Russia - Ukraine Conflict 2022 (29 Viewers)

Jul 7, 2018
A trick question as there is only one democratic country according to the US and its exceptional. Care to take a wild guess?

Whatever you wrote further "is just plain stupid and cruel".

Has one positive side effect though: about 20% of Americans can now almost find Ukraine on a map. That's more than those who have graduated from a real high school.

“Inside every [insert country population that is being invaded by the US] there is an American trying to get out”

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
By what metrics? Just because you see American foreign policy as more admirable for some strange reason?

Please provide us with some insight. Go and ask the people of Somalia, Iraq, Palestine, middle east in general or South America for that matter, about what they think about US foreign policy.

They both have their own expansionistic, colonialistic mindset and bully other nations. Both are shit. Both disrespect sovereignty of other nations.
The only metric that counts, america is not commie scum. The atrocities committed in the name of communism, exported by golden herd descendants, are the worst in the history of humanity and that is by every metric, be it in lives, financially or in cruelty.

Lancelot

Oct 24, 2011
Jens Stoltenberg wants to say something

The US-led alliance aims to strengthen Ukraine’s position at the negotiating table, Jens Stoltenberg said but added that any peace deal would involve compromises, including territory.

Stoltenberg said that the West was willing to “pay a price” to strengthen the Ukrainian military, and Kyiv will have to make some territorial concessions to Moscow in order to end the current conflict
Of course :lol:

May 26, 2016
The only metric that counts, america is not commie scum. The atrocities committed in the name of communism, exported by golden herd descendants, are the worst in the history of humanity and that is by every metric, be it in lives, financially or in cruelty.
Well, congratulations to America for not being communists.

We all hate on USSR/Russia with little or no problem and their history of crimes are undisputed, but why not acknowledge that the American government is commiting crimes around the world at this very moment and in fact a big part of the world population see their foreign policy as the main obstacle to resolving conflicts and bring peace.

US hedgemony is not a meme or a myth and has brought immense problems, conflicts and destruction to countries (especially to countries where brown/people of color live for some strange reason). USSR being worse or not seems like a hopeless discussion tbh, especially when that depends on who you ask: Measuring two variants of evil dont make noone of them right. Both are utter shite variants of foreign policy /use of power.

- - - Updated - - -

I get the ease of comparing everyone and everything you don’t like to Hitler/Nazi Germany but it’s a dumb comparison that minimises the holocaust.

Do people only count if they live in a “democratic” country then?

The US has invaded and interfered in other countries and their democratic processes above all else to protect US economic (and by extension political) interests in those regions, and/or to open up new markets for US capital (for consumption and for access to resources and cheap labor). Believing it’s about ideas like democracy or freedom (which are not binary or equally measured things) instead of profits/geopolitical influence is naive and ahistorical.

Have Iraq/Libya/Afghanistan become more democratic after US intervention? How about the many right-wing dictators and regimes the US military/CIA have helped take power (and used to eliminate anti-US/capitalist political groups, suppress elections, protect US businesses/land rights/resource extraction/military presence, destroy labor unions, push through austerity and other neoliberal economic programs, etc). It's never been about upholding/restoring democracy or improving the prosperity of the local population (has usually resulted in the opposite), but safeguarding/extending US interests.

Of course it’s not just the US that does this, but given their unique position as the leading superpower over the past century and a half they have had the most opportunity/capabilities/success at it, and so their list of victims is naturally longer. Now Russia is attempting to do something similar in Ukraine but using their own justifications that resonate with their population, in contrast to the US's favored democracy/freedom™ PR line, however beneath those layers of bullshit the underlying material reasons are the same (and just to be clear in neither case are justified, or excusable because it's been done before, but imperialists gonna imperialize).
100% perfectly put

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Well, congratulations to America for not being communists.

We all hate on USSR/Russia with little or no problem and their history of crimes are undisputed, but why not acknowledge that the American government is commiting crimes around the world at this very moment and in fact a big part of the world population see their foreign policy as the main obstacle to resolving conflicts and bring peace.

US hedgemony is not a meme or a myth and has brought immense problems, conflicts and destruction to countries (especially to countries where brown/people of color live for some strange reason). USSR being worse or not seems like a hopeless discussion tbh, especially when that depends on who you ask: Measuring two variants of evil dont make noone of them right. Both are utter shite variants of foreign policy /use of power.

- - - Updated - - -

100% perfectly put
I don't see anybody denying that, and it's just the way of the world, but by far america is the most benevolent of the hegemons in history. Show me one hegemon that had anything remotely close to the marshall plan, or the precursor to success stories like s korea, japan, taiwan, germany...

May 26, 2016
I don't see anybody denying that, and it's just the way of the world, but by far america is the most benevolent of the hegemons in history. Show me one hegemon that had anything remotely close to the marshall plan, or the precursor to success stories like s korea, japan, taiwan, germany...
Fair enough, then i applaud you for honesty.

My point was that cherry picking a few good deeds here and there isnt a valid way of washing away a long histoy of sins. I dont buy the "democracy" narrative at all. Killing people because you want to "spread democracy" and "civilize" people might sound elegant in theory but is in no way better imo

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Fair enough, then i applaud you for honesty.

My point was that cherry picking a few good deeds here and there isnt a valid way of washing away a long histoy of sins. I dont buy the "democracy" narrative at all. Killing people because you want to "spread democracy" and "civilize" people might sound elegant in theory but is in no way better imo
Nah it's all about power, but at the root of it all is a justification of a way of life. Nations will always duke it out for resources and influence. I just firmly belive that people are better off with america being the top dog as opposed to russia/china or whoever else.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Nah it's all about power, but at the root of it all is a justification of a way of life. Nations will always duke it out for resources and influence. I just firmly belive that people are better off with america being the top dog as opposed to russia/china or whoever else.
Abso-fuckin-lutely!

Aug 26, 2014
which democratic country has ever been invaded by the US? Especially for that very reason: being democratic lol

Putin is literally trying to kill democracy in Ukraine (and everywhere else for that matter).

Comparing whatever the fuck the US was doing to what this monster is doing is just plain stupid and cruel.

This war is literally: "we are invading you because you want to prosper", "because if my miserable population sees that you started prospering when you ditched feudalism, they will come for me too".
Yes the US went to the middle east to bring them "democracy" and save them, not to steal the natural resources. How did that turned out? And you say only the Russians are influenced by propaganda, take a good look in the mirror buddy.

Jun 16, 2020
Russia is not about accuracy. But if you look to the marks in the grass you could see that equipment has been moved from there. If its combined with a darker area than you basically know that artillery has been fired from there aswel

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Yes the US just occupies and takes all the natural resources and then leave, wish there were more good countries like this.
Yes there is, UK or should I say England. The original pimps who invented the game. Make no mistake. Still doing it on the down low. Happy 1200 anniversary to that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 19)