vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boksic

May 11, 2005
5/10 for me.

+ve
- No big sale.
- Kulusevski but we signed him in the previous window.
- Got rid of some players who clearly had reached the end of their time here.

-ve
- Didn't bring any income for Costa, Higuain, Matuidi, De Sciglio. Seems like we had to pay a large chunk of Higuain's salary and possibly Matuidi too.
- Khedira still here on a high wage. Costa and De Sciglio will be back here next season and have the same problem again but both 1 year older.
- Huge fees committed for Morata and Chiesa, both higher than they should have been based on their performances last season. I wouldn't have been against signing either at a lower fee though.
- Loss made on Romero, who could have been useful in a back 3.
- Wide areas still look weak, particularly on the left.
- Midfield could have done with an increase in quality (I'm not convinced in McKennie or Arthur, although Arthur looked good vs Roma).
- Bonucci still here.

It is a very hard window to judge though given the circumstances. Sarri leaving is the best thing that could have happened.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
I give it an 8/10, it could have been higher if we had managed to get rid of Khedira and sign Aouar. I’m very happy with the decision to sack Sarri and excited to see what Pirlo will bring to the team in terms of creativity, grinta and tactic adaptability. Tici deserves credit for his tremendous work given the current circumstances, he managed to liberate the club’s wage bill off some heavy numbers within a short period of time. It sure looked dark at the start of the tunnel but now we should be seeing some light as the team works and progresses through the season. Fino Alla Fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rainhard

May 5, 2004
With this covid situation, i will give this mercato as 8/10. Especially if our deadwood shine on loan and we can really sell them for $$

Sent from my RMX1921 using Tapatalk

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
5/10 for me.

+ve
- No big sale.
- Kulusevski but we signed him in the previous window.
- Got rid of some players who clearly had reached the end of their time here.

-ve
- Didn't bring any income for Costa, Higuain, Matuidi, De Sciglio. Seems like we had to pay a large chunk of Higuain's salary and possibly Matuidi too.
- Khedira still here on a high wage. Costa and De Sciglio will be back here next season and have the same problem again but both 1 year older.
- Huge fees committed for Morata and Chiesa, both higher than they should have been based on their performances last season. I wouldn't have been against signing either at a lower fee though.
- Loss made on Romero, who could have been useful in a back 3.
- Wide areas still look weak, particularly on the left.
- Midfield could have done with an increase in quality (I'm not convinced in McKennie or Arthur, although Arthur looked good vs Roma).
- Bonucci still here.

It is a very hard window to judge though given the circumstances. Sarri leaving is the best thing that could have happened.
You are entitled to your opinion of course, but I think you’re being too harsh.
All the negatives you mentioned are due to mistakes we’ve made in the past. No one wants to buy injury prone, old players on high wages. I don’t blame the management for not getting transfer fees for our loans and sales. We did manage to cut 60 million of our wage bill though and got a hefty plusvalenza on Pjanic.
Our entire team has been revitalised and rejuvenated- we have depth in every position, and unlike last year that depth is made of fit and young players.
I would’ve loved to sign Aouar and another good fullback, but that was always going to be difficult, given how many players we already have in those positions.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
We haven't the faintest idea how the new players will perform. It could be one of the best windows in a long time or a total disaster.

So anything above 7 is too much tbh. BUT i feel overly optimistic so 7.5 it is and given the circumstances (covid) at least we got rid of most of the deadwood.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
You are entitled to your opinion of course, but I think you’re being too harsh.
All the negatives you mentioned are due to mistakes we’ve made in the past. No one wants to buy injury prone, old players on high wages. I don’t blame the management for not getting transfer fees for our loans and sales. We did manage to cut 60 million of our wage bill though and got a hefty plusvalenza on Pjanic.
Our entire team has been revitalised and rejuvenated- we have depth in every position, and unlike last year that depth is made of fit and young players.
I would’ve loved to sign Aouar and another good fullback, but that was always going to be difficult, given how many players we already have in those positions.
Time will tell how good a market it was. If Arthur, Morata and Chiesa are a success the window would end up being a good one. I'm not that convinced on any of them but was pleasantly surprised with Arthur vs Roma.

We made a plusvalenza on Pjanic but we also will now have a hefty amortisation on Arthur.

Our team has been rejuvenated with some younger players. I'm just not convinced that they were a good use of our budget and how successful they will be.

Completely agree that a lot of our issues were due to Marotta's deals but to not get anything at all and have Costa and De Sciglio coming back to have the same issues next summer is a negative for me. We saved on wages but we had to pay a large portion of Higuain's wages to convince him to leave. He contract expired next summer anyway, so we may not have saved very much. We may have done the same with Matuidi.

