Season of Transition...Exciting Times. (2 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Maybe the formation is same, but Inter changed a lot of players this summer in that formation. Yet the team is clicking fine.

I agree we are playing better football when we have the key players available. But Inter is, lets say, more clinical. They might not always play the sexiest football, but they get the job done in 99%.

Then again, i dont watch Inter play :D. Its just :inter:
You are absolutely right about clinical. Then again, we have yet to see a full form DP with Diego and Trez and an on form Amauri. Now we need IQ back and our midfield to stay injury free along with our back line and we will see who is more clinical then.

They should have Maicon, Motta, Viera, Stank, Balotelli and Eto all out with injury as that would be the equivalent of our Zebina, Melo, Sissoko, Diego, DP, and Trez/IQ whom have all been out injured whether at different times or at once. If Inter miss those key players how well do you realistically think they would do? Even against a Roma that had a fit De Rossi and Totti?

Buy on AliExpress.com

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
It's easy for you to forget form/injuries. Not to mention the 2 PKs eto has scored whereas Trez hasn't had 1.

Trez over Etoo any day of the week. When trez recovers his form, he is the one that will be in the right place at the right time when we need him.

Not to mention the times that Trez comes into some games as a sub where Eto has generally started.
This is the point i'm starting to get confused. What exactly are you comparing? :shocked: At the start i thought you're comparing player against player overall and that's why i laughed at it, because you got to be senile to think that Trez might actually still be a better player than Eto'O, arguably the best striker in Europe for past 3-4 years, but than you started to compare how good they have been this current season. And the sentence i've underlined made my confusion even bigger, because i just proved to you that Trez still haven't scored match-winning goal for us.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This is the point i'm starting to get confused. What exactly are you comparing? :shocked: At the start i thought you're comparing player against player overall and that's why i laughed at it, because you got to be senile to think that Trez might actually still be a better player than Eto'O, arguably the best striker in Europe for past 3-4 years, but than you started to compare how good they have been this current season. And the sentence i've underlined made my confusion even bigger, because i just proved to you that Trez still haven't scored match-winning goal for us.
Look:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=12719&cc=5901
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=11718&cc=5901

I am going by goals, that is how I am comparing them. The last post reply I made I added a bunch of edits, you might want to reread what I added.

Trez has started less, and came on as a sub late in games whereas Eto'o has started 10 games vs Trez's 6.

Now in 6 games started (and 4 late subs) Trez has the same amount of goals WITHOUT PKS than Eto'o has with 10 stars and 1 sub!!!

Those stats, I am sorry pitbull speak volumes to who is doing their job better. You can't compare a team like barcelona that eto'o was on versus our financially crippled Juve post calciopoli and regrowing team that we have right now. Nor can you really effectively show that Eto'o is still stronger on a non injury prone inter that play seemingly full strength often versus our team that has changed formation and starting 11 so often...yet, in less amount of time (this year) trez has done his job more effectively. Stats show it. I am not sure how you can compare that Eto'o does his job better than Trez. You want to compare individual talents like dribbling etc, then you can say eto'o is better but when it comes to scoring goals Trez is the man that walks away IMO with the 1st place trophy.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
@ Pitbull: here is another fun stat for you.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/david-trezeguet.html
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/samuel-etoo.html

Trez has play 10 Serie A games versus Eto's 11 Serie A games

Trez has played 3 CL games versus Eto's 4 CL games.

Eto'o has played a full 2 games more than Trez and still has the same amount of goals...again, it is hard to count the 2 PKs but for shits and giggles and your arguments sake I will count them...I guess I kinda have too.

I am looking for a full amount of minutes played.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Juventus 5:2 Atalanta - Trez scores 5th in the very end.
Juventus 2:3 Napoli - good goal, but we couldn't escape the defeat.
Juventus 5:1 Sampdoria - again, Trez scores 5th goal that hardly matters
Juventus 1:1 Bologna - woohoo, Trez goal actually brought us a point
Juventus 2:2 Genoa - and once again Trezegol brings us a point
Juventus 2:0 Lazio - Trez goal in 94th minute that hardly matters.

actually it's the points that matters for Juventus, goals matter for Trez individually, so till this point Trez has brought us 2 points. so if you want to look at it statistically, Trez has got nothing on Eto'O or even Iaquinta and Amauri.
Ah yes, the much talked about useless goals. About time someone brought this up again.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Alright Pitbull: here is the nail in your coffin

David Trezeguet this year has played 590 minutes of football in all competitions.

