Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (1 Viewer)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Terrible gameplay, the only thing PES was better than FIFA at was the gameplay, and now they've gone on and ruined that. The way the ball moves, the players motions, passing, dribbling it all seems very unnatural. I've never been disappointed by a PES game as much as I am now. Terrible.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Terrible gameplay, the only thing PES was better than FIFA at was the gameplay, and now they've gone on and ruined that. The way the ball moves, the players motions, passing, dribbling it all seems very unnatural. I've never been disappointed by a PES game as much as I am now. Terrible.
Was always a Fifa guy but if i was going to buy a football game it would probably be PES tbh always liked there gameplay more.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
When will you muppets realise. PES has been finished years ago. And you're all still living in hope. Or you simply do not like change.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I'm scared that 2013 might be the last good gameplay we'll see.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
When will you muppets realise. PES has been finished years ago. And you're all still living in hope. Or you simply do not like change.
That never stopped people buying FIFA for years. Ironically this is the most FIFA-like PES there has ever been, the passing has been changed for the worse.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
I thought the demo was a good balance between PES13 and this new engine.. still I don't have much trouble with passing (have the support on 2bar) as much as with shooting and GK's in general. they seem to let everything in, especially shots taken in the box. it's probably due to me having it on manual and I can't switch back now, because I love the freedom it gives you to hit those screamers. apparently Konami's fixing the GK's (if they don't tone down the shots instead of fixing keepers reactions) and some gameplay aspects like dribbling with the next patch. would love it if they tweak it back close to the demo gameplay.

fifa looking shiny and glamorous at first is a given, it's playing it after a while that you realize they still have the same gameplay engine which doesn't allow for any sort of combination play in final third, in and around the box. it plays like a rugby game and everything seem to end with a diagonal shot back to net. somethings never change. gets dull and boring after a while. the only good thing about fifa is 'clubs' which is fun, but that too is almost ruined with everyone making their pro a 5'2 midget with afro to have lightning speed pace.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I thought the demo was a good balance between PES13 and this new engine.. still I don't have much trouble with passing (have the support on 2bar) as much as with shooting and GK's in general. they seem to let everything in, especially shots taken in the box. it's probably due to me having it on manual and I can't switch back now, because I love the freedom it gives you to hit those screamers. apparently Konami's fixing the GK's (if they don't tone down the shots instead of fixing keepers reactions) and some gameplay aspects like dribbling with the next patch. would love it if they tweak it back close to the demo gameplay.

fifa looking shiny and glamorous at first is a given, it's playing it after a while that you realize they still have the same gameplay engine which doesn't allow for any sort of combination play in final third, in and around the box. it plays like a rugby game and everything seem to end with a diagonal shot back to net. somethings never change. gets dull and boring after a while. the only good thing about fifa is 'clubs' which is fun, but that too is almost ruined with everyone making their pro a 5'2 midget with afro to have lightning speed pace.
Watch Konami patch the shit out of this now, they will bring it back closer to the demo.

I think the support options are important, I still don't think I have mine right.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Watch Konami patch the shit out of this now, they will bring it back closer to the demo.
Amen, never know with them

I think the support options are important, I still don't think I have mine right.
they are. default setting (3bar) seems to have very little respond to your output rather players position themselves. 2bar gives you more freedom to play it in space, behind or at players feet although it takes some getting used to at first.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I messed about with them yesterday and I think I have something I can now start to work with. The first set up I had my team were virtually playing the game instead of me :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I don't think I can ever bring myself to play FIFA. There is very little variation in play, the passing, the way players move, the way the ball moves is all quite awkward. Unfortunately PES has turned into FIFA this year, minus the licenses and graphics of course.

I'm scared that 2013 might be the last good gameplay we'll see.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Doubt it, even less so if you are used to playing FIFA.

A lot of reviewers say the gap has closed, but they are mostly not used to playing one or the others.
I played both, but this years fifa just reminds me of 2012, stupid goals.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I don't think I can ever bring myself to play FIFA. There is very little variation in play, the passing, the way players move, the way the ball moves is all quite awkward. Unfortunately PES has turned into FIFA this year, minus the licenses and graphics of course.
I've been a PES player from the total beginning. But these last few seasons I've really given up on it all together. Can't remember which was the last one me and the boys used to stay up playing til early hours of the morning to. Think it was pre-calciopoli days.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Had a couple of sessions of playing this now.

Really struggling to get into this game.

I've quite liked a lot of recent PESs that most people have panned, but this one looks awful.

The movement of the players is just so impossibly sluggish.

Still managing to figure out ways to win games against the COM on the second highest difficulty, but it's not remotely enjoyable.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm playing on Superstar level, which I always do when I buy the new game, the steep learning curve pays off more quickly. So imagine my suffering right now :cry:

The passing isn't sharp, and my favourite aspects of PES 2013 - the close control in tight areas, rolling players, being able to drop off a marker - just seems impossible in this. Even with a Vucinic or Tevez they just stumble around and lose the ball quickly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)