Raffaele Palladino (6 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Juventus young gun Raffaele Palladino has admitted that he’s disappointed with the transfer tales which are linking his club to new strikers.
Palladino is widely considered as one of the most promising youngsters around and confirmed his ability with a hat-trick against Triestina on Monday night, which allowed the Old Lady to move six points clear of second-placed Napoli.
Having netted eight goals in Serie B already this term, the Under-21 international is eyeing a glittering Juventus career – if he is given the chance.
“For a young player like me it is crucial to play in order to improve and grow,” stated the former Salernitana ace.
“However, it does sadden me when I read that Juventus are looking for new strikers ahead of next season.
“Nevertheless, I am serene for now because I feel the trust of Coach Didier Deschamps and that is the most important thing.
“We will see what happens. Of course everything would change if I never had a chance to play, but I am sure this will not happen.
“I like this club, Juventus have given me everything.”
The former Bianconeri Primavera star has been in fine form over the last few months after he also netted the winner against Treviso.
“This is a beautiful moment for me and I’m enjoying it, it’s a dream,” he added. “I must continue this way, by keeping my feet on the ground as too many compliments can go to your head.”
The 22-year-old has already been nicknamed 'Palladinho’ by President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli, whereas some have compared him to Marco Van Basten and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
However, Palladino is aware that he’s only at the start of a prosperous career and that he is by no means the finished article.
“Myself like Van Basten? I think it’s an exaggeration, he is one of the strongest players of all time, although my hero has always been Alex Del Piero,” he noted.
“For the time being I don’t consider myself as a starter having Del Piero and David Trezeguet ahead of me. When David returns [after the ban], I will step aside.”

Source: Football Italia
Amazing attitude, simply amazing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Why does buying a new striker sadden Palladino ? Bojinov is not ours, Zalayeta is pretty much useless, Del Piero cannot carry the whole team for many years and Juventus probably thinks Trezeguet´s future in Juventus is still cloudy, so it is reasonable to think about buying new strikers.

What I fear that Palladino will not be given too many chances once we buy some quality players as the past gives me the reason to worry about that. Juventus always tends to look for quality and experiences strikers while they have a wonderkid in the squad.

I can only hope Deschamps will change that trend as he seems to rate young players highly.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Why does buying a new striker sadden Palladino ? Bojinov is not ours, Zalayeta is pretty much useless, Del Piero cannot carry the whole team for many years and Juventus probably thinks Trezeguet´s future in Juventus is still cloudy, so it is reasonable to think about buying new strikers.

What I fear that Palladino will not be given too many chances once we buy some quality players as the past gives me the reason to worry about that. Juventus always tends to look for quality and experiences strikers while they have a wonderkid in the squad.
I can only hope Deschamps will change that trend as he seems to rate young players highly.
You answered your own question, mate.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
if we keep all our current strikers i dont think we will need to buy another striker so palla shouldnt be too upset, if we sell though we must buy, if only for strength in depth

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
If Trezeguet goes down, or DP, look at our replacements. Hot young prospects are far from being proven commodities. Regardless of what we do, I think we need one more striker. So what if training camp is ulta competitive. One player will be riding the bench more than the rest. That is not the teams problem. That will be their problem. We can't afford to be thin at striker because we want to make everyone happy and not have anyone competing with anyone in practice. Please. We need some legitamate depth here. I am a huge fan of Bojin and Palla, but they can't adequately cover for DP or Trez yet. They are nice to throw in and give playing time to, but not in a crunch. Not yet.

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
I think we need to get one proven striker like Pizarro (although I agree that his attitude could cause problems) who is good with headers, too, since we don't have many players that are good with headers.

Sometimes DP and Trez will be injured or suspended. I don't think we can start many games with unproven strikers if we want to get a place in Europe. Boji and Palla are not ready for that yet.

DP and Trez (or his replacement) to start, Palla as substitute for DP and Pizarro as substitute for Trez (or his replacement). Plus we have Boji who could mainly be used as an attacking left winger since he has a good cross, but could play as a striker when we have suspension/injury problems upfront.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)