Player ratings after each match (8 Viewers)

Jan 7, 2004
Jeeks said:
What about creating a journal?

We can collect writings, not only match reports, articles, opinions anything like that. The can be collected and summed up in one pdf in a proper layout. I think this will be amazing, our own publications. We need a proofreader and an editor, the members submit their articles and that's it.

maan, you are thinking too big. i love your idea though

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Martin said:
This sounds really cool!
I know we have good writers and we have people bringing up ideas, I see many threads coming up. A journal is really interesting. We can make subscriptions for it, it will be sent by mail for whoever wants it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I like Jeeks's idea, but perhaps we should start by giving the rating system a try first. You have to start somewhere, you know.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Don Bes said:
maan, you are thinking too big. i love your idea though
It is not big, a journal can have one match report and two articles. This is good for a start. However we have a slight problem, pictures. If we are to put pictures in it, they have to be either taken by someone who's willing to give them or purchased.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Jeeks said:
I know we have good writers and we have people bringing up ideas, I see many threads coming up. A journal is really interesting. We can make subscriptions for it, it will be sent by mail for whoever wants it.
I see a little problem in deciding on how to publish it. The point is that if you want to hype it up, it should really be special. On the "old" site we had a columns section, while it was incredibly difficult to recruit writers, I think your idea is a good one as long as the people you want to contribue can see that their work is getting the good exposure it's supposed to get.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Martin said:
I see a little problem in deciding on how to publish it. The point is that if you want to hype it up, it should really be special. On the "old" site we had a columns section, while it was incredibly difficult to recruit writers, I think your idea is a good one as long as the people you want to contribue can see that their work is getting the good exposure it's supposed to get.
What do you mean? Do you mean that those who are writing won't be willing that their work is read by whoever?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Don Bes said:
i agree with martin here. anybody who would do some good work would require something in return
If it turns out successful then it is a good thing that can bring something in return.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Jeeks said:
What do you mean? Do you mean that those who are writing won't be willing that their work is read by whoever?
What I mean is that if those articles or whatever you are planning are "just" going to be regular forum posts, then there's nothing special about them. So you should make create an angle for it, put it in a special section of the site, display them on the frontpage, that kind of thing. It can still be part of the forum, but it should also be more than that.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Black Mamba said:
Maybe a blog would be better? and the only people allowed to post in it would be the members who are chosen?
Same thing, a blog or a journal, a journal has more potential to become something later on.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
I could setup so selected members are able to post news on the front page, and then automatically a thread with the same content is started on the forums. Just a thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)