Season of Transition...Exciting Times. (1 Viewer)

dimitar

Nov 11, 2009
i'd rather watch ugly football and win 1-0 everygame and in the end win a title, than having beautiful football like arsenal and in the end win nothing. Please buy some decent defenders in january!

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
i'd rather watch ugly football and win 1-0 everygame and in the end win a title, than having beautiful football like arsenal and in the end win nothing. Please buy some decent defenders in january!
Then forget defenders and re-sign Capello already!

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
For what its worth, ever since Moratti took over Inter they have had a very strong squad. Arguably the strongest in Serie A (players names and talents) but they never won.
We have always had the personality and Del Piero/Buffon to win games. We still have Del Piero/Buffon but we need to regain back our full personality that we lost in 2006.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
For what its worth, ever since Moratti took over Inter they have had a very strong squad. Arguably the strongest in Serie A (players names and talents) but they never won.
We have always had the personality and Del Piero/Buffon to win games. We still have Del Piero/Buffon but we need to regain back our full personality that we lost in 2006.
It's called oil money. I am sure ManCity will see it soon enough.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
that is really funny logic man,
as a striker his job is to score goals, even if the whole team couldn't defend their lead and win a game atleast he did his part of which he score THE goals which are required from him. in the Napoli game it wasn' his mistake that we went missing for the last 25min as a team, but as a player he did his job.

by the end of the season nobody cares how important the goals were when he scores +20 or even +15 becuase lets face it he is our only striker who could get that apart from DP.
So, basically you just said that no one cares if Trez fails to unlock defenses when we are doing badly (i'm not saying he has not done this thus far), as long as he can make our 2 or 3 goal advantage bigger in the end of an successful game. Well, actually i do care about that and there might be some others, and i couldn't care less if we beat the likes of Atalanta 3:1 or 5:1 as long as we have enough ball's to score in the end when it's 0:0, 1:1 or 0:1. Pony show won't bring you trophies. David has been good this season and scored some goals that matters with less playing time given than others, but he is no king anymore, unlike Camoranesi for example, who has proved that he still can win us games with his magic. Scoring late goal when the enemy has given up or desperately goes in attack and leaves a lot of space behind is way more easier, don't you agree? It'd be nice if Trez ends the season as top scorer in serie a, but i'd trade it against one point in the table without hesitation.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So, basically you just said that no one cares if Trez fails to unlock defenses when we are doing badly (i'm not saying he has not done this thus far), as long as he can make our 2 or 3 goal advantage bigger in the end of an successful game. Well, actually i do care about that and there might be some others, and i couldn't care less if we beat the likes of Atalanta 3:1 or 5:1 as long as we have enough ball's to score in the end when it's 0:0, 1:1 or 0:1. Pony show won't bring you trophies. David has been good this season and scored some goals that matters with less playing time given than others, but he is no king anymore, unlike Camoranesi for example, who has proved that he still can win us games with his magic. Scoring late goal when the enemy has given up or desperately goes in attack and leaves a lot of space behind is way more easier, don't you agree? It'd be nice if Trez ends the season as top scorer in serie a, but i'd trade it against one point in the table without hesitation.
He has unlocked defenses 167 times. How many more times should he do it for people to give him the credit he deserves?

I am tired of beating a dead horse here. Pitbull, you win.:rolleyes2

So much I want to say with your argument in that post, but I'm done with it.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Why does it have to be one or the other, can't we perform well and still win games ? We did that with lippi.

Personaly i've hated Capello's days and even missed many juve's games in that period. If we want to go far in Europe we need to perform well ....

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
He has unlocked defenses 167 times. How many more times should he do it for people to give him the credit he deserves?

I am tired of beating a dead horse here. Pitbull, you win.:rolleyes2

So much I want to say with your argument in that post, but I'm done with it.
lol, he has been a great player and is true legend for us and i've said it many times, but right now he isn't a leader of the team anymore (even if the stats of this season says so), he is just a solid team player and he doesn't deserve the praise he is having, you are overrating him here, he is not the greatest striker in Europe nor Italy and isn't among the best anymore unlike Eto'O, and i fear that he will never regain his true form. and i'll say it once more - i appreciate all the goals Trez has scored, but on the pitch it doesn't matter if he scores his second or 168th goal for us.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
everyone does not have to be a leader on the pitch, what is most important is the performance...and there is STILL nobody better than King David in front of the goal at Juventus.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
well your last post had nothing to do with Eto'o...Samuel is the better all-round player, Trez is the better finisher and has better goalscoring instincts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)