Player ratings after each match (3 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I'd like to give the ratings. I've complete coverage of ALL CL matches on tv and I've seen 95% of the Serie A matches on tv this season(the 5% i've downloaded or watched on an excellent stream). And not to sound arrogant, but my ratings or views on the players are fairly objective(as objective as possible anyway).

I also agree with Snoop, I would not like the list to be made based on popularity instead of ability. Fabiana's list, no offence, seems more like a list of popularity.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yes, I agree about Dominic, Desmond as well.

BTW, it's not a popularity list ;)

P.S. Paul too, but I'm not sure if he'd want to do it regularly.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Let us say that when Paul adds his feedback, we call it the ratings with a special guest. Or as the expert edition, or something like that.

BTW; I think today I will launch edition 1 of my contest.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Shadowfax said:
Looking at your list, theres people on it that dont seem to actually watch the matches...

People who are constantly in match threads saying they are following it online or on the radio etc, not on tv

Surely the most important thing is selecting a group that have access to all matches on tv
I made that list without knowing if all those people actually get it on TV or not. The people I was positive about were Stu, Espectro (they get my same Tv channels), Jack, Z, Tom, Andries (They live in Europe and its easier for them to get the coverage), Isha (lives in Italy). I didnt put Greg on the original list because I wasnt sure if he got coverage.

I edited my list as follows;

- Vinni
- Z
- Jack
- Andries
- Andy
- Dominic
- Stu
- Isha00 (I dont know her real name)
- Denco
- Tom
- Azzurri7
- Espectro

- I was going to put Cronios as well (Ive read a lot of his recent posts and imo theyre reasonable) but I wasnt sure if hes on here enough.
- Also you of course, but I dont know if youre interested :confused:
- I took Pado off because he mostly post in Nick's thread, but whenever he could contribute it would be greatly appreciated

To Dominic: I dont know how this is a popularity contest, because I barely talk to half this people

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
To me your original list seemed a list of the simply more well-known members on this forum, though if i'm mistaken I apologise.

Anyway, I think members such as ZhiXin, Desmond, John #10, Snoop, Rami, Cronios and Holdon deserve a mention too regarding the ratings of players. They're all fairly active and objective members in the match thread, with only Holdon and John being a question mark for me(concerning their activity).

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
Seven said:
Seems decent, although I haven't seen Isha00 around lately.
Yeah, yeah, I know. Attending university in a different city sux. :sick:

Talking about the ratings, I don't know if I can be of much help. During the matches I go in "trance" and, after having passed 90 minutes insuting/praising the team -more insulting sometimes, I have to say-, telling them that they've got to wake up and that they better not ruin what they have accomplished so far (and telling gino to shut up, 'cause he's going to bring bad luck :agree: ), I don't know if I'd be able to give ratings that aren't influenced on how much I sweared at this or that player during the game :oops:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Dominic said:
To me your original list seemed a list of the simply more well-known members on this forum, though if i'm mistaken I apologise.

Anyway, I think members such as ZhiXin, Desmond, John #10, Snoop, Rami, Cronios and Holdon deserve a mention too regarding the ratings of players. They're all fairly active and objective members in the match thread, with only Holdon and John being a question mark for me(concerning their activity).
Good points Dominic, and those names will be taken into consideration. I'm pretty sure Holdon gets to see all our matches, so he might be a good choice if he can log in more often.

And by no means is this a popularity contest.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
FWIW, I do get many matches -- though not all (non-EPL-team CL match coverage out here is particularly abysmal :frown:). And while I appreciate the mention from some posters about my objectivity of match ratings in the past, I think it would be great to have some new, different voices step up and contribute for this.

So let me be the first to say that if anyone was seriously considering me for this (and thank you!), please use my vote instead as an endorsement for other posters who at least as worthy of inclusion: such as Des, ZhiXin, John #10, Snoop, Rami, Cronios and Holdon...

I can still post my player rating rants and drivel in the post match thread. ;)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
RochemBeck said:
Yeah I remember discussing this with you guys, probably about a month ago. Thanks for remembering.

And hey, some of the greatest ideas are disregarded and put on the shelf only to become big hits in the future. You just have to advertise to the right people. ;)
YOUR idea was only responded to when I proposed it though :D. Seriously, I didn't know you had already thought of the same.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Anyway, I'm available if you want me to do it, but I won't discuss about it. It's up to the mods who they want on the list really.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Seven said:
YOUR idea was only responded to when I proposed it though :D. Seriously, I didn't know you had already thought of the same.
Actually, Zlatan and I, along with Rami, were discussing this about a month ago in the support forum...probably when you were away with your ban. ;)

Greg: I would have liked to include you in this project, however if you would like to pass the duty on to another member that would be fine as well. I know how ridiculous this Champions League coverage is here in the States, and that is why I have the uefa.com package to see the matches a few hours after the fact. But hey, we could always use you as a reserve. ;)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
RochemBeck said:
Actually, Zlatan and I, along with Rami, were discussing this about a month ago in the support forum...probably when you were away with your ban. ;)

Greg: I would have liked to include you in this project, however if you would like to pass the duty on to another member that would be fine as well. I know how ridiculous this Champions League coverage is here in the States, and that is why I have the uefa.com package to see the matches a few hours after the fact. But hey, we could always use you as a reserve. ;)
Thanks, Andy. It's not like I wouldn't like to participate either. ;) But this site has many other voices that should be heard, and this does risk becoming a popularity contest.

I thought I would make it easier for folks to not feel self-conscious about excluding a mod from this, etc., by voluntarily taking myself out of contention. Though your reserve spot idea is intriguing... I would definitely be up for helping out on the bench. :D

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I would love to do this but as Zlatan rightly said , i aint as regular as i used to be, not just here but in actually watching matches in full as i am working undercover in some secret mission(he he)
But whenever i do watch a game in full, not bloody highlites then i will give my overview and endeavour to give grades as long as you do not ask me to grade Capello.

As for people , you are gonna vote or pick or whatever method you decide, i personally will not like to see an obvious anti Dp, pro Dp, anti Zlatan or pro Zlatan person involved at all.
I am not afraid of mentioning names, but at this time i will desist from doing so to the major culprits in this forum
If everything was equal and ppl could watch matches regularly , i personally will nominate the following (but i do not know how much they watch due to my irregularity nowadays)
Vinny, Sergio, shadowfax, Tom, Andy, sallyinzaghi, flakis, Swag, stuart, Dominic, Desmond, the Milan guests , (as you cannot get more objective than that),Cronios, Holdon, Ali, Baggio and some others whose names escape me this minute

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I agree about the Milan guests, they'd offer some interesting ratings. Though they'd probably see only half of our matches, due to Milan playing at the same time. Codino would be an objective milan guest.
Yes, Baggio ofcourse. How could I forget him? He'd be excellent for this kind of thing.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Quite frankly I can't get the fun out of this nor I think that this is a good idea. But hey, it's your choice, but please behave when you mention the names, at least half of the mentioned are pretty much... ummm, how should I say it... disabled for the job.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
denco said:
Vinny, Sergio, shadowfax, Tom, Andy, sallyinzaghi, flakis, Swag, stuart, Dominic, Desmond, the Milan guests , (as you cannot get more objective than that),Cronios, Holdon, Ali, Baggio and some others whose names escape me this minute
The only problem with that list is some members, unfortunately like yourself, only show up from time to time and do not always watch the matches. There are only a handful of posters who watch the matches every week, and you know by reading their reports on the games.

Don Bes: Why do that when there will be all sorts of paragraphs in the match threads? Somehow I think that is a bit redundant in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)