[Peace Cup] Sevilla 1-2 JUVENTUS, July 24th 2009 (1 Viewer)

Dello10

Kurdish juve fans!
Nov 21, 2005
Some of you are reading far too much into a pre-season friendly. Other than concerns about fitness, there is nothing of any value you can take from these matches. The formations are experimental and the players don't give 100%, mostly because they do not want to get injured in a meaningless game, but also because they don't have 90 minutes in them.

Every pre-season it's the same old shit. The year our of serie b, we were doomed after our performances vs Sunderland/Newcastle left a lot to be desired. Last summer, Amauri was called a flop after a few pre-season friendlies by some. Now, Del Piero isn't good enough to start anymore. FFS get a grip.
(Y)

Buy on AliExpress.com

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Well you're right, but that's what friendlies are for, no? Experimenting should happen now rather than during the season.
We're trying different formations, different tactics, different players, players playing in different positions.
there's nothing to say against that

So if any player, not necessarily Del Piero, plays now in July or in August in an unusual position for him and plays bad or can't get used at all to the new position, then it's not a big deal at all.
It's actually a good thing because then Ciro will know what not to do during the season.
If someone plays in some unfamiliar position for him and actually plays well, then great. We got ourselves more options that we know will work throughout the season.
there is nothing wrong with trying players in other positions.
i just think that alex did "learn" from his national team experience, that he does not speak up again, when he does not like or can not play a position and does rather play bad there than speaking up and being omitted from the starting eleven (like the time he said he does not want to play as left winger in the 4-3-3).

What i'm trying to say is that right now in July absolutely no-one is to be blamed if Del Piero plays bad as a trequartista, Grygera plays bad as a LB or Diego plays bad as a second striker.
we do not need to blame anybody, since it is really just for fitness and getting the tactics right, but it has to be allowed to say when a player does not play well in a game (regardless of it is his favourite position or not).

but i do understand that it is very difficult for some "fans" to differentiate between someone calling a performance bad and someone telling his favourite player is bad in generell.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Like I care for your - rep, grow up dude! If I am so retarded for not liking amauri's lazy ass, lets have a bet? i say he will lose his starting place before the winter break, if not sooner! deal?
I don't bet on coaching decisions because sometimes they are irrational and cannot be explained -- see Ranieri. Betting on the results of matches is more practical because it's based on simple statistics.

But the fact you claim Amauri is lazy just goes to show you're either not familiar with the player or simply dislike him for ridiculous reasons, possibly one of those I have already mentioned in this thread. In actuality, Amauri works very hard for the team, something pretty much everybody but you acknowledges.

But wait, there's more. Bill Mays-style. I thought you didn't like how the said player doesn't score enough goals. Now you're calling him lazy?

Come clean, dude. If you don't like a player, then just admit it. But don't give sorry excuses that are completely nonsensical.

Regarding Juve Material, use the search function for threads with those exact words and see what I mean. The terminology "Juve material" is indeed retarded, because it means that everybody who has played for the team is good, considering they've worn the shirt. So it's completely nonsensical and frankly somewhat of a misnomer.

what about G. Rossi then :D
That's different. I'm a supporter of the United States National Team. If I was from some other place he wouldn't really matter to me.

No, ofc he is not! He is a real team player, with far more spirit then the lazy Brazilian. I said that im taking this bet only if Trez stay, because if he don't, then Ciro will have less option in attack, which may lead to prolonging amauri's first team play...
You would have a better case saying Trezeguet is lazy than using it with Amauri. Or hell, even Del Piero. Now that's a shocker.

Zingaro.

Dello10

Kurdish juve fans!
Nov 21, 2005
Ferrara euphoric after the victory in Seville
'I want to win this tournament. Diego and Melo are out, but it’s still a super squad’

Jun 26, 2007
Some of you are reading far too much into a pre-season friendly. Other than concerns about fitness, there is nothing of any value you can take from these matches. The formations are experimental and the players don't give 100%, mostly because they do not want to get injured in a meaningless game, but also because they don't have 90 minutes in them.

Every pre-season it's the same old shit. The year our of serie b, we were doomed after our performances vs Sunderland/Newcastle left a lot to be desired. Last summer, Amauri was called a flop after a few pre-season friendlies by some. Now, Del Piero isn't good enough to start anymore. FFS get a grip.
And that's that.

Jan 22, 2009
I don't bet on coaching decisions because sometimes they are irrational and cannot be explained -- see Ranieri. Betting on the results of matches is more practical because it's based on simple statistics..
Irrational coaching decisions gets you sacked - see Ranieri! Regarding the statement that betting on football is based on simple statistic, I will just say that using this kind of approach only will get you broke for sure, you can just slow the process(melting of your bank) by using a more defensive strategy. Betting is far more complex matter than just comming up with some numbers from the past, unfortunatelly(for the punters) it has alot to do with missleading information, odds movement, luck and nowadays - bookmakers influence!

But the fact you claim Amauri is lazy just goes to show you're either not familiar with the player or simply dislike him for ridiculous reasons, possibly one of those I have already mentioned in this thread. In actuality, Amauri works very hard for the team, something pretty much everybody but you acknowledges...

Come clean, dude. If you don't like a player, then just admit it. But don't give sorry excuses that are completely nonsensical.
I am familiar with Amauri, I just dont see his contribution, the way you or the rest of the herd here do...which don't makes me a football layman(a person who is untrained or lacks knowledge of a subject). I admit he is a great header, and I also admit that I had several beers during the sevilla match, which may result me posting some harsh things, but my opinion is not formed by this match only, its from last year!

Regarding Juve Material, use the search function for threads with those exact words and see what I mean. The terminology "Juve material" is indeed retarded, because it means that everybody who has played for the team is good, considering they've worn the shirt. So it's completely nonsensical and frankly somewhat of a misnomer.
I agree here, its lame terminology indeed!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I really don't understand why people disregard amauri. The guy is sublime and does it all. Take him out last year and trez with his injury we would not have finished second with just 2 strikers, wouldn't have been sustainable.

The guy works as hard as IQ, ball control like DP and finishing like trez. He is complete.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
I dont think Trezeguet is lazy. He is hardworking in off the ball position. Always focus on breaks and positioning himself which make it easier for team mates to tee him up.

He never have that non interested face in his face and body language.

Amauri on the other hand....some time huff and puff...looking annoyed and disinterested...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)