Rate our summer mercato (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Chiesa is a wonderful buy in my opinion. Let’s see if I am proven right.

Morata is a nice addition and a better rotation option than Higuain.

Kulusevski is a very exciting prospect (although technically he doesn’t count as a part of this window)

Arthur looks interesting. McKennie looks useful.

We addressed some issues glaring issues (lack of attacking depth). But our midfield is still not fixed in my opinion. Arthur and McKennie are all decent signings but not stars.

I give it a 7.5 for now.

On another note, we have done a good job trimming the deadwood out. Pjanic, Higuain, Matuidi, Rugani, Costa, De Sciglio... only Kebab Sr is left.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Im pretty damn happy with the current team tbh. I knew after Ronaldo and De Ligt we didn’t have much money, so to actually get Chiesa, Mckennie, Arthur, Morata and Kulusevski to our 2020/2021 season. It feels like our players are having a good time and i think we got something special going on for sure. Buffon, Chiellini, Pirlo and Ronaldo couldn’t be better examples for our young players tbh. so i expect them our team being motivated as ever.

I’ll give it 9, just because i knew how much we’ve spent previous 2 years and the whole covid situation.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
7/10

We got rid of a lot of deadwood, replaced a lot of old players with young prospects and did all this with a limited budget.

There are quite a few negatives though. Our full-back situation was horrible, and now it's even worse than before since De Shitlio and Pellegrini are out. We're obviously going to play with a 3-at the back hybrid now, but I don't feel that players like Chiesa and Kulusevski are super adept to handle the position. I wish we went for Gosens and Hakimi while they were available since they are more suitable to the position. Let's see how Pirlo is gonna handle it.

We also just moved a couple of problems for next season instead of dealing with them. Costa, De Shitlio and Rugani are all coming back for that fat payday. Khedira is still in the squad, altough I think we did everything that we could with him I believe.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I liked the clear objective of getting younger talent. Kulusevski and Chiesa both have the potential to be world class. Even if Arthur is another Pjanic, he’s at least six years younger. I love McKennie. I wanted Dzeko, but Morata is a decent alternative who’s proven himself in champions league.

As for fullbacks, I guess it all just depends on Frabotta. Not sure what we have in him yet, but the club obviously has some level of faith in him.

The best move though may have been Pirlo. Dunno how the season will play out, but it’s pretty obvious players respect and like playing for him. That usually leads to success. We’ll see.

7.5/10

Strickland

May 17, 2019
With all the money spent we still havent added a guaranteed star in the middle of the park, but if Arthur and Mckennie pans out (or Ramsey and Rabiot pick up form) I guess its good enough.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
well we bought what our coach wanted. I would rate it 8.5:
- Arthur and McKennie brings fresh blood to our midfield and with Rabiot starting to play well I think we are much stronger in mid than last year,
- Kulusevski and Chiesa are good and young attackers having high hopes for them and while Morata is a question mark for me I think he will do go here. With Dybala here we didnt actually need a star for CF spot, I could imagine that if Suarez would come here, we would see Kulu and Chiesa benched forever,
- defence is definitely stronger than last year, with come backs of Demiral and Chiellini,

What we lacked? WC player for midfield, the players we bought have potential, but are not guaranteed success.
Im also afraid about that left side, is Frabotta ready to be Sandro rival?

- - - Updated - - -

also our wage structure is like 30m less than last year and thats a great thing. Next year it should be even lower with Khedira finally fucks off.
Also im now waiting for Dybalas new contract.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
With all the money spent we still havent added a guaranteed star in the middle of the park, but if Arthur and Mckennie pans out (or Ramsey and Rabiot pick up form) I guess its good enough.
you mean Pjanic or matuidi? Maybe the current crop should compete for it.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
In terms of who arrived & left, it's a pretty solid mercato.
We'll have to see how useful some of these new guys will turn out to be, but rejuvenation was obviously long overdue.

I do wonder if any U23 players are supposed to join the first team. The team currently doesn't look complete.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
8.5 in my eyes.
It’s more of a mercato for the future. Kulu, Arthur, McKennie & Chiesa are all long term additions that will have resale value and have potential

Morata was a solid addition as a back up and keeps Dybala and Ronaldo as the pairing up top which is good news.

Plus we got rid of Matuidi, Higuain, De Sciglio, Rugani & Costa (shame but his injuries let him down). All in all this has been a good window and we’ve brought the squad age down significantly

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
7/10

The biggest positive is lowering the average age of the squad. And bringing in a bunch of players who can run, press and counter attack.

Much better than last years disaster of a transfer window. And in much tougher circumstances too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)