Real Madrid bid 70 mil Euro for Zlatan (30 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
Zambrotta can be easily replaced? Are you sure about that? Coz im not. Evra? Chillieni? Would you seriously sacrifice a future captain for someone who doesnt even play in the serie a or someone who has been anything but in the same calibre. Zlatan's sale gives us easier options in Cassano and Gilardino, but im afraid Zambrotta's sale would lead to a wild goose chase looking to sew up our entire left portion. In addition to the other problems we already have.
Are you kidding me? Zambrotta has been solid yes but really doesn't do a whole lot in the scheme of things here. He is not as important of a player as Zlatan, and we could replace him with Chiellini, Evra, Del Horno, or whoever can play well defensively in that role. He is in his prime now and we could easily sell him for a good sum of money.

And why are you so keen on Cassano and Gilardino? We don't need them. All we need is some talented midfielders which can be funded by any combination of sales while keeping Ibrahimovic. The latter's sale would be redundant.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve_The_Best ] ++

excuse me !!! what did you say ?
You read me, I said Zambrotta is not as important of a player as Zlatan. Of course in the past he has been far more important, however now and in the future Zlatan is and will be more important to Juventus.

Zambrotta is one of my favorite players at Juventus, however if we had to sacrifice one player out of Zambro and Zlatan, I would choose the Italian.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So, instead of throwing away such a young and talented player, we should sell Zambrotta as he is in his prime, his price tag will probably lower after next season, and right now his sale could give us a lot of money. Once again, we don't need to sell Zlatan when we could sell a number of players.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I dont think Zambro has peaked yet to start with. Having said that, i firmly believe he still has five years to give to this team. Selling him alone, cannot fund our requirements. Zlatan's sale on the other hand, would fund everything from a defender to a decent enough replacement in attack.

Zambro would be sold off with another one of the players on our roster, maybe even an Emerson which would then equate to a sum that would be used to acquire our targets. Why would you want to sell two extremely valuable players, like a Zambro and Emerson, if maybe a Zlatan sale alone can take care of our needs?

The fact remains, we're going to have to sacrifice someone one way or another. I'd much rather our losses in that aspect, be at an absolute minimal.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

And you wonder why we are not that successful in Europe. We don't have the talented players to perform in big matches.
Andy, lets look at the teams that won the last three CL's, we'll both agree that last year a compact Porto team won it, the year before it could have gone either way (as no one on Milan's side shone), and as for Real winning it that year though Zidane played a pivotal role it's hard to overlook the cast surrounding him. Now let's go back to the last time Juve won it. Who was the star? the one that carried the team: Vialli? not really. ravanelli? certainly not. Del Piero? hardly. Juve's way is doing it with the players that fit their roles. This year we were close, we were a nedved or an emerson away from the final. And cry as we may Zlatan didnt score one goal in the CL, i really want him to become our hero but i'll go with reason instead. And the rational decision would be to take the money and run. simple.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't agree at all. Rather stupid if you ask me to sell a young player who has the world in front of him. We sold Henry and he has become one hell of a player, and now we want to sell a player we know could become a great. I don't see any logic in this at all. Then in three years once Zlatan has won a CL with another club and becomes perhaps the best forward in the world, lets not biatch about his departure cuz I guarentee all of you will.

Just the thought of it makes me angry because I feel it would be entirely the wrong decision.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Real Madrid Deny Ibrahimovic Offer
5/24/2005 8:13:00 AM
The Spanish club rebuffed these claims on their official website.
Real Madrid did not try to lure Zlatan Ibrahimovic away from Juventus. This announcement came from the team’s official website following the reports that appeared on various news agencies that the Galacticos offered 70 million Euros for the Swedish forward.

The Spanish giants affirmed that they did never establish, directly or indirectly, any contact with neither the player’s agent or with the Juventus’ management

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Aftonbladet is now saying that it was all a PR-trick by Raiola to get his name all over the media (not Zlatan's, but his), but also to raise Zlatan's market value.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
It doesn't have to be like that.

Remember Real was in for two of our players: Ibrahimovic and Emerson. The interest in our most popular player right now has totaly removed focus of Emerson. They only mentioned they wasn't interested in Ibrahimovic, not Emerson.

The rumour said they where going to buy both for 100€m. 70€m Ibra, 30€m Emerson. 70% of the fans could sell both players for that amount, so why shouldn't we sell Emerson for 30?

I don't know if I myself see much logic in this. :D But it doesn't seem right that Raiola would say something like this just to increase he's value, since it would just harm he's reputation afterwards.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Ibra ‘offer’ was fake, say Real Tuesday 24 May, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Real Madrid have dismissed claims that they made a £50m bid for Juventus ace Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

The Swede’s agent suggested over the weekend that the Spanish giants were prepared to dig deep in order to net the striker over the summer.

But the El Santiago Bernabeu outfit have officially denied the story, insisting they haven’t approached the player, his agent or Juventus.

"Real Madrid denies the information that has been published in different mass media in which there is reference to a supposed offer of 70m Euros for the Swedish forward Ibrahimovic, who currently plays for Juventus," read a statement on the club's official website.

"The club wants to put on record that nobody, neither directly nor indirectly, has established negotiations of any type with the representative, the Italian club or the player."

Ibrahimovic has caught the eye this term after instantly settling since his move from Ajax at the start of the campaign.

He’s netted 16 League goals so far which have been vital towards the Old Lady’s 28th League title.

Ibrahimovic looks set to remain in Italy though after Juventus yesterday confirmed that he was untransferable.

The Bianconeri also insisted that Emerson, who is supposedly of interest to Real Madrid too, will remain in Turin.

Meanwhile, Middlesbrough have again admitted that they are interested in signing Juve’s Stephen Appiah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)