Russia - Ukraine Conflict 2022 (21 Viewers)

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
dont forget the Turks, and the Romans, and blah blah blah.
Never :D

I was just refering to the part where he said Brits started the "lets exploit/colonize/suck dry then leave" club.

Turks and Romans were more in the "lets erase who you are and whose left can join us" club. Kinda like Russia in this case

- - - Updated - - -

At thier peak Britain still has/had at least 3 times more territory and is more recent. No other country has their flags colours on other countries flags as much.
They dont get the credit for inventing it is all I was saying

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Never :D

I was just refering to the part where he said Brits started the "lets exploit/colonize/suck dry then leave" club.

Turks and Romans were more in the "lets erase who you are and whose left can join us" club. Kinda like Russia in this case

- - - Updated - - -

They dont get the credit for inventing it is all I was saying
whatever the fuck it was, Russia is the only one trying to do it now. The retards are stuck in the 19th century.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yes there is, UK or should I say England. The original pimps who invented the game. Make no mistake. Still doing it on the down low. Happy 1200 anniversary to that...
"Invented" lol. 1200 years ago "England" (which didn't exist) was a collection of kingdoms of Saxons and Danes. Who of course all originated from those isles, or were invited to come over.

May 26, 2016
I just firmly belive that people are better off with america being the top dog as opposed to russia/china or whoever else.
And I firmly believe this way of hedgemony/top dog structure needs to be abolished for good for us to progress as human beings and create a better world, be it USA, Russia or China.

This structure is wack in general and needs to be regulated somehow. No nation should be able to go around the world backing opposition leaders/militias for their own gain , paying off officials, steal resources without repercussions, create political unrest on purpose etc.

Idealistic/naive you might say, as this is human "nature" but the root of the problem is the acceptance of it and indifference towards it.

Last edited:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
And I firmly believe this way of hedgemony/top dog structure needs to be abolished for good for us to progress as human beings and create a better world, be it USA, Russia or China.

This structure is wack in general and needs to be regulated somehow. No nation should be able to go around the world backing opposition leaders/militias for their own gain , paying off officials, steal resources without repercussions, create political unrest on purpose etc.

Idealistic/naive you might say, as this is human "nature" but the root of the problem is the acceptance of it and indifference towards it.
No only is it idealistic but it is very dangerous, this is how you get pol pot or the pitesti prison experiment. There are no solutions only tradeoffs.

May 26, 2016
No only is it idealistic but it is very dangerous, this is how you get pol pot or the pitesti prison experiment. There are no solutions only tradeoffs.
Yes i am an idealist.

Hard disagree: this is how you move on from the shackles of modern colonialism and towards an evolution to something better and beyond the cavemen mentality of "my tribe is stronger, therefore i decide whats best for everyone else" . Drawing lines to Pol pot is speculative: just because one form of it failed (and bastardized version of it) does not mean it has to do the same for eternity. I understand your doubts tho, people are generally skeptic of change even tho the system they live under today is shit

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
it is not subjective at all if you ask me. The US have done a lot of good both for their own population and for the world.

Russia however is a feudal kleptocracy - no ifs or buts about it.
That's beside the point.

I'm not arguing who's what, just pointed it is, apparently, subjective. Evidently so, looking at this last couple of pages.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Yes i am an idealist.

Hard disagree: this is how you move on from the shackles of modern colonialism and towards an evolution to something better and beyond the cavemen mentality of "my tribe is stronger, therefore i decide whats best for everyone else" . Drawing lines to Pol pot is speculative: just because one form of it failed (and bastardized version of it) does not mean it has to do the same for eternity. I understand your doubts tho, people are generally skeptic of change even tho the system they live under today is shit
I'm not a change skeptic, I'm skeptical of change based on lofty ideas and slogans with no clear plan or detailed cost.

May 26, 2016
I'm not a change skeptic, I'm skeptical of change based on lofty ideas and slogans with no clear plan or detailed cost.
Noted. That said it doesn't necessarily have to be idealistic/unrealistic jibberish. People can adjust and refine ideas or make compromizes to make a better system worldwide. I believe this to be within our possibilities with some effort.

alaska

May 25, 2013
If this ends in a "Russia keeps Donbas" situation, the tradeoff should be extended, full sanctions against Russia. Like, "check back in 20 years" sanctions. No oilfield tech, agtech, money going in/out, any SDN has an active Interpol arrest warrant, confiscate all Russian state funds held overseas and spend them on re-equipping the Ukranian military for the inevitable offensive to retake Donbas.

Essentially, turn it into North Korea. If the people want to revolt and replace the government with something better, then we can reconsider the sanctions.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
If this ends in a "Russia keeps Donbas" situation, the tradeoff should be extended, full sanctions against Russia. Like, "check back in 20 years" sanctions. No oilfield tech, agtech, money going in/out, any SDN has an active Interpol arrest warrant, confiscate all Russian state funds held overseas and spend them on re-equipping the Ukranian military for the inevitable offensive to retake Donbas.

Essentially, turn it into North Korea. If the people want to revolt and replace the government with something better, then we can reconsider the sanctions.
I see a lot of talk about this, especially from politicians, but I havent seen any proposals on how to offset the cost for the Western countries/companies/individuals when Russia retaliates and does the same or go a step further.

+ the EU is very divided on the issue, even if they find an agreement on Russian state asset confiscation, what would be the criteria for going after the oligarch money? Theres so much at stake that theyd lobby the shit out of that regulation.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Seems like the offensive at Kherson is going good, Ukraine successfully crossed a river nearby the city although they still have to cover a lot of ground before actually reaching the city

Severodonetsk is basically fallen besides civilians and soldiers holding up in a chemical plant. It’s close to becoming Mariupol 2.0. All main bridges are destroyed, that doesn’t effectively mean that Ukraine isn’t capable to bring more troops in, but heavy weapons are a different story

Russians gained some ground at Kharkiv, but nothing big

Main issues with advanced weaponry from the West remains schooling soldiers. It takes a few months to master certain systems, soldiers of Ukraine have to learn it in a few weeks. (there really are conflicting reports in this regard, some say that NATO is slow with shipping, others state this)

Russia’s tank factories should be (or close to) becoming non operational due to a lack of resources that they bought from the West in the past.

Half of Ukraine Air Force is still operational

Russia seems very poor at targeting moving targets from the air probably due to a lack of training and coordination between command posts

Half of Russia’s soldiers are conscripts. Apparently in Russia’s army most of the soldiers only work there for a year, which is very short. I’d say the average military career for a infanterist is between two and four years at least, mostly depending on career opportunities so I’m surprised to hear this

Seems that the EU gibe Ukraine the status of a candidate state, that will give Ukraine some financial benefits

^Got most information from Prof Clark in a Q&A at Sky

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 11)