Real Madrid bid 70 mil Euro for Zlatan (4 Viewers)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
@Vonam: Its not the positions of those players, or the role of those players that are being compared. Its what they bring to the team: a certain balance and consistency. The fact remains, when Zambro is on the pitch, he brings a balance and versatility that could allow us to switch formations, effortlessly. Zlatan doesnt have that, for all the talent in the world. And at 70 Million, I'd say, we could use the money rather than his talent.
I get you on this baggio :D I know he is very versatile, i was mentioning position especially at LB because earlier somebody posted that its not easy to replace Zambrotta at LB, while I think there are many others.
But as in terms of his versatility, no doubt he is very important. Dont forget he is perhaps my favorite player at Juve.
Nonetheless I still wouldnt sell Zlatan for 70 million and Im glad he wants tp achieve alot with Juventus.

As for talents, how do we rate talent? my perception of talent is the player's skills and technique not on performance only, I know DP has alot of talent, but I highly doubt that Ibra doesnt even have half of it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Sure it was, except for the fact we didn't win anything for years with Zidane in the team and we needed to reshape the entire squad back then. Currently we do not need to reshape the entire team, only needing some work here and there, and we also have other players we could sell to bring us a good sum of money. The more I think about this the more I realize we don't need to sell Zlatan.

So no, there is no comparison between the situations, Desmond.
Back when we sold Zidane it was indeed because we needed an overhaul in every department; this current team doesn't need revamping, in fact originally the most sensible thing to do would've been to keep the majority of the team intact and only introduce minor additions.

But now that we've recieved an astronomical bid for a player in the best covered department of the team, an opportunity to bring the team's overall quality up a notch has presented itself.It's no longer about the issue of fixing problems in the team, with this kind of money we have the chance to consolidate our success and mend the holes in the squad at the same time.When you get a bid as large as this one,it can really change your objectives for the off season.

This team was more dependent on Zidane than it is on Zlatan at the moment; surely you concede that.And Zlatan will never be as good as Zidane was or is now.Believe me.We also have the players neccessary to fill in for him;hell,we could buy another world class forward with his transfer fee and still have a decent sum left over!Selling Zidane was a huge risk at a time when the team was in shambles and we had a horrible coach who knew nothing about the team's strengths-he was probably the only hope we had left.Selling Zlatan,however,represents a fantastic piece of business and comes with fewer implications.I think I can safely say none of our forwards has disappointed overall this season,taking into consideration injuries,suspensions etc. With the addition of Mutu,Zlatan leaving is a risk I'm willing to take.

The trophies we've won over the years have been a product of Moggi's continued selling of our most reputable players.I used to resent it but I understand now; Moggi's policies have brought us success, and I see little reason for them to change now.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
But again, we don't need an entire team overhaul and if we did we could sell Trezeguet, Zambrotta, and/or Emerson for a good sum of money. We have other options here Desmond, a lot of other options. We don't have to sell Zlatan to make a few nice changes to the side.

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
We wouldn’t have won the scudetto if it wasn’t for Zlatan he carried our team this season, people are not giving Zlatan enough credit

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
But again, we don't need an entire team overhaul and if we did we could sell Trezeguet, Zambrotta, and/or Emerson for a good sum of money. We have other options here Desmond, a lot of other options. We don't have to sell Zlatan to make a few nice changes to the side.
Dont you get it? Why would you want to sell Trezeguet, Zambrotta and Emerson, when you could make the same amount of money selling Zlatan? It would crazy to sell three of your stalwarts for 1 potential superstar. Think about the amount of adjustment we'd need if we shot ourselves in the foot selling three players when all the talk from our camp is about increasing depth.

++ [ originally posted by VOnAm ] ++
I get you on this baggio I know he is very versatile, i was mentioning position especially at LB because earlier somebody posted that its not easy to replace Zambrotta at LB, while I think there are many others.
But as in terms of his versatility, no doubt he is very important. Dont forget he is perhaps my favorite player at Juve.
Nonetheless I still wouldnt sell Zlatan for 70 million and Im glad he wants tp achieve alot with Juventus.
I never mentioned anything about Zambro being irreplaceable at LB. ;) In fact, if anything, ive always preferred him on the wing, because that frees him up a lot more, and his speed to me, could be detrimental against opponents. Its his presence on the field, and in the squad that gives us the flexibility of formation, which your going to have to need if your plying your trade in three different competitions during the course of a season. Not to mention, his proven consistency, which is simply unmistakable.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Menace ] ++
We wouldn’t have won the scudetto if it wasn’t for Zlatan he carried our team this season, people are not giving Zlatan enough credit
Thats simply not true on many levels. First, he definitely did not carry the team, he played an important role but hasnt in any stretch carry the team on his shoulders, not that anyone expected him to. As far as people not giving him credit, if anything he's overrated many people here equate his recruiting to the second coming. Plus he was voted most overrated player in this board ;)

