Player ratings after each match (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Don Bes said:
i was thinkin that it would be easier to find the posts. everytime i dont see a game i try to look for a review from you or vinni, or whomever that takes time to write an in depth review and it always takes time finding it
Well, we could always make a closed thread filled with specific member's match reports...that is another easy job to do.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Not to overcomplicate the suggestions here, but I do like what The Don recommends here. In those matches I don't get to see (and even in the ones I do), it would be ideal to have a quick way to reference the player ratings and commentary (I do like explanations as to why players got the ratings they received) filed by a number of posters in one convenient place. Otherwise it's about fishing through them in long post-match threads.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Alright, we can select the match reports of the most objective posters and either place them in a closed thread or in a specific section of the forum, such as where Marty puts the juventus.com match reports which arent that good anyway.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I think this thread with specific posts is a great idea. I and other members fill the match thread with totally unwanted crap and it sure does distract those who haven't seen the game and followed the action.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
This is very interesting, thanks for all the input everyone. It would indeed be cool to have our own Match Reports rather than Juventus.com official match reports only. Matched with our player ratings and member views this would be a great addition to the site, and it could be created as a news on the main post as well as a forum thread for discussion.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Dominic said:
Though wouldn't it take away from the discussions, seperating everything?
Not really, as the reports would appear in both the match thread and locked section of the forum. At least that is the way I see it.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yes. I see it as just a way to highlight some of our better member "editorial" and ratings unique to us (i.e., Juventuz) -- in a way that's not buried in the back-and-forth that goes on in a typical post-match thread.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Another thought...
and I only mention this in case this is something relatively brain dead to do with vB3, Marty ...
maybe there's an easy vB3 way to merely allow mods to check off and highlight certain posts in a post-match thread -- and then copy them or (better?) enable filtering on them so that they can be made more visible to others.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
IMO either one of those fifteen should write a match report, given that they saw that particular game (which they probably did). You aren't going to rate a player with no particular reason to give him that rating, you'll always need to explain yourself as well. It's not that much extra work to write a match report while you're at it.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What about creating a journal?

We can collect writings, not only match reports, articles, opinions anything like that. The can be collected and summed up in one pdf in a proper layout. I think this will be amazing, our own publications. We need a proofreader and an editor, the members submit their articles and that's it.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Jeeks said:
What about creating a journal?

We can collect writings, not only match reports, articles, opinions anything like that. The can be collected and summed up in one pdf in a proper layout. I think this will be amazing, our own publications. We need a proofreader and an editor, the members submit their articles and that's it.
This sounds really cool!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)