Roberto Pereyra (8 Viewers)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
On Topic :
I actually like this player and the deal as well since its a loan deal but he surely cant be the answer to our attacking deficiencies.We need more.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly he reminds me of Isla a bit(in his Udinese days that is).The style seems to be quite similar.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I kinda see what he means but not quite, pereyras dribbling is very much trial and error, got a feeling his gonna do ok against poor defense but in Europe he will suck hard.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
@PedroFlu

As soon as a big club like Juve comes around, the price goes up. The same goes for clubs all over Europe that are actually big clubs.

All those clubs you compare us to are tiny clubs relatively speaking, and when they show interest in a player it doesn't perk the interest of big clubs around the continent. Therefore the price doesn't go up.

By the way. Benatia was way lower rated than Ogbonna prior to his move to Roma. This was his first really good season of his career, and Ogbonna's worst. There was no way anyone could have guessed that Benatia would turn from being a middle level defender into one of the best of Serie A, especially at his age. Roma also just spent 22m for Iturbe while leaving his agent with somewhere in the 5-10m range.

Second, Napoli. Callejon looked like an absolute failure for his time at Real Madrid, and was already 26. There was no way he was going for more than 10m. Especially with Napoli already gifting Madrid 41m for Higauin! :rofl: Morata should absolutely be worth double Callejon, because of his youth and the fact he performed far better than Callejon ever did in his time at Madrid. Plus the U21 record of his is incredible.

You're twisting facts here. Show me all the examples of clubs the size of Juve that pay low prices for high potential, young players.
What you say makes a lot of sense. But IMO, this happens basically within Italy. In Italy, every club tries to rape us, twice as they try to fuck other big clubs like the Milanese or Romans. It's a mix between smarts and also that inner hate that 99% of clubs in Italy bring against us.

When I gave those examples I was just pointing out that 15M is not the basic price nowadays. You don't have to overpay for every single player with upside. Marotta himself has done a lot of great deals, as I've said in other threads. But you can also make deals without having to overpay everytime.

And ehhhh... nope, I don't think Ogbonna was rated higher than Benatia. Benatia was already calling the attention of big clubs at Udinese when Asamoah and Isla were there at their last year.

Iturbe was a clear overpaying. Other clubs aren't perfect of course.

But Marotta himself - he got Vidal for 12M, Pogba for nothing, Coman for nothing. These are great businesses. But they don't take back the fact that we are really overpaying for Morata and Pereyra. I mean, Morata didn't even play 1000 minutes in La Liga.

If you overpay for a guy of very high potential - like Morata - I'm actually OK with it. But I have the impression that Pereyra doesn't have so much upside. That's basically it. I really want Marotta to continue to look outside of Italy for young talent, since we constantly have to overpay to get the players we want in Italy.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know what these examples are supposed to show, value for money? Some of them haven't even played a game, so best to leave them out.

We paid €10.5m for Vidal and €10m for Lichtsteiner, yet €15.5m for Pereyra. It's all to do with opportunities (contract length, club finances, player desire, technical choices) and the standing of the selling club. The value now for a 'good' player with years on his contract is €15m as standard, which is why we have paid around this fee numerous times. Sometimes you can get them for cheaper but other times not. Udinese are under no obligation to sell players to balance their books.

As has also been mentioned, we do pay a couple of million more because of our financial standing, clubs aren't stupid. But we go along with it as Udinese are likely to sell to us first, they are almost an assembly line for us.
It's just to show that no, it's not normal to pay 17M for players like Pereyra. Marotta himself did much better deals. You don't always have to overpay. Pretty much it.

- - - Updated - - -

We need to evade the Quaglierella/Matri kind of deals from now on. Not because of quags exactly... but the kind of 27-28 years old, average ad already peaked striker... is a dead end deal. They will be worth the first year and the fade maybe...at high wages and with long contracts just to warm the bench.

We need to evade this deals at all costs unless is a failproof top player like Tevez was.
Exactly. We can't continue to do this, this hurts the club's finances so much. Romulo for example...for 7M, and to replace Isla, it is OK. But shouldn't be the rule, as it used to be. Marotta has clearly set his eyes on youth right now, what is very important for the club's short term future.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, why do tevez and immobile hate each other?

