Player ratings after each match (6 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
RochemBeck said:
I want to make sure people know this was MY IDEA, sealed and copywrited.

For a name, I was thinking "Juventuz Player Ratings" or something of the sort.

As the member who brought this to attention, I think I should have some power selecting the posters who give their ratings. ;)

No, not really :p

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
RochemBeck said:

As the member who brought this to attention, I think I should have some power selecting the posters who give their ratings. ;)
I remember you proposing this idea andy even before the new site...maybe 2 or 3 month back

then I witnessed one idea to flourish :D, and another shot dead :sick:

anyways...one rep point for ya andy;)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
We told him right away that nothing could be done until the new site.

Also, it was me who presented the idea to Keith, so... ;)

Just kidding, in the end it will be the boss who'll decide about how we'll implement the idea.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
RochemBeck said:

Go for it man, work it all out, set it how you want it to be and present it complete. I am working on an idea as well, I won't suggest it until it is ready to be implemented.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
FWIW, I just made an edit at the top of the first (Stu's) post to make sure it's clear where things came from before people get into the discussion.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Jeeks said:
Go for it man, work it all out, set it how you want it to be and present it complete. I am working on an idea as well, I won't suggest it until it is ready to be implemented.

And whats needed for it to be implemented?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Zlatan said:
And whats needed for it to be implemented?
It does not recquire programming or additional sections on the forums, it is a contest type of thing. I think when it is ready, it will be accepted and I think money should be granted for the winners.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Jeeks said:
It does not recquire programming or additional sections on the forums, it is a contest type of thing. I think when it is ready, it will be accepted and I think money should be granted for the winners.

PM me about it and maybe I can help you. And even if you dont want help still PM me, I want to know whats it about ;)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
This is a very difficult task,
(selecting a group of people about this job),
some people may feel insulted,
someone else's opinion may not mean nothing for them,
this thread might be totally ignored or misunderstood...
people might feel this place is private
and even their opinion is totally controled by a group of people...

my suggestion:
"an anual representative high council"
make some criteria and a poll including 50members at least,
give people the power to cast a vote and chooce the one they believe that expresses their will,
the 15 most voted people are the council,
if public opinion prooved different by the council opinion,
there will be some chances next year...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We are a forum,we dont have to be as objective, as a newspaper,
we are doing this for our pleasure...
this isnt as important as choosing mods,

the only fair alternative i c,is ratings of all the Juventuz members and beside that, some official ratings from media...to make the comparison

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Zlatan said:
I dont think we need a representation of every Juve fan, we need members that will tell it like it is. I fear Vinni would give everyone a 1 when we lose :D

and now you're over reacting !!!!

I would never give a player a 1...maybe 2, but never 1 !!!:pumpkin:

Even Salas on his worst day would never get a 1, 2 or even 3. for that matter

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Rami said:
I remember you proposing this idea andy even before the new site...maybe 2 or 3 month back

then I witnessed one idea to flourish :D, and another shot dead :sick:

anyways...one rep point for ya andy;)
Yeah I remember discussing this with you guys, probably about a month ago. Thanks for remembering.

And hey, some of the greatest ideas are disregarded and put on the shelf only to become big hits in the future. You just have to advertise to the right people. ;)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Cronios said:
This is a very difficult task,
(selecting a group of people about this job),
some people may feel insulted,
someone else's opinion may not mean nothing for them,
this thread might be totally ignored or misunderstood...
people might feel this place is private
and even their opinion is totally controled by a group of people...

my suggestion:
"an anual representative high council"
make some criteria and a poll including 50members at least,
give people the power to cast a vote and chooce the one they believe that expresses their will,
the 15 most voted people are the council,
if public opinion prooved different by the council opinion,
there will be some chances next year...
You bring up a good point, Cronios. Perhaps we should have a poll to find out which members people want to judge our player's performances, with 15 votes alloted to each person. However, this again might just become a popularity contest and all objectivity will go down the drain. I think the mods and myself have a good idea of who will be objective towards this task, and who is able to watch the matches on a regular basis.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
RochemBeck said:
You bring up a good point, Cronios. Perhaps we should have a poll to find out which members people want to judge our player's performances, with 15 votes alloted to each person. However, this again might just become a popularity contest and all objectivity will go down the drain. I think the mods and myself have a good idea of who will be objective towards this task, and who is able to watch the matches on a regular basis.

Or use both...either the mod and andy council nominate 20 or 30 and then hit the polls...

Or we could do Cronios suggestion and have a regular poll then the council meets up and decide, but takes into consideration the poll results.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Black Mamba said:
Just choose my list, damnit

I want to finally be useful for this forum
Are you kidding me? Not even I'm included on your list! :sick: ;)

Just kidding, but I think we'll have a pretty good idea about which folks we'd like to participate, a public poll would like Andy's saying more be a popularity contest than a fair method.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Agreed. We don't need a popularity poll. There are some things where the democratic spirit can run amock. Take the California voter proposition system for example. Not everything we do should need to be up for a vote. :)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Black Mamba said:
Just choose my list, damnit

I want to finally be useful for this forum
Looking at your list, theres people on it that dont seem to actually watch the matches...

People who are constantly in match threads saying they are following it online or on the radio etc, not on tv

Surely the most important thing is selecting a group that have access to all matches on tv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)