Samuel Eto'o this year has played 925 minutes of football in all competitions.

Do the math: 925-590 = 335 minutes of difference that Eto'o has had to score more goals than Trez.

335/90=3.72 theoretical games more than Eto'o would have been able to play over Trez. This is to Eto'o's massive amount of starts and late subs out of the game. versus Trez's few starts and few late subs into the games.

I really don't see how you can think that THIS YEAR Eto'o is more effective than Trez. When it comes to pure efficiency and as STEPHAN says clinical...Trez, like I have said the last 2 pages is the one that is better. Show me otherwise, please. So until then, Trez is the better man at the job so far this year. Which is why I said in the post you laughed at Trez= or > Eto'o (depending on form).

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Look:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=12719&cc=5901
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=11718&cc=5901

I am going by goals, that is how I am comparing them. The last post reply I made I added a bunch of edits, you might want to reread what I added.

Trez has started less, and came on as a sub late in games whereas Eto'o has started 10 games vs Trez's 6.

Now in 6 games started (and 4 late subs) Trez has the same amount of goals WITHOUT PKS than Eto'o has with 10 stars and 1 sub!!!

Those stats, I am sorry pitbull speak volumes to who is doing their job better. You can't compare a team like barcelona that eto'o was on versus our financially crippled Juve post calciopoli and regrowing team that we have right now. Nor can you really effectively show that Eto'o is still stronger on a non injury prone inter that play seemingly full strength often versus our team that has changed formation and starting 11 so often...yet, in less amount of time (this year) trez has done his job more effectively. Stats show it. I am not sure how you can compare that Eto'o does his job better than Trez. You want to compare individual talents like dribbling etc, then you can say eto'o is better but when it comes to scoring goals Trez is the man that walks away IMO with the 1st place trophy.
So you compared the players individually but using only the stats of this season and it came out that Juve actually is stronger than Inter although we are behind by 5 points? Wow.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I wish Trez managed to score more in critical situations. But he has been, save for rare periods of bad form and more common periods of injury, one of the best finishers in the game. Period.

He may not be stylistically elegant, and he may not move the ball around much beyond his few touches in a match. But when you can complement him with a forward who can hold up the ball well -- a Del Piero or even an Amauri -- I think I'd take him over Eto'o if given the choice.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So you compared the players individually but using only the stats of this season and it came out that Juve actually is stronger than Inter although we are behind by 5 points? Wow.
Dude, are you not fully reading the stats. Go back to what Rab said about injuries and how I filtered off that about how it affects our team chemistry. Ugh, there is a lot that goes into my argument. So by your argument the titles that were handed to Inter because of Cacliopoli they were better than us because they have the titles now?

Try thinking outside the box for a change. You take injuries into account, teams we have played given those teams current forms/injury status, etc versus Inters teams they played and all those examples I just mentioned INCLUDING refereeing errors/leniency and yes, only 5 points is not that bad. We changed to a brand new formation with a lot of new players in a lot of new positions with a brand new young coach...I would say the few hiccups along the way and 5 points back is not all that bad. Wow

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Ah yes, the much talked about useless goals. About time someone brought this up again.
Well at least it makes a bit more sense that strikers can be rated only by goals scored. Sure, it's useful and good, but if by some point of the season our dear Trez has more goals than Ibrahimovič, Eto'O or whoever, that doesn't mean he is the better striker just like that.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I wish Trez managed to score more in critical situations. But he has been, save for rare periods of bad form and more common periods of injury, one of the best finishers in the game. Period.

