Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (7 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
FIFA being better simulation of football just doesnt make sense to me, they have improved, but to that length? No way, also played both, and I can litterally score a goal in hundreds of miniscule ways in PES while FIFA every goal feels so familiar and lacking of any realistic variation. Reading your posts, its like you were playing FIFA and thinking its PES, bit unusual, even FIFA diehard nerds I play with at times tell me there's more randomness and feeling of simulation in PES even if they dont like it (all say "too hard").

FIFA goes ahead in every department for sure (overall package of licenses, presentation, game modes etc), EXCEPT gameplay, and thats the only thing that matters IMO, even if FIFA are improving.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JUVEMAN1211

Jun 22, 2011
How does PES offer more freedom to score goals? When I played each goal had to be scored from far away. FIFA lets you score in different ways as well? Im confused as to what you mean.

Im not saying its the most realistic simulation ever but neither is PES. Just because something is hard doesn't mean its realistic. PES was hard for me because the controls and gameplay mechanics were different from FIFA. Once i got the handle of it, the game became easy again. In terms of the future, FIFA have the technology and money to make it even more "realistic" than PES. You've always got to remember that you are not playing a full 90 min game of football but a 10 min game total. It would be extremely boring if it was so realistic and no one scored for an entire 90 mins you know?

I guess you could call me a diehard FIFA player but I still respect where PES players and fans are coming from. The thing that stuck out to me the most and my biggest gripe with PES was the gameplay. Its too robotic to me and didn't feel fluid, like FIFA does, imo.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

PES 2014 will be released for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC on September 20th.

Demo will be available on the PlayStation 3 on September 11th and for the Xbox 360 on September 12th.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The models and physics for me always look so much better on PES, I watch FIFA and straight away it sticks out for me, just reminds me of all the other EA franchises with their movements.

The one huge exception being goalkeepers, who I think have poor physics on PES.

Edit: Celtic in the CL, lol.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
that trailer is awesome haha.. yeah agree with player models. such a bummer they won't release the game for next gen consoles tho.

tyouto

catenaccio
Aug 8, 2011
[h=2]PES 2014: ALL THE DETAILS[/h]

A quick reference guide to all the new features in Pro Evolution Soccer 2014!

The release of PES 2014 is just around the corner and we have compiled for you all the information revealed about the new features added to the game. Please note that we still keep some nice surprises for you to keep the excitement going until the launch of PES 2014.

Game modes

• The League mode is back in PES, better than everThe AFC Champions League is now available in the game as a competition, along with the UEFA Champions League, the UEFA Europa League and Copa Libertadores
  • The possibility to engage in cross region exhibition matches and tournaments
Master League

• You can be a national squad manager in the Master League mode
  • You will also have the possibility of switching teams across different regions
Become a Legend

• Users can now play as a goalkeeper
Leagues

• Argentinian and Chilean leagues are fully licensed in PES 2014, along with the Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch and Brazilian leagues. In addition, the English and Portuguese leagues will be partially licensed
  • The AFC Champions League is also available with a selection of teams from Asia and Middle East
Edit Mode

• There will be unlimited slots available for emblems, 3rd and 4th are also kits available
  • Ability to import logos to shirt sleeves, shorts and socks
  • Option to import and assign players’ chants depending on situation
Engine

• The new engine of PES, based on Kojima’s FOX Engine, will improve the overall gameplay and physics of the game like never seen before in a football game.
  • The TrueBall Tech feature centres the game on the ball and let users have total control of the players’ body

• 11 vs 11 will be available in PES 2014
  • A filtering system (ABCDE rank) will allow user to select the strength of the team they want to play against
  • Pass support will be divided into 3 levels to match competitors
  • A new anti-cheating system will spot quitting players more efficiently
Now that you have all the information in hands, get ready for PES 2014, the game that will change the way you play football on your consoles and PC.

http://pes.konami.com/eu/2013/09/11/pes-2014-all-the-details/?lang=en

hopefully they will improve master league features, fifa13's career mode has better features.
:weee: :weee: :weee:

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Like it.. this players personality thingy with new engine is scarily good. alot of players move/play like their real life... Pirlo, Marchisio, el sharmooty , Balo , Ronaldo, pretty much all national teams got a good bunch I noticed.
chipping the keeper on 1v1's is still overpowered tho.. shots are also a bit floaty.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
So did they fix the covering system yet, or the defenders still rush behind the opposition players, rather than trying to intercept the balls?
And can we get the old manual player change play, rather than this semi-auto or fixed?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
So it's out. Anyone played yet? Any reviews? I hear referreeing is still shit (only yellow for fouls of last hope still :tdown:).

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I dont like how its virtually impossible to naturally dribble like before, very slow in touches and turns and trying to use R2 to dribble does basically nothing almost (without turtle speed atleast). They taken out the make your teammate run function with R3, now its feel more like FIFA, waiting around for them to run instead of instruct them in good timing.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
PES6 was awesome...second best football game to FIFA 98
FIFA 98 was pony. I remember giving the ball to Vieri with his back towards goal outside the box and pressed shoot. And he did the rest. Loved chipping the keeper on PES6 tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)