Bad tackle?
haha that post was one of the funniest I've ever read in here. Bad trolling, but funny :)

- - - Updated - - -

Look beyond the Italian market, there are some great players in France, Holland and Germany going for great prices with a huge amount of individual skill. Clearly Germany has some great players coming up and not all of them can go to Bayern.

But, I have heard a lot of surprising things about Pereyra. Di Natale even said he'll be as good as Sanchez which is kinda weird since Peryeyra didn't exactly have the eyes of the world on him like Sanchez did.
Yes! That's what I mean.

For 15M, what kind of talent can you nail from Germany? You can get pretty good players with this price range, in low salaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, so far, for next year we've got:

Buffon - Licht, Barzagli, Chiellini, Evra - Pirlo, Vidal, Pogba - Tevez - Llorente, Morata

bench: Storari, Caceres, Bonucci, Ogbonna, Marrone, Asamoah, Romulo, Pereyra, Marchisio, Pepe, Giovinco, Coman

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
[MENTION=16129]

By the way. Benatia was way lower rated than Ogbonna prior to his move to Roma. This was his first really good season of his career, and Ogbonna's worst. There was no way anyone could have guessed that Benatia would turn from being a middle level defender into one of the best of Serie A, especially at his age. Roma also just spent 22m for Iturbe while leaving his agent with somewhere in the 5-10m range.
Absolutely and utterly NOT true. Ogbonna's reputation is based entirely on being called up to the NT while he was in Serie B, his ONLY season in Serie A half of it he was back and forth with injuries, other half very average would been a compliment, quite error prone. Basically he was signed entirely on promise and nothing else, as someone who's only decent outing was in Serie B.

Benatia has looked flawless with Roma, by far best defender in the league (together with a healthy Barzagli), but he was very good to excellent with Udinese for couple seasons. Going a step up to a bigger club was well over due by that time.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Absolutely and utterly NOT true. Ogbonna's reputation is based entirely on being called up to the NT while he was in Serie B, his ONLY season in Serie A half of it he was back and forth with injuries, other half very average would been a compliment, quite error prone. Basically he was signed entirely on promise and nothing else, as someone who's only decent outing was in Serie B.

Benatia has looked flawless with Roma, by far best defender in the league (together with a healthy Barzagli), but he was very good to excellent with Udinese for couple seasons. Going a step up to a bigger club was well over due by that time.
I'd argue the opposite entirely. There is a good reason Roma got Benatia for 13.5m, and no bigger clubs came calling. Roma is not a big club, does not pull weight on the transfer market. Benatia was a 26 yr old defender who had showed very little promise for being more than an above average defender. At Udinese he was decidedly mediocre until his last year there, and even then was highly inconsistent. Yes, he was fabulous this year, but that was hardly foretold by his form at Udinese, hence the 13.5m price tag and the reason no big clubs came calling. Don't exaggerate to suit your argument.

Ogbonna, really should have cost the same as Benatia due to the injury troubles he had dealt with the previous season to his move here, but we slightly overpaid to keep him from going elsewhere. Benatia was miles better this season, but I'd hardly say he was very good to excellent for Udinese for a couple seasons. Laughable assertion in fact. He was above average/good for his last season, and decidedly average before that.

- - - Updated - - -

So on a scale of 1-10 how good is this guy for his age?
6.5-7 on current performance. Above average player, with potential to become very good, but probably no better than an 7.5 ever.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If he was decidedly average, I fail to see how Ogbonna cant be called anything but epically disastrous in his ONLY season in Serie A. Benatia's improvement with Roma was big time, but he was fairly good still before the move, while Ogbonna remains as allways seen him, fimrly questionable defender.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Nah. Ogbonna wasn't that bad for Torino when he was not injured. He was actually in pretty good form to for the first 7 matches or so, and then his injury troubles hit which plagued him for most of the rest of the season, until the last 4-5 matches, when he performed quite well again. The middle 4 months, he was a disaster, but the start and finish when he was fully fit, he performed quite well.

This past year at Juve, clear as day Benatia was much much better for Roma. I'd like to wait another year on Ogbonna. I think he could still turn out quite good.

I also think Benatia is going to come back to earth next season, at Roma. Just a hunch.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Are you saying he made the Serie A team of the year in his last year at Udinese? Because he most certainly did not. It was Maggio--De Sciglio--Chiellini--Zuniga that season, for the team of the year, or at least the official one. Benatia was good that year, above average, but there's a reason his price tag was 13.5m, and it was because he was very inconsistent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)