    Cannavaro < Samuel (I can't believe few can't obviously see that)
    Chiellini >>>> Lucio
    Camo = Zanetti
    Melo << Cambiasso
    Sissoko > Stankovic (eventhough not comparable players)
    Diego = Sneijder (I know Diego is more talented but that doesn't justify the '>' yet)
    Del Piero > Whoever
    Trezeuet <<< Eto'o/Milito

Inter 5, Juventus 4.

Manninger
    Grygera Caceres Legro Molinaro
    Marchisio Poulsen Tiago
    Giovinco
    Iaquinta Amauri

Toldo
    Santon Cordoba Matrix Santon
    Viera Motta Muntari
    Mancini
    Balotelli Suazo​

Manninger >>> Toldo
    Grygera <<<<<< Santon
    Legro = Matrix
    Caceres <<< Cordoba
    Molinaro <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Santon (Had to use Santon twice, he cover both flanks for them)
    Tiago <<<< Motta
    Marchisio >>>>>> Viera
    Poulsen < Muntari
    Giovinco >>> Mancini
    Amauri < Balotelli
    Iaquinta >>> Suazo

Inter 6, Juventus 4.

FACT: Inter squad edge us at the moment but not by much.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    I disagree with the Samuel and Balotelli evaluations. Balotelli better than Amauri? You must be insane; the kid has potential, but he has to justify it, and perform consistently before we can even begin to talk about him and Amauri in the same sentence.

Cannavaro and Samuel are equal, and I would argue that Camo has a slight edge over Zanetti, and that Poulsen is in no way inferior to Muntari. Other than that, your comparative analysis is quite accurate.

Dec 26, 2004
    One more thing to say...

I was never a fan of comparing individuals... let's try comparing lines as unites.

Defense: We have Buffon they have Cesar, they have four walls in the names of Maicon, Samuel, Lucio and Chivu while we have the best defender in the world Chiellini and an old but still capable Cannavaro our FB sucks.

Verdict: Juventus < Inter.

Midfield: Creativity wise we edge them with the likes of Camo, Diego and Giovinco... muscles wise it is a close call as we have Sissoko, Melo, Poulsen and Marchisio while they have Cambiasso, Muntari, Motta and Viera... both midfields are very solid and hard to break... close call this time... one may say we have better player but no one can deny they function very well as a unit.

Verdict: Juventus > Inter ('=' is a close call though).

Attack: We have a group of four capable strikers eventhough with Del Piero missing we can't mix any two of them... they have a devastating partnership in Militto and Eto'o and Balotelli who can cover for both.

Verdict: Juventus < Inter ('=' is a close call as well).

Coach: Move to verdicts.

FACT: check the fact in my previous post.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    I agree with that statement too. If Balotelli has been inconsistent, and has a long way to go before proving himself, Santon has an even longer road to take, and a very unpredictable path to follow.

Dec 26, 2004
    I disagree with the Samuel and Balotelli evaluations. Balotelli better than Amauri? You must be insane; the kid has potential, but he has to justify it, and perform consistently before we can even begin to talk about him and Amauri in the same sentence.

Cannavaro and Samuel are equal, and I would argue that Camo has a slight edge over Zanetti, and that Poulsen is in no way inferior to Muntari. Other than that, your comparative analysis is quite accurate.
    You can make a case for Balotelli-Amauri... but even if you can it won't last for long ;)

Samuel slightly edge Cannavaro IMO... one has to be so biased to say that in a mix team between Juventus and Inter the starter would be Chiellini and Cannavaro and we will drop Samuel, Cordoba, Matrix, Lucio and Chivu.

Camo is class... more creative and influential but Zanetti is Mr. INeverPlayABadGame... it is debatable... but '=' IMO is more objective.

I don't rate Muntari at all, if Poulsen keep performing the way he is of late he can surely edge him IMO.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter who has the stronger squad, but who possesses the greater hunger, desire, and ability to perform consistently over the course of a long and gruelling season.

Prior to Farsopoli, Inter arguably always had the better squad, but we ended up winning anyway(on the field of play) ;)

Dec 26, 2004
    I agree with that statement too. If Balotelli has been inconsistent, and has a long way to go before proving himself, Santon has an even longer road to take, and a very unpredictable path to follow.
    In Grygera's case you don't have to predict a path... it is already clear one and it sucks balls... at least Santon can has a chance to become a quality FB.

I'd start Santon ahead of Grygera anyday BTW.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter who has the stronger squad, but who possesses the greater hunger, desire, and ability to perform consistently over the course of a long and gruelling season.

Prior to Farsopoli, Inter arguably always had the better squad, but we ended up winning anyway(on the field of play) ;)
    exactly

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    That's not all. The team that wins always "seems" to be the better one. In other words had they won back then they would have seemed better than they seemed and we would have seemed worse.

Thus, how do we get our "inferior" squad to improve? We win, and then everyone will think we look better than we currently do.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    That's not all. The team that wins always "seems" to be the better one. In other words had they won back then they would have seemed better than they seemed and we would have seemed worse.

Thus, how do we get our "inferior" squad to improve? We win, and then everyone will think we look better than we currently do.
    you know you're right, Mart.

OP
    Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #99

I could not agree more. Whilst we talk of talents, potential, we must also include spirit and heart and also mind. DRIVE to succeed, mixed with BELIEF in success, are prime ingredients for any serious assault on the league, or Europe. The champions league especially, when it comes to the knockout phases, demands iron will and ravenous hunger, to proceed through to the latter stages...

Talent wise, we are advantaged over every team in the league other than Inter. Injuries, Belief and Heart...then luck, are the prime factors in separating the winner from the loser of this two horse race. I mention injuries first and foremost because of our weaker squad, and also terrible recent run of a year or three, of horribly frequent medical problems with our best players. I hope that the second half of the season will be injury free to our team, and the opposite to inter. Just to even things out a little...Because they could really make the difference.
    Other than those factors...Its down to Ciro. To encourage heart, spirit, belief, and put the players into a system which delivers our most powerful punch, over and over again, pounding opponents into bloody fragments of human body parts, kinda like speedball2 on the aimiga...

dimitar

Nov 11, 2009
    One more thing to say...

I was never a fan of comparing individuals... let's try comparing lines as unites.

Defense: We have Buffon they have Cesar, they have four walls in the names of Maicon, Samuel, Lucio and Chivu while we have the best defender in the world Chiellini and an old but still capable Cannavaro our FB sucks.

Midfield: Creativity wise we edge them with the likes of Camo, Diego and Giovinco... muscles wise it is a close call as we have Sissoko, Melo, Poulsen and Marchisio while they have Cambiasso, Muntari, Motta and Viera... both midfields are very solid and hard to break... close call this time... one may say we have better player but no one can deny they function very well as a unit.

Verdict: Juventus > Inter ('=' is a close call though).

Attack: We have a group of four capable strikers eventhough with Del Piero missing we can't mix any two of them... they have a devastating partnership in Militto and Eto'o and Balotelli who can cover for both.

Verdict: Juventus < Inter ('=' is a close call as well).

Coach: Move to verdicts.

FACT: check the fact in my previous post.
    I completely disagree! Our attack is much more stronger,
    We have better headers (Amauri, trezeguet Iaquinta) > (Milito, Eto, balotelli), better finishers(Trezeguet, Amauri Iaquinta, Delpiero) > (milito, eto, Balotelli), more muscle (Iaquinta, Amauri) > (milito Baloteli, eto), technique (Delpiero, Giovinco, Amauri) > (Milito, eto, balotelli)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)