He may not be stylistically elegant, and he may not move the ball around much beyond his few touches in a match. But when you can complement him with a forward who can hold up the ball well -- a Del Piero or even an Amauri -- I think I'd take him over Eto'o if given the choice.
Thank you Swag. Agree 100%

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Well at least it makes a bit more sense that strikers can be rated only by goals scored. Few years ago Podolski scored 4 or 5 goals for Germany against Sanmarino and came out to be top-scorer for germans in that qualification (I might be wrong, but i'm too lazy to check), purely because of that one game where he scored tons of useless goals. If Trez was in his place with France, would everyone claim that Trez made France qualify for Euro2008, even if he would be bad in the other games?
You are going off on a tangent that has no way out. :sergio:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Well at least it makes a bit more sense that strikers can be rated only by goals scored. Few years ago Podolski scored 4 or 5 goals for Germany against Sanmarino and came out to be top-scorer for germans in that qualification (I might be wrong, but i'm too lazy to check), purely because of that one game where he scored tons of useless goals. If Trez was in his place with France, would everyone claim that Trez made France qualify for Euro2008, even if he would be bad in the other games?
Oh boy.

Trez has been scoring tons of goals for us for about a decade. This has nothing to do with scoring a lot of goals in 1 game, not even 1 season.

Frankly, I'm sick & tired of the "useless goals" crap. We scored 3 useless goals against Sampdoria, 2 useless ones against Napoli, 2 useless ones against Atalanta,...
Feel free to decide which ones were useless in these games and which ones weren't.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
1)So by your argument the titles that were handed to Inter because of Cacliopoli they were better than us because they have the titles now?
2) Try thinking outside the box for a change. You take injuries into account, teams we have played given those teams current forms/injury status, etc versus Inters teams they played and all those examples I just mentioned INCLUDING refereeing errors/leniency and yes, only 5 points is not that bad. We changed to a brand new formation with a lot of new players in a lot of new positions with a brand new young coach...I would say the few hiccups along the way and 5 points back is not all that bad. Wow
1) You are the one that brought in statistics.
2) Well if you compare player against player and use the stats of this season, this automatically leaves the injured guys out, so we still should be better if most of the players are better, but right now we are not. And don't fool yourself, it's not 2007./08. start, this season Inter are in front because they are better not because of referees, just ask anyone who watches Serie A.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I am going to work. If anyone wants to challenge my thoughts on this matter be my guess I won't be able to reply for a while though.

@Weed: I am sorry to go off on a tangent in your thread, I apologize but I am so tired of people underrating Trez that I needed to say this. It needed to be done.

Hopefully everyone that thinks we have a washed up trez and are envious of what Inter have up top need to really look at these stats and think twice about what they think of our legend. Elvin, I know you are out there...hopefully you read these last 2 pages.

Thank you David Trezeguet for staying, thank you for scoring as many goals as you have and thank you for always kissing the badge of Juventus for this long.

Forza Trez!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Oh boy.

Trez has been scoring tons of goals for us for about a decade. This has nothing to do with scoring a lot of goals in 1 game, not even 1 season.

Frankly, I'm sick & tired of the "useless goals" crap. We scored 3 useless goals against Sampdoria, 2 useless ones against Napoli, 2 useless ones against Atalanta,...
Feel free to decide which ones were useless in these games and which ones weren't.
Well his theory is we should win by 1 goal every time because then that 1 goal is more important than the other 4 our team might ingeniously engineer past the same team. :claire:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Oh boy.

Trez has been loyal to us and scored many goals and showed that he's a true legend. We totally agree here. But right know he is not between the top strikers in Europe, unlike Eto'O, unlike Ibrahimovič and unlike Torres, he can't offer the same these guys can, that's what I'm saying. He still is useful, but you can't say we got a bigger chance to win the scudetto because Inter has got the crappy Eto'O and we have almighty Trez who will regain his "true form" no one knows when.
I brought in the useless goals because someone brought in 6 goals David has scored this season, that tends to lie. Apart from Trez and the guys who assisted, no one got helped by those 3 goals he scored in last minutes when we already had won the game. It's like kicking a dead guy after someone beat him and then going around and telling everybody how brave you are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)