Raffaele Palladino (3 Viewers)

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Palladino has been improving a lot this season and I am starting to really beleive that he can play at the next level. With Del Piero as a mentor, he could share time with him next year, and really have a chance at adequately filling DP's shoes one day. I am very excited now, I just hope this is not a come and go situation for the youngster.

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

DD sees Palla potential
Tuesday 20 March, 2007

Coach Didier Deschamps has praised Raffaele Palladino after his hat-trick guided Juventus to a commanding win over Triestina.

The young marksman was the hero in a scrappy 1-0 win over Treviso last week and made the difference again with his first hat-trick in a Juventus shirt last night.

“Palladino could become a star. He’s proving what great potential he has if he can find consistency,” the French boss stated in a post-match interview.

Having fallen behind in the opening stages, Juve bounced back to thrash their mid-table opponents 5-1, moving six points clear of second-placed Napoli and easing the pressure on the ex-Monaco man.

“After two games where we were less than brilliant this evening was much better,” Deschamps admitted.

“Triestina’s approach suited us as their defence played further up the field and we took full advantage.”

Palladino earned a reputation as one of Juve’s brightest youth prospects, with 41 goals in 61 games for the Primavera between 2002 and 2004, and an impressive 15-goal haul while on loan to Salernitana.

“I’m happy with my goals but most of all with the way we played as a team,” the Azzurrini marksman insisted.

“We did exactly what the boss wanted us to do and gave a strong signal to all our challengers. There’s a long way to go but if we carry on playing like that I don’t think we’ll have any problems.”

However, despite earning the nickname 'Palladinho’ from club President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli, the Neapolitan striker refused to call for a regular first team place.

“I think it’s a bit of an exaggeration to talk of taking David Trezeguet’s starting place,” he added.

“David is a superb striker and I just want to take advantage of my chances.”

Palladino will be given another chance to impress in the club’s next game at Pescara as Trezeguet’s latest appeal against a three-match ban for an elbow on Brescia’s Fabiano Santacroce has been rejected.

Juve’s next game may not be until March 31 though as the Week 30 round has been switched to May 1 and their tie with Napoli may be postponed because of international call-ups.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's really keeping his feet on the ground, his head is in the right place, he could most certainly have a great future with us.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Everything looks good from here. That was a VERY impressive performance. The most encouraging thing is that he can score when he isn't even having a great game, like we saw last game.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
it just shows you that a player who at the start of the season was 5th choice striker is now fighting trez for a first team place. He's really impressed me this season even though i always thought he would be a great player, i did some maths last night and worked out he has scored 0.72 goals per 90 mins this season, not bad at all for someone that played 5 games on the left wing

sacrer

Nov 6, 2006
A GREAT PLAYER!!! Palladinho as Cobolli called him... I think he is gonna be great! we just need to give him some space in the squad to grow..

However i would like to point out that he is 22-23 years old, so he's not very young, its his time to shine!

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
A GREAT PLAYER!!! Palladinho as Cobolli called him... I think he is gonna be great! we just need to give him some space in the squad to grow..

However i would like to point out that he is 22-23 years old, so he's not very young, its his time to shine!
italians very rarely emerge at yonger than 22, gilardino was around 22 when he shot to fame

Geof

May 14, 2004
It's great to see one of our youngsters shine!

I hope Ciro is working hard on preparing us a couple of young guns for the years to come.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Zola: Palladino Remids Me of Van Basten

Zola is confident that one man will stand out for the Azzurrini this weekend, especially after bagging a hat-trick for Juventus in the 5-1 victory over Triestina.

Technically, Raffaele Palladino is incredibly strong. It’s easy to predict a great future ahead of him. By the way he moves he reminds me of Marco Van Basten, but he is also able to go deep and adapt to different attacking roles.”

Palladino is expected to start upfront against England, although Cesena forward Graziano Pellè is also hoping for an appearance.

Channel 4

K0STA

Jul 12, 2006
I think it is clear that we should raise one- or two our own stars like we've done beforee,, and I think Juve's got good materials to work one... e.g. palladino :)

Definetaly Prospective 50-60 milion worth player :) God bless him and let him avoid injuries;

Forza Pala!!!! Way to go Kid!

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005

Zola is confident that one man will stand out for the Azzurrini this weekend, especially after bagging a hat-trick for Juventus in the 5-1 victory over Triestina.

Technically, Raffaele Palladino is incredibly strong. It’s easy to predict a great future ahead of him. By the way he moves he reminds me of Marco Van Basten, but he is also able to go deep and adapt to different attacking roles.”

Palladino is expected to start upfront against England, although Cesena forward Graziano Pellè is also hoping for an appearance.

Channel 4
just a little bit over the top there Zola cant u be realistic!

Geof

May 14, 2004

Channel 4
The last Juventus player who was compared to Van Basten was Zlatan. I would've picked another reference... :angry2:

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Juventus young gun Raffaele Palladino has admitted that he’s disappointed with the transfer tales which are linking his club to new strikers.
Palladino is widely considered as one of the most promising youngsters around and confirmed his ability with a hat-trick against Triestina on Monday night, which allowed the Old Lady to move six points clear of second-placed Napoli.
Having netted eight goals in Serie B already this term, the Under-21 international is eyeing a glittering Juventus career – if he is given the chance.
“For a young player like me it is crucial to play in order to improve and grow,” stated the former Salernitana ace.
“However, it does sadden me when I read that Juventus are looking for new strikers ahead of next season.
“Nevertheless, I am serene for now because I feel the trust of Coach Didier Deschamps and that is the most important thing.
“We will see what happens. Of course everything would change if I never had a chance to play, but I am sure this will not happen.
“I like this club, Juventus have given me everything.”
The former Bianconeri Primavera star has been in fine form over the last few months after he also netted the winner against Treviso.
“This is a beautiful moment for me and I’m enjoying it, it’s a dream,” he added. “I must continue this way, by keeping my feet on the ground as too many compliments can go to your head.”
The 22-year-old has already been nicknamed ‘Palladinho’ by President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli, whereas some have compared him to Marco Van Basten and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
However, Palladino is aware that he’s only at the start of a prosperous career and that he is by no means the finished article.
“Myself like Van Basten? I think it’s an exaggeration, he is one of the strongest players of all time, although my hero has always been Alex Del Piero,” he noted.
“For the time being I don’t consider myself as a starter having Del Piero and David Trezeguet ahead of me. When David returns [after the ban], I will step aside.”

Source: Football Italia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)