Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (3 Viewers)

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Not sure if I will buy PES this year...even the graphics (player faces etc. mostly) looks horrible. And now you all are bashing the gameplay here too. Ohh the humanity. :sad:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah, I'm definitely getting more used to it now, even it is still frustrating at times.

I've found that using the analogue sticks when receiving possession is the best method, rather than the shoulder buttons like before, as you can move the ball away from the opponent and also start skill moves to go past them.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Is the passing system any good? I don't consider myself that great at playing PES, but I've always been good at passing (through balls especially).

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Through balls are good, you can either use the normal basic system, and now there is an advanced system that lets you position the pass and weight of it. Takes some getting used to.

General passing is not as good, maybe it's more realistic but it is slower and more difficult.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
so get fifa instead? or jsut stick to FM?

maybe i will play the demo and judge. i havent played a PES or fifa game since PS2 days

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
ahh the classic bait and switch.

but then again this is konami we are talking about. they are known for making shady products

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
so get fifa instead? or jsut stick to FM?

maybe i will play the demo and judge. i havent played a PES or fifa game since PS2 days
You havent played since PS2 days? You are in for a world of hurt :D PS2 days where the more simpler 100% awesome gameplay at all times days.

I rather suggest you get punched in the kidney then get FIFA, seems more productive.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Goalkeepers are very hit and miss on this game. On long range shots they are brilliant, but anything low and close to the goal and they start throwing the ball around instead of deflecting it away. Both Buffon and Casillas have made several huge howlers for me.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Goalkeepers are very hit and miss on this game. On long range shots they are brilliant, but anything low and close to the goal and they start throwing the ball around instead of deflecting it away. Both Buffon and Casillas have made several huge howlers for me.
I hate it when they save it with their legs and take 6 hours to react and grab the ball, often resulting in the other team scoring.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I hate it when they save it with their legs and take 6 hours to react and grab the ball, often resulting in the other team scoring.
I was playing against some Saudi team and a guy put a low diagonal cross in. In real life the keeper would just come out and pick the ball up. For some reason Casillas dives forward and tips the ball forward like he is saving a shot, then another player taps it in.

Just something else for Konami to patch....

BTW, I still can't download Data Pack 1 on the 360...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
DLC 2 out tomorrow (15th December) with game fixes, 800 new preset faces, updated kits, transfers and other stuff. Better late than never...

A few guys who have tried the Winning Eleven version (DLC 2 is out today for that) say that the game plays a lot better, smoother, less buggy. We'll see.

Hopefully Xbox users don't have another broken DLC to wait 3 weeks for a fix for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)