Raffaele Palladino (2 Viewers)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Palladino living the dream
Saturday 17 March, 2007

Juventus starlet Raffaele Palladino says it’s a dream come true to play alongside his childhood hero Alessandro Del Piero.

“Playing for this club has been a dream I have held within me since I was a little boy. I wished so hard to one day be able to work with such a great champion as Del Piero and now I’m doing it,” beamed the Under-21 international.

“As a kid I had two posters on my wall, of Del Piero and Zinedine Zidane. I remember the Del Piero one most fondly, as I never got the chance to meet the Frenchman.

“When I joined Juventus and got to have my first training session with Ale, I was so emotional. He gave me some great advice, as he is a wonderful man off the field as well as a champion on it.”

The two players combined last week for Palladino’s winner in the hard-fought 1-0 victory over Treviso, as Del Piero took a free kick quickly to catch the defence unawares.

“I called for the ball as I was clear, but all the credit for the goal goes to Del Piero. It was a wonderful feeling to score. I should have given him the assist instead, as we all want him to be crowned Serie B Capocannoniere.”

Palladino had been on loan to Livorno last season, but upon their demotion in the Calciopoli scandal, Juve recalled the young talent.

“I had received an offer from Udinese this summer, but my objective is to try to make a name for myself at Juventus and stay here as long as possible,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

He has earned praise from World Cup winning Coach Marcello Lippi, who compared the Azzurrini man with Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

“Lippi gave me a lot of useful advice. When he talked about me it was very moving, as I never thought such a great Coach could single me out.”

-----

:touched: Great to hear that Palladino's happy here. Very kind words from him for Del Piero too. :tup:

Durden

May 11, 2006
Palladino living the dream
Saturday 17 March, 2007

Juventus starlet Raffaele Palladino says it’s a dream come true to play alongside his childhood hero Alessandro Del Piero.

“Playing for this club has been a dream I have held within me since I was a little boy. I wished so hard to one day be able to work with such a great champion as Del Piero and now I’m doing it,” beamed the Under-21 international.

“As a kid I had two posters on my wall, of Del Piero and Zinedine Zidane. I remember the Del Piero one most fondly, as I never got the chance to meet the Frenchman.

“When I joined Juventus and got to have my first training session with Ale, I was so emotional. He gave me some great advice, as he is a wonderful man off the field as well as a champion on it.”

The two players combined last week for Palladino’s winner in the hard-fought 1-0 victory over Treviso, as Del Piero took a free kick quickly to catch the defence unawares.

“I called for the ball as I was clear, but all the credit for the goal goes to Del Piero. It was a wonderful feeling to score. I should have given him the assist instead, as we all want him to be crowned Serie B Capocannoniere.”

Palladino had been on loan to Livorno last season, but upon their demotion in the Calciopoli scandal, Juve recalled the young talent.

“I had received an offer from Udinese this summer, but my objective is to try to make a name for myself at Juventus and stay here as long as possible,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

He has earned praise from World Cup winning Coach Marcello Lippi, who compared the Azzurrini man with Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

“Lippi gave me a lot of useful advice. When he talked about me it was very moving, as I never thought such a great Coach could single me out.”

-----

:touched: Great to hear that Palladino's happy here. Very kind words from him for Del Piero too. :tup:
I love this kid :tup: :D

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Palladino is a great talent.. Even better it seems he has the right mentality as well.. If he continues in this path he will could become something big.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Palla is not the next DP, but he could become a pretty decent player

right now, I favor Boji over him.....but in a year or 2 things could change

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Palla is not the next DP, but he could become a pretty decent player

right now, I favor Boji over him.....but in a year or 2 things could change
I think people put too much pressure on him, saying he's the next Del Piero. I kind of dislike this kind of thing, not that he can't be Del Piero, I actually think he'll become a decent player like you said and very important one, but because sometimes players can't handle these kind of pressure.

But anyway, I think he's more than happy to be called the next Del Piero since Dp is his Idol.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
I think people put too much pressure on him, saying he's the next Del Piero. I kind of dislike this kind of thing, not that he can't be Del Piero, I actually think he'll become a decent player like you said and very important one, but because sometimes players can't handle these kind of pressure.

But anyway, I think he's more than happy to be called the next Del Piero since Dp is his Idol.
I think that Lippi has described him as the next Ibrahimovic ! :eyebrows:

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
I see Paladino's game more simmilar to DP's game, no mather what Lippi says.
I value Bojinov too but Palladino is doing better job than him, and with the strikers
we have in the club I can understand DD with the choices he's making, he's good coach bytheway, we should give him chance for the next season.
And the poor results were in a time when we played with four wingbaks in the defence, we dindn't had 1 CB in the squad except Piccolo (if someone think he's a player).

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Have you guys noticed how Palladino moves though? His body gesture when moving with the ball does have a resemblance to Ibrahimovic.

And IMO, it is still a big complement to compare him to Ibra, although Ibra in terms of personality is far from DP, Ibra was Not a Cassano case.

I like what I've seen from Palla, he's got skills, perhaps not as breathtaking as Ibra, but if he can do it consistantly, I think he's got a shot at being a great player. I certainly hope Del Piero is mentoring him, as it looks on the pitch like he is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)