Roberto Pereyra (8 Viewers)

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Lets forget he's actually better then most defenders, and has made less mistakes then Chiellini the past year :tup:
Oh yeah, let's also forget all those blunders he made for the past 3 seasons.

He cost us elimination in Europe last season, in games vs Galata and then vs Benfica too.

He can't defend for shit, can't mark, is high as a tree and can't beat a player for a header, has his famous tackle, and even his long balls are overrated, finds his target once in 28 attempts.

I belive Martinez was a better buy than him, he did shit for us, but at least didn't harm us.

- - - Updated - - -

Chiellini has the highest rating, but also made the most blunders

Especially in CL, and it hurted us

Bonucci didnt fucked up in CL afaik
Wat?

You can't remember shit then.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Oh yeah, let's also forget all those blunders he made for the past 3 seasons.

He cost us elimination in Europe last season, in games vs Galata and then vs Benfica too.

He can't defend for shit, can't mark, is high as a tree and can't beat a player for a header, has his famous tackle, and even his long balls are overrated, finds his target once in 28 attempts.

I belive Martinez was a better buy than him, he did shit for us, but at least didn't harm us.

- - - Updated - - -

Wat?

You can't remember shit then.
I can recall at least 3 blunders by caceres and chiellini each

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
This is an Asamoah type deal. The reason we have to pay so much is because he will be on low wages for probably his whole career and he's young and improving.

Who knows what the bonuses are, but if you pay 15M for a player and he's on your squad for 5-6-7 years on modest wages and performs admirably, then it's incredible business.

The problem is we tried that with Isla and it's failed. However, if he comes good like Asamoah (who was admittedly at a higher level from the get-go) then it's definitely a good deal.

I can't say I've seen a whole lot from Pereyra so I can't judge this deal completely. My initial reaction is that it's too much money. I would have preferred something around 12M.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Both Chiello and Bonucci are dogshit.
Every modern defender is dogshit.

But chiello and Bonbon are amongst the better ones

- - - Updated - - -

This is an Asamoah type deal. The reason we have to pay so much is because he will be on low wages for probably his whole career and he's young and improving.

Who knows what the bonuses are, but if you pay 15M for a player and he's on your squad for 5-6-7 years on modest wages and performs admirably, then it's incredible business.

The problem is we tried that with Isla and it's failed. However, if he comes good like Asamoah (who was admittedly at a higher level from the get-go) then it's definitely a good deal.

I can't say I've seen a whole lot from Pereyra so I can't judge this deal completely. My initial reaction is that it's too much money. I would have preferred something around 12M.
Udinese would never sell for 12 mil

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011

Let me just add that Pereyra's salaries will only remain low if he's average/mediocre utility player, thus not worthy of 17M.

If he's actually really good, than we will have to increase his salaries, which won't be able to compensate the overpricing.

Let's just hope he'll achieve Asamoah's level. Asamoah was equally expensive, but was much higher rated when he came.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Let me just add that Pereyra's salaries will only remain low if he's average/mediocre utility player, thus not worthy of 17M.

If he's actually really good, than we will have to increase his salaries, which won't be able to compensate the overpricing.

Let's just hope he'll achieve Asamoah's level. Asamoah was equally expensive, but was much higher rated when he came.
Not necessarily. I think Asamoah is still on 1.4M.

Lichtsteiner has played his whole career in Serie A, he's over 30 years old now and is STILL on 2M. And he's a great player. He's 7 years removed from Pereyra's age and is only now demanding a significant wage increase.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
€15m is pretty much the standard market price, just look around. Other big clubs pay €25m a pop and people just shrug.
I don't agree at all. Examples:

Napoli 2013-14:

Callejon - 10M.
Mertens - 9.5M
Jorginho - 5M (1/2)
Armero - 4M (1/2)

Napoli 12-13:

Behrami: 7.5M
Pandev:7,5M

Fiorentina:
Mario Gomez - 15M
Ilicic -9M
Rossi -10M
Borja Valero -7M

Roma:
Nainggolan: 3M loan + 6M (1/2)
Sanabria: 5M
Ucan: 5M
Astori: 7M
Strootman: 16.5M
Benatia: 13.5M
Gervinho: 8M

Now you tell me. 17M total fee for Pereyra, 20M for Morata. Is this overpriced or what? Roma got Benatia cheaper than Ogbonna. Nainggolan, a much higher rated player, will cost 15M in the end. Borja Valero cost 7M for Fiorentina. Napoli payed 10M for Mertens and Callejon.

Marotta did some good business. But 15M is not the standard price for an OK player nowadays. No way. Pereyra and Morata are very overpriced, because Marotta is paying for what they might cost in 1 or 2 years from now. It's not their current price.

