Paulo Dybala (49 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
of course they did. my brother (barca fan since around '99) is still salty about it. just say bartomeu out loud in front of him and watch his face take one unexpected shape after the other lol
But he is not being objective, he is being sentimental. Barcelona are better off.

Not to mention Dybala isn't even quarter the player Messi is (even current one).

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
of course they did. my brother (barca fan since around '99) is still salty about it. just say bartomeu out loud in front of him and watch his face take one unexpected shape after the other lol
There's no chance in hell Barca would've dominated Madrid like they did with a 34 year old Messi. Imagine a slow, lazy, walking Messi with Xavi's high intensity football. That's like playing with a man down.

They made a wise decision to move on from him. Actually they should've moved on from him years ago tbh.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
There's no chance in hell Barca would've dominated Madrid like they did with a 34 year old Messi. Imagine a slow, lazy, walking Messi with Xavi's high intensity football. That's like playing with a man down.

They made a wise decision to move on from him. Actually they should've moved on from him years ago tbh.
dude, it's not about the results but the emotions. you don't have to explain me anything. he was their best player even last season, and he's an obvious icon. it's not about to judge whether they are right or not. they lost their goat and it hurts for them.

remember when del piero offered to sign a bianco contract? juve said no, and some fans are still salty about it, 10 years later. i repeat, it's not about how well the team played without him, or how is barca doing at the moment. fans have all the right to be emotional.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
dude, it's not about the results but the emotions. you don't have to explain me anything. he was their best player even last season, and he's an obvious icon. it's not about to judge whether they are right or not. they lost their goat and it hurts for them.

remember when del piero offered to sign a bianco contract? juve said no, and some fans are still salty about it, 10 years later. i repeat, it's not about how well the team played without him, or how is barca doing at the moment. fans have all the right to be emotional.
You have a point but that's the whole issue: Messi and Del Piero are their clubs' GOATs, being sentimental can be justified in their case.
Who the fuck is Dybala in comparison?!

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
You have a point but that's the whole issue: Messi and Del Piero are their clubs' GOATs, being sentimental can be justified in their case.
Who the fuck is Dybala in comparison?!
our best player at the moment

some people will be sad, it's only natural, get over it. they'll come around when we have an adequate replacement or a well functioning attack without him

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I mean it will probably end up being merda just to spite us even more but honestly it doesn't make much sense for them to get Dybala.

They already have Martinez who at this point is a better Dybala and Dzeko who is their centre forward and Dybala can't play instead of him. Unless they plan to use some weird trident they would have to sell Martinez to play Dybala.
He will agree to join them to spite us but the fact remains that no other team reached out.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

That will hold relevance if the club continues to suck and gets poor results. I can understand holding on to sentiment and emotion towards the best player in the history of the club.

I can also understand reminiscing about Pogba and Vidal who both left Juventus at the top of their game. Our midfield has never been the same ever since they left.

But Dybala? Guy is leaving Juventus as a half broken, mentally fragile, inconsistent player. And this at the age of 28. We'd have had more problems sticking on to him than releasing him no matter how talented he is. Thanks for the memories but it's about fucking time we made this decision and I'm glad we did it.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
That will hold relevance if the club continues to suck and gets poor results. I can understand holding on to sentiment and emotion towards the best player in the history of the club.

I can also understand reminiscing about Pogba and Vidal who both left Juventus at the top of their game. Our midfield has never been the same ever since they left.

But Dybala? Guy is leaving Juventus as a half broken, mentally fragile, inconsistent player. And this at the age of 28. We'd have had more problems sticking on to him than releasing him no matter how talented he is. Thanks for the memories but it's about fucking time we made this decision and I'm glad we did it.
again, you don't have to convince me, i get the point of the club. just show some basic empathy towards those who regret seeing our most influential player leave on a free transfer. easy.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2011
For the first time since a very long time, I get the feeling that the club knows what it wants and has a clear idea for the mercato. I just don't understand Arrivabene's words about Vlahovic being the center of the project. Why does a player have to be "central of a project" in the first place? It would have made more sense for him to say we will be focusing on youth (Chiesa, Vlahovic, Locatelli, MDL, etc.).

His words may have a tactical connotation (i.e. going for a winger based formation and Dybala doesn't fit in that), but in my mind he could have picked his words better. Either way, I completely understand the club's decision.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
By saving this €14M(?) a year the club pays before taxes, we can now spend an €80M transfer fee on a world class midfielder. That's how math works from what I understand here.
We cant spend 80, but the overall cost of a 10m contract over 5 years is roughly the same as a 5m salary + 40-50m transfer fee. You can get a good mid or winger with that money thatll still have value after 5 years unlike 33-34 yo Dybala.

+With how often he's injured, theres a big risk wed have been prisoners of Dybalas new contract 2-3 years later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)