[Peace Cup] Sevilla 1-2 JUVENTUS, July 24th 2009 (2 Viewers)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Nice game. The team looked good.
Although its a friendly tournament the lads showed good determination to win.

Manninger: was very good and performed some very tricky and important saves (8)
Zebina: There was a time when I wrote off Zebina, I take that back. Keep it going man. Your the best we've got. Good game, especially offensively. Defensively he had left his mark a few times. But for a player who hasn't played for a season he was excellent. 7.5
Cannavaro: I hated him for what he did to us (saying he'll stay and then took off with the first bidder), but I think Del Piero has punished him enough during Juve V Real games last season :D . Leaving aside the bitterness I feel, I was reassured today with his performance. He did not put a perfect display, not even close. But for a player who has spent 3 years at Real Madrid then has just arrived from his summer vacation, he made me look forward for his performance this season. 6.5
Chiellini: Absolute ROCK 7.5
Grygera: We really need an LB. Won't rate him very low because he was played out of position. 6
Camoranesi: Too bad he got injured 20 min or so into the game. Was playing well for what its worth 6.5
Tiago: I AM IMPRESSED. I was very happy we bought him two years ago. Then I got so disappointed during this past two years that I started to call him names. And for the first time in 2 years I feel ok he might show us some real performance this season. He was very good with his passes AND FOUGHT FOR EVERY BALL. 7.5
Marchisio: An off game though showed some nice shooting abilities. He is still early training 6
Zanetti: better than Marchisio but I know he has better abilities 6
Del Piero: Not his best game and yet to regain back his full fitness but my god. He is 34 and he has out played many young opponents physically. The curl on the corner cross that Amauri scored from was magical. Wasn't his day when it came to free kicks though. Ran his heart out but showed that he could literally play for the next 4-5 years and be influential. Was Juventus' link in the midfield to the forwards. Was replaced 10 min or so before the end. Forza Alex 7
Amauri: Nice header and decent performance faded away as time was passing. But never the less good game. 7

Subs:
Iaquinta: Nice goal, nice performance 7
Moinaro: N.A
Marone: N.A

Ferrara: The team is shaping up well.. A special rating for this man :) "2" ;)

Some might think the ratings are high. But we played a tough team away and we are yet one month from the start of the season.. The team deserve praising.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Tiago was great, Manninger was absolutely brilliant...what I loved the most about our performance was the way the team transitioned between all the different tactics...1st 4-4-2 then 4-3-1-2 then back to 4-4-2...great stuff

and Ciro's subs, all effective and really reminded me of the Lippi days

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Going home after work to watch the game...I tapped it on goltv:D

I need to see what all this fuss is about

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
My connection has gone to the dogs...so I can't sift through all these pages...I am downloading the highlights video, but its going to take 2 hours at the current transfer rate...Wicked that we won. Next to meaningless, of course, but its always more pleasant to win than to lose or get hammered, especially by the spaniards...our latin, poncey, flimsy, diving cousins....

One question...

Why did Trezeguet not feature????

This worries me. I hope he is injured, rather than omitted for any other reasons, like a prospective departure from the club...but then again...if he was leaving, Ciro wouldn't have taken him to the peace cup ,I assume. Perhaps, Ciro is aiming to use different striker partnerships for each game, to find the best combination????? And we will see Trezeguet playing the angel on top of the christmas tree in a 4-3-2-1, with Gio, Tiago and...Diego, making up the attacking quarter behind him????

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
from that youtube clip it looks like we only had 2 chances and scored them both
i only see sevilla attacking and still people give our players high ratings
havent watched the game, but could anyone explain :lol:?

Aug 17, 2007
all of you, who talk about ale, remember 2 things:

1. WTF?? we got like a month before the season starts!! and you already attack him!! because of 1 fucking friendly match??? what's the matter with you??

2. how do you expect him to be in his best when he's not playing in his role?? Ale is not a trequartista! Ale is a forward!

stop mocking...we know what he's worth

BTW, i really looking forward to our first match with our best 11...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)