Real Madrid bid 70 mil Euro for Zlatan (3 Viewers)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Well my question was to Desmond because I think he definately would have said no to the sale of Del Piero at any time.
My point is that it'd be dumb to dismiss a 70m bid for anyone(including Del Piero) without consideration.Every player has his price,better players have had better,longer periods of success in Serie A and left for less than 70m.You may think I'm a horribly biased fan of Del Piero who considers his love for Pinturrichio to be secondary to that for La Vecchia Signora; I beg to differ.Anyway,my point is that this is an exceptional piece of business if we pull it off,and we should continue doing what we've always done (selling whenever necessary) given our track record.

To quote an earlier post of mine:

Does anyone think that Zlatan's brilliant season is a better precedent for success than the number of trophies we've won over the years?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 1, 2003
I would sell DP for 70 mil. He is honestly one of the best players I've seen but we know that he is inconsistent on the pitch. Plus replacing him on the pitch wont pose a big problem.

Really, Zambro's consistency, security and hardwork are all reasons why I do not want him to be sold. All he ever did was improve and gave us his all throughout the years. He never disappoints. I wouldnt want to sell a player like that. A player with such security for Juve.

Andy, just asking - why are you asking about Del Piero? Are you comparing selling Zlatan and Del Piero? If you are, well, I think thats a bit strange as personally I believe that even if DP was not who he was Zlatan still doesnt have half the talents DP does now. Some of you talk of Zlatan as if hes the greatest thing in this world :undecide:

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
I would sell DP for 70 mil. He is honestly one of the best players I've seen but we know that he is inconsistent on the pitch. Plus replacing him on the pitch wont pose a big problem.

Really, Zambro's consistency, security and hardwork are all reasons why I do not want him to be sold. All he ever did was improve and gave us his all throughout the years. He never disappoints. I wouldnt want to sell a player like that. A player with such security for Juve.

Andy, just asking - why are you asking about Del Piero? Are you comparing selling Zlatan and Del Piero? If you are, well, I think thats a bit strange as personally I believe that even if DP was not who he was Zlatan still doesnt have half the talents DP does now. Some of you talk of Zlatan as if hes the greatest thing in this world :undecide:
He is, Van Basten and Moggi think so and half of sweden as well :D

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Uh huh.

Besides, nobody in his right mind is going to bid 70m for Del Piero either.:groan:

Dec 26, 2004

Andy, just asking - why are you asking about Del Piero? Are you comparing selling Zlatan and Del Piero? If you are, well, I think thats a bit strange as personally I believe that even if DP was not who he was Zlatan still doesnt have half the talents DP does now . Some of you talk of Zlatan as if hes the greatest thing in this world :undecide:
So true....

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002

Andy, just asking - why are you asking about Del Piero? Are you comparing selling Zlatan and Del Piero? If you are, well, I think thats a bit strange as personally I believe that even if DP was not who he was Zlatan still doesnt have half the talents DP does now . Some of you talk of Zlatan as if hes the greatest thing in this world :undecide:
r u shure about this :D

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Zlatan doesnt have half of DP's talent? My god, dont temp me to start a DP argument here.
you talk like there's nobody better than DP....Sure before 98 DP was world class but he wasnt the best then, and after 98 he wasnt even among the best.

Anyhow back to the Zambrotta versus Zlatan thing, I think its a little bit too much to compare Zambrotta's role to Juve and Makelele's to Madrid.
Zambrotta is great, infact my favorite at Juve since he got here. But the fact is that there are many players that can play at LB without destroying the whole team, I think Zambrotta's true strength is at attacking winger. Zlatan is a great player and one with so much still ahead, he may not be THEe greatest thing in football yet, but he has the potentials to be one of them.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Anyone can give Del Piero stick for his performances.But please, don't even think of questioning his talent.His gift for the game is superlative.

All that talk about pre- and post-98 is about his form and performance; all of that may have changed but his talent hasn't.Please don't mix them up.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
@Vonam: Its not the positions of those players, or the role of those players that are being compared. Its what they bring to the team: a certain balance and consistency. The fact remains, when Zambro is on the pitch, he brings a balance and versatility that could allow us to switch formations, effortlessly. Zlatan doesnt have that, for all the talent in the world. And at 70 Million, I'd say, we could use the money rather than his talent.

Aug 1, 2003
Zlatan has the potential. Zlatan could be. Zlatan would be. You can say Zlatan's the future. But Zambrotta is our past, present and future. He is a player that we are sure of will not let us down. How on earth can you choose to sell a player who has given you absolutely good things for YEARS and still continue to do so over a player who MIGHT give good things to us? How can you choose to sell a player who has such a balanced skill in both defence AND attack whose quality is proven and on par with Cafu's over a player who has massive talents yes but has shown stints of weakness in some games?