As you say the rating is just a personal opinion. I'm sure others rate Chiesa, Morata, McKennie and Arthur higher than I do and would give a higher score.

I like that the players seem suited to what Pirlo is looking to do and they can bring a bit of energy that we needed.

Last edited:

athas

Jul 15, 2007
Completely agree that a lot of our issues were due to Marotta's deals but to not get anything at all and have Costa and De Sciglio coming back to have the same issues next summer is a nagative for me. We saved on wages but we had to pay a large portion of Higuain's wages to convince him to leave. He contract expired next summer anyway, so we may not have saved very much. We may have done the same with Matuidi.
Are you sure? I thought we don't have to pay Higuain's and Matuidi's wages.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
A solid 7.5

Arthur is an upgrade to the Pjanic that slowly degraded and was in danger of becoming dead wood. A masterstroke from Tici. When Barca fan boys cry they lost one of their most talented midfielders, you know you did really well.

Mckennie can be an upgrade on matuidi, but for me that's a big maybe. Yes he has started off well but we replaced a starter to what is a nobody and hoping his talent will do the job. He is a Roma or Milan type of player, certainly not Juve quality. He also took that non-EU spot and the way I see it, you have to bring in real quality for that spot. I have huge reservations about him.

Kulusevski. The more I see him the more I'm impressed he really is a gem, and one we can nurture to become one of the best out there. It's the type of signing a top club would have made and we showed that.

Morata. I'm 50-50 on Morata, I actually preferred and was excited on Suarez, more so for a short term boost and he will do everything to win. I'm really hoping Morata shows the flair, the tactical presence that we need.

Chiesa. Looks like another masterstroke. Pricey but one I feel optimistic about, mainly because he has to be in the top 5 or 10 most talented players in the league last year. I really like his ability to run at people and mainly run into spaces. It's a shame about Costa because id have a fit Costa over chiesa as Costa does the incredible while Chiesa passing and looking out for others really ups our creativity. With that all said, like most here I'm not sure where Pirlo intends to play him as playing him out of position is a risk and this could backfire.

The big negative is not bringing in a left (wing) back. Fabrotta is a gamble, I love the enthusiasm of someone solid and nothing to lose, but no we are not a mid level club, Fabrotta should be promoted if he impressed for u23 against proper opposition and not just in training.

Getting rid of Higgy and Matuidi is great, but not without feeling some of the loss and I guess that's all our dealings from the past that came to bite us in the ass. Khedira will go to, eventually, I'm just glad we didn't bring anymore dead wood and players that actually have resale value.

Rugani and Di sciglio are a strange bunch of loans, we just saved the problem for another day. It's so hard to judge a window based on getting rid of deadwood because all top clubs suffer from this sadly.

Our midfield problems are not solved and neither is fullbacks but im loving this new direction to bring young and exciting quality and at least for entertainments sake I can't wait to watch them strut their stuff!

We've taken some gambles, lost some direction but all in all its a positive mercato.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
With all the money spent we still havent added a guaranteed star in the middle of the park, but if Arthur and Mckennie pans out (or Ramsey and Rabiot pick up form) I guess its good enough.
Our midfield is 10 times better than Barcas. Some teams have a stronger midfield, but we've closed the gap a lot, and with the resources and expectations I had, I think Paratici has done very well.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Gave it 7, maybe 7+ would be the right grade for it.

Getting rid of Piggy and Blaise = :tup:
Signing Morata and ChiesaGuti = :bow:
Swapping Pjanic for Arthur = :tup: :xfingers:
Loaning out DC, MDS and Raguno = :tup:
Signing McNuggets =:boh:
Not getting rid of sami = :pado:
Not getting rid of Szeszssny = :pado:
Making BernaGuti our Starting LWB = :bow:

Not getting any money whatsoever from our leeches is meh. And we will probably be in deep shit next summer when those loans expire (and when we need to pay some more for Atletico and Viola)

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Kulusevski wasn't signed during this summer mercato. Thus he shouldn't have any effect on these ratings.
Topic is to rate our summer mercato, so of course you are right. He's a newcomer though, just like the rest who came this summer, so I guess it's up to the individual how he sees it, he joined the team this summer, can't remember if we had a rate our winter mercato poll, but if we had one, Dejan should have been part of that poll and not this one...

Regardless, super transfer, tons of potential, no matter winter or summer signing, Kulusevski is a very, very nice coup...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)