Roberto Baggio (5 Viewers)

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
Considering his performances that makes sense, though iv heard that we let him go in a disrespectful way. Pirlo definitely is a Juve legend considering the role he played in that first scudetto. Counting Zidane as a legend would be such an Arsenal thing to do.
He leaves because Lippi prefer young DP, not that i'm complaining though.

But he's have strange of career, leaving Juve because of Lippi, and latter leaving Inter because of Lippi (again).

That's why i can never really like Lippi, love football because of Baggio, and latter love Juve because of DP. The same kind of flair and fancy player who make a child love the game.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I was too young to remember Baggio at Juve my earliest memory's of Juve are from 96. Can someone explain why he left and was £6m pounds not very cheap for a ballon dor winner even back then?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He leaves because Lippi prefer young DP, not that i'm complaining though.

But he's have strange of career, leaving Juve because of Lippi, and latter leaving Inter because of Lippi (again).

That's why i can never really like Lippi, love football because of Baggio, and latter love Juve because of DP. The same kind of flair and fancy player who make a child love the game.

A Juventus fan that dislikes Lippi! I've seen it all now! :rofl:

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
Never really like = dislike?
rofl...
it means im indifferent towards him, he's great and one of the juve legends, but since i also love Baggio i can't love him as you do.
Is that wrong?

I was too young to remember Baggio at Juve my earliest memory's of Juve are from 96. Can someone explain why he left and was £6m pounds not very cheap for a ballon dor winner even back then?
I was about 9th too...
He left because young DP, management and Lippi prefer DP than him, our management forces him to receive a paycut. A great gamble choosing DP, but it's proved as a masterpiece.

Besides we got Vialli and Ravanelli too, and Inzaghi after that, he always the leading man. Too bad he ended to inter only to met Lippi again.

Lippi cut him from the 1st team, inter got one of the best foward line i ever seen btw.. Prime Ronaldo before his injury, Baggio, Vieri, Recoba, and Zamorano.

enzo

May 14, 2012
Actually, Juventus would only keep him, if he reduced his salary by 50%. At this time Del Piero was already on his rise to fame and obviously he was Juventus' future number 10. Baggio simply wasn't in the club's vision of the future Juventus. Some say, they forced him out.

6.8 million Pounds wasn't that bad, considering he came from Bologna for 8 million Pounds, which was, back then, the record fee.

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
Actually, Juventus would only keep him, if he reduced his salary by 50%. At this time Del Piero was already on his rise to fame and obviously he was Juventus' future number 10. Baggio simply wasn't in the club's vision of the future Juventus. Some say, they forced him out.

6.8 million Pounds wasn't that bad, considering he came from Bologna for 8 million Pounds, which was, back then, the record fee.
It's a bit of gamble imo, DP was young, and Baggio already proven WC in star glittering Juve.

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
Sure. But don't forget there were still people like Moggi or Umberto Agnelli himself around.
Yes, they're sure know what they do.
A great trio Moggi, Bettega, and Giraudo, and Umberto. Even now i still don't know what Bettega and Giraudo do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)