Roberto Baggio (6 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
there was an interesting thread on bigsoccer about the player this past summer, very entertaining stuff :D

http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/is-riquelme-the-most-overrated-south-american.1992889/
I should know where i'm getting myself at in a place called Bigsoccer. But damn, did my eyes bleed.

"If i had to pick between Zidane and Riquelme for the 10 position in a fantasy team, i'd choose Riquelme. See there's no denying that Zidane had world class technique with the ball at his feet, but Riquelme's talent is far more than on the ball skill. Riquelme runs the offensive outset by his pure demeanor; in every single game that I've seen him play he actually gets more touches on the ball than any player on the field, again, every single game that i've seen him play. Can you say that about Zidane? No. What i'm trying to say is that Riquelme takes over games far more than Zidane ever did, and is still doing it in his mid 30s."

Zidane lead his team to the destruction of 98 Brazil and a WC title. And at 34 years of age lead his team to another final. He made Cafú look like a fool.

Buy on AliExpress.com

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
I'm not so sure i agree with that, he was a beast in both situations. The thing is that the 98' team was better. In 06' that team revolved around him, he was more on the spotlight then. And of course, there's the incident with Materazzi. That made him even more of an icon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)