- - - Updated - - -

Not necessarily. I think Asamoah is still on 1.4M.

Lichtsteiner has played his whole career in Serie A, he's over 30 years old now and is STILL on 2M. And he's a great player. He's 7 years removed from Pereyra's age and is only now demanding a significant wage increase.
Yes, you are correct on that.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I think that since we ae Juve, every other team wants to rip us, but when teams like roma and Napoli approach for a young prospect...they sell him to them for half the price they would sell to us because unlike juve...teams like those present much lower offers.

It would be a waste of time to try to scam them if theres no one else interested.... but with us is a different story since we are a big team nd current champions....so we supposedly should have money to spend.

could be wrong tho..

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@PedroFlu

As soon as a big club like Juve comes around, the price goes up. The same goes for clubs all over Europe that are actually big clubs.

All those clubs you compare us to are tiny clubs relatively speaking, and when they show interest in a player it doesn't perk the interest of big clubs around the continent. Therefore the price doesn't go up.

By the way. Benatia was way lower rated than Ogbonna prior to his move to Roma. This was his first really good season of his career, and Ogbonna's worst. There was no way anyone could have guessed that Benatia would turn from being a middle level defender into one of the best of Serie A, especially at his age. Roma also just spent 22m for Iturbe while leaving his agent with somewhere in the 5-10m range.

Second, Napoli. Callejon looked like an absolute failure for his time at Real Madrid, and was already 26. There was no way he was going for more than 10m. Especially with Napoli already gifting Madrid 41m for Higauin! :rofl: Morata should absolutely be worth double Callejon, because of his youth and the fact he performed far better than Callejon ever did in his time at Madrid. Plus the U21 record of his is incredible.

You're twisting facts here. Show me all the examples of clubs the size of Juve that pay low prices for high potential, young players.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
@PedroFlu

As soon as a big club like Juve comes around, the price goes up. The same goes for clubs all over Europe that are actually big clubs.

All those clubs you compare us to are tiny clubs relatively speaking, and when they show interest in a player it doesn't perk the interest of big clubs around the continent. Therefore the price doesn't go up.

By the way. Benatia was way lower rated than Ogbonna prior to his move to Roma. This was his first really good season of his career, and Ogbonna's worst. There was no way anyone could have guessed that Benatia would turn from being a middle level defender into one of the best of Serie A, especially at his age. Roma also just spent 22m for Iturbe while leaving his agent with somewhere in the 5-10m range.

Second, Napoli. Callejon looked like an absolute failure for his time at Real Madrid, and was already 26. There was no way he was going for more than 10m. Especially with Napoli already gifting Madrid 41m for Higauin! :rofl: Morata should absolutely be worth double Callejon, because of his youth and the fact he performed far better than Callejon ever did in his time at Madrid. Plus the U21 record of his is incredible.

You're twisting facts here. Show me all the examples of clubs the size of Juve that pay low prices for high potential, young players.
Yeh, this looks like a sensible post.

My only gripe is that Udinese is like making a living of us by rippin our wallets apart. Asamoah was a great adition... but isla left me with a shid flavour in my mouth. I hope pereyra is not as shitty,. but he seems to be betetr in what he does than Isla.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I don't agree at all. Examples:
I don't know what these examples are supposed to show, value for money? Some of them haven't even played a game, so best to leave them out.

We paid €10.5m for Vidal and €10m for Lichtsteiner, yet €15.5m for Pereyra. It's all to do with opportunities (contract length, club finances, player desire, technical choices) and the standing of the selling club. The value now for a 'good' player with years on his contract is €15m as standard, which is why we have paid around this fee numerous times. Sometimes you can get them for cheaper but other times not. Udinese are under no obligation to sell players to balance their books.

As has also been mentioned, we do pay a couple of million more because of our financial standing, clubs aren't stupid. But we go along with it as Udinese are likely to sell to us first, they are almost an assembly line for us.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yeh, this looks like a sensible post.

My only gripe is that Udinese is like making a living of us by rippin our wallets apart. Asamoah was a great adition... but isla left me with a shid flavour in my mouth. I hope pereyra is not as $#@!ty,. but he seems to be betetr in what he does than Isla.
Asamoah was great. Isla. That injury, he's never regained his form. That's the risk with that type of injury though. It's really too bad. He seemed to lose all his confidence along with his form when he returned.

Pereyra seems more like a sure thing. He doesn't seem the type that could turn into a star/superstar, but he seems very low risk, and a player that could develop into a solid starter over the next year or two. I can't see his value dropping as long as he gets regular playing time, even off the bench or in different formations as a starter; or, if he does become a starter, even slightly increase it into that 20-30m range.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)