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Altair ] ++

Thats simply not true on many levels. First, he definitely did not carry the team, he played an important role but hasnt in any stretch carry the team on his shoulders, not that anyone expected him to. As far as people not giving him credit, if anything he's overrated many people here equate his recruiting to the second coming. Plus he was voted most overrated player in this board ;)
He did carry the team in some games, That’s why people here doesn’t give him enough credit when our best forward gets the most overrated player award

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Dont you get it? Why would you want to sell Trezeguet, Zambrotta and Emerson, when you could make the same amount of money selling Zlatan? It would crazy to sell three of your stalwarts for 1 potential superstar. Think about the amount of adjustment we'd need if we shot ourselves in the foot selling three players when all the talk from our camp is about increasing depth.
No I don't get it. :rolleyes:

I didn't say sell all three, I meant one of them or a combination of two. Infact with selling just one of them we would get enough money to make some very nice adjustments in the summer. Of course selling all three at the same time would be absolutely ridiculous and perhaps even two, but with the sale of one we could certainly make do, especially in the case of Zambrotta who IMO we could let go.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Menace ] ++

He did carry the team in some games, That’s why people here doesn’t give him enough credit when our best forward gets the most overrated player award
I actually raised the same point earlier, a bit too circular of a concept "overrated" but it would hold true as long as it stays on the individual level, the overrated branding that is:). Anyhoo, Zlatan is a very promising, entertaining, and an exceptional player; just not worth saying no to 70Mil right now.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I prefer to hold onto our best forward whose at the ripe age of 23. Milan held onto Shevchenko, Arsenal kept Henry, Real gave Raul the captain's armband, Atletico Madrid is keeping Torres. I would like to keep our best player for a change too, especially only seeing him for a measely one season.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I would like that too, but I like winning more. and that money would help that cause more in my opinion. It has always been the Juve way and looking back our track record over the past 10-15 years i would take over any other team on style/performence barometer.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I prefer to hold onto our best forward whose at the ripe age of 23. Milan held onto Shevchenko, Arsenal kept Henry, Real gave Raul the captain's armband, Atletico Madrid is keeping Torres. I would like to keep our best player for a change too, especially only seeing him for a measely one season.
Remember we too have done that with Del Piero, and that has held us back. Liverpool let go of Michael Owen at the right time, and see where they are today.

Aug 1, 2003

I brought Del Piero into this subject because I suspected some people would have changed their mind if it was Ale up on the auction block. I have heard it too many times frankly.

Now for Zlatan you cannot deny he is a very talented player and one of the greatest young players on earth. Not too many could have settled so nicely into Serie A during his first season and become Juventus' best forward after only a few months at the club.

Doesn't have half the talents of DP? Are you sure about that? Seriously?

I just don't feel good about giving Zlatan away just yet. I have watched every single Juventus match this year and I see something special in Zlatan, something that very few are able to replicate. His ball skills, his speed, his strength, his eagerness to play, and most importantly his confidence are all qualities that lead to success. And not to mention Zlatan's expectations of himself; his eagerness to become the best in the world. He has his own bar set very high, and tell me what other players set their bars that high? Again, from what I've seen this season Zlatan has the world at his feet and I seriously think he could become the world's best forward in the coming years. He has all the tools necessary to become the best.

Sure, everyone would love the money. But I just have this gut feeling that selling Zlatan would be the wrong decision. Nobody and no money is going to be able to extricate my feelings on this matter.
Fair enough... Its a matter of different beliefs. You and I both agree that Zlatan should stay, only I would prefer to sell him than Zambro because I put Zambro at a higher value.

Although, personally I think a new player's tough season will come in the second, not the first. Like you said Zlatan has the tools, it'll be interesting to see how he performs next season.

Aug 1, 2003

No I don't get it. :rolleyes:

I didn't say sell all three, I meant one of them or a combination of two. Infact with selling just one of them we would get enough money to make some very nice adjustments in the summer. Of course selling all three at the same time would be absolutely ridiculous and perhaps even two, but with the sale of one we could certainly make do, especially in the case of Zambrotta who IMO we could let go.
But if the bid is higher for Zlatan as according to this thread, why not use the money to improve our squad ? We might not need to transform it totally as we did with Zidane's but if the opportunity's there, lets just take it. Zlatan is a player we can afford to let go of even if we dont want to do so.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Remember we too have done that with Del Piero, and that has held us back. Liverpool let go of Michael Owen at the right time, and see where they are today.
You could say the same with Shevchenko. Look at what he was doing two years ago right now. :(

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Normally I would say something like 'no player is worth 70 million' but after his superb first season I think Ibrahimovic isn't even near his potential. Let's keep him for next season at the very least, after that he will be worth more then 70 million.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)