Zlatan can offer us a lot of things in the future because fact does remain he is a good player. But I would rather risk selling him than Zambrotta whos a proven player and a security for Juventus. You can try and get Janks or Chiellini but both are not AS good as zambro.

May 4, 2004

:LOL:
:rofl:

What a big Joke?? even Del Piero himself would dissagree with you..!!!
and we all (dp LOVERS not included) know its the other way around!!! What dp can with a ball, Zlatan can with an orange!!

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
Ibra sees golden Juve future Thursday 26 May, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has rubbished talk of a move to Real Madrid by committing his future to Juventus.

The Swedish international has been linked with a £48m switch to Spain but the attacker has other plans.

"I’m very happy here," said the summer signing from Ajax. "Only by staying here will I have the opportunity of winning the Golden Ball."

Ibra has instantly settled into the world of Italian football, scoring 16 goals as the Bianconeri won Lo Scudetto.

"It was a great achievement," he continued. "I’m happy for myself and my teammates who hadn’t won the title before, especially Fabio Cannavaro."

Although the 23-year-old is delighted with the League win, their European Cup exit to eventual winners Liverpool was a disappointment.

"Our objective for next season is undoubtedly the Champions’ League," concluded the international striker.

The Bianconeri have also insisted that Ibrahimovic is untransferable no matter what bids they are offered.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Menace ] ++
"I’m happy for myself and my teammates who hadn’t won the title before, especially Fabio Cannavaro."
I noticed Zlatan and Canna sharing a big hug after the match against Livorno; they seem to be pretty chummy :D

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++

Nice to hear that somebody else thinks this way, like I mentioned before, Zambo may be good and versitile but I think he is less rare than Zlatan. I think Chiellini could do Zambo's job rather well, and its not like we will deteriorate if we put Chiellini there. Although I still think Zambo played consistantly this season which is very good for the team.

Im really a Zambo fan so I dont expect him to be sold (I really want him to be in a more attacking role), i was merely trying to show the importance of Zlatan on the team and why we shouldn't sell him if infact Madrid offered us such money.

As I said before also, its best to sell players at their peak and probably will past it in a few years, that'll be the most profitable time to sell, I think Zlatan is far from his peak.
I think that Chiellini is not proven player...he plays for Fiorentina who will be probably relegated.You cannot compare that 2 players.
Secon of all,Zambro is undoubtedly the best fullback in the world,at the moment.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I brought Del Piero into this subject because I suspected some people would have changed their mind if it was Ale up on the auction block. I have heard it too many times frankly.

Now for Zlatan you cannot deny he is a very talented player and one of the greatest young players on earth. Not too many could have settled so nicely into Serie A during his first season and become Juventus' best forward after only a few months at the club.

Doesn't have half the talents of DP? Are you sure about that? Seriously?

I just don't feel good about giving Zlatan away just yet. I have watched every single Juventus match this year and I see something special in Zlatan, something that very few are able to replicate. His ball skills, his speed, his strength, his eagerness to play, and most importantly his confidence are all qualities that lead to success. And not to mention Zlatan's expectations of himself; his eagerness to become the best in the world. He has his own bar set very high, and tell me what other players set their bars that high? Again, from what I've seen this season Zlatan has the world at his feet and I seriously think he could become the world's best forward in the coming years. He has all the tools necessary to become the best.

Sure, everyone would love the money. But I just have this gut feeling that selling Zlatan would be the wrong decision. Nobody and no money is going to be able to extricate my feelings on this matter.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
Wasn't that the case for Zidane as well?
Sure it was, except for the fact we didn't win anything for years with Zidane in the team and we needed to reshape the entire squad back then. Currently we do not need to reshape the entire team, only needing some work here and there, and we also have other players we could sell to bring us a good sum of money. The more I think about this the more I realize we don't need to sell Zlatan.

So no, there is no comparison between the situations, Desmond.

Jan 7, 2004
Zlatan has the potential. Zlatan could be. Zlatan would be. You can say Zlatan's the future. But Zambrotta is our past, present and future. He is a player that we are sure of will not let us down. How on earth can you choose to sell a player who has given you absolutely good things for YEARS and still continue to do so over a player who MIGHT give good things to us? How can you choose to sell a player who has such a balanced skill in both defence AND attack whose quality is proven and on par with Cafu's over a player who has massive talents yes but has shown stints of weakness in some games?

Zlatan can offer us a lot of things in the future because fact does remain he is a good player. But I would rather risk selling him than Zambrotta whos a proven player and a security for Juventus. You can try and get Janks or Chiellini but both are not AS good as zambro.

people do crazy things for crazy money

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)