Paulo Dybala (112 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I mean it will probably end up being merda just to spite us even more but honestly it doesn't make much sense for them to get Dybala.

They already have Martinez who at this point is a better Dybala and Dzeko who is their centre forward and Dybala can't play instead of him. Unless they plan to use some weird trident they would have to sell Martinez to play Dybala.
They will sell Lautaro, get Dybala on a free and use the money to buy Bremer + Scamacca. Classic Beppe mercato.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Rewatch the game again. We were outplayed for most of the game except for a 20 minute spell in the second half where we had the upper hand.
Because of their whole team, not because of their midfield superiority. Having Messi alone makes you double team on him.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Tuz is not a very smart board, the policy of releasing your best players in the last 7 years resulted in CL beatings by Ajax, Lyon, Porto and Villareal as well as the loss of control over Serie A and tuzzers praise the departure due to a) personal agendas (emotional gang because the player didn't live up to Maradona) and b) pseudo-pragmatist gang (upteenth case of sheer stupidity thinking that saving a low amount of wage mils is somewhat symmetrical to losing the player) Was Dybi some type of a world beater? Of course not but before you dump your 8/10 players for peanut savings you could shake out your army of 5/10 players first. Tuz is not a very smart board.

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Tuz is not a very smart board, the policy of releasing your best players in the last 7 years resulted in CL beatings by Ajax, Lyon, Porto and Villareal as well as the loss of control over Serie A and tuzzers praise the departure due to a) personal agendas (emotional gang because the player didn't live up to Maradona) and b) pseudo-pragmatist gang (upteenth case of sheer stupidy thinking that saving a low amount of wage mils is somewhat symmetrical to losing the player) Was Dybi some type of a world beater? Of course not but before you dump your 8/10 players for peanut savings you could shake out your army of 5/10 players first. Tuz is not a very smart board.
Except you are thinking only about right now. Think 2 years into the future.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
We lost the midfield battle in both those matches. We spent a lot of time defending and when we did go forward, we were hit on the break. Those matches weren't like when Bayern lost to Chelsea.
Nah man it also come down to playstyle. Barca was always dominant with the ball and Juve were happy to concede possession. The only huge difference was in attack.
Their 2nd goals only came when our players caught sleeping because expecting a foul on Pogba and 3rd goal came at last minutes when the game done and dusted.

vs Madrid the midfield wasn't MVPP and ofc Matuidi, Pjanic, Khedira was inferior.
MVPP actually beat Madrid on 2015

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
his salary before taxes is ~14 and Bernardeschi's is ~8-9 so Arivvabene will be able to give much more money to Rabiot
The only money should be given by Fagiot the turd to the club for being a fraud and a thief, stealing the club's money for the past three seasons.

- - - Updated - - -

They will sell Lautaro, get Dybala on a free and use the money to buy Bremer + Scamacca. Classic Beppe mercato.
Very solid mercato, except for that tall beanpole from Sass.

I hope we have a good summer mercato, but I am preparing myself for disappointment and failure again next season, especially in the CL.

- - - Updated - - -

Please seek professional help
Thank you for your concern. I'd advise you to do the same.

Last edited:
May 23, 2013
MVPP was certainly comparable to both Madrid and Barca's midfields. To say otherwise and that we lost the final in 2015 due to difference in midfield quality is weird revisionism considering Barca had arguably the greatest attack in football history.

- - - Updated - - -

Dybala has scored against the following "big teams" in the CL:

Bayern 2016
Barcelona 2017
Tottenham 2018
Manchester United 2018
Atletico Madrid 2019

No one else at the club has a similar track record to him in the big games of the CL or Serie A for that matter.

The only time I remember him failing to show up against a big side is vs Madrid in the 2017 Final and 2018 Quarters. And the first game was down to Allegri's genius idea of putting him and senior citizen Dani Alves on the wing against peak Marcelo.

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
@Bianconero81 how are you bro I cant stop crying. Imagine most Dybala haters must feel this awful every morning they watch in the mirror
I am ok Bro. I've witnessed the departures of Baggio and Zidane, my two favorite players. This was followed by Zlatan leaving post-Calciopoli (to merda of all teams), the mishandling of the Del Piero affair, and the Vidal and Pogba sales,

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I mean it will probably end up being merda just to spite us even more but honestly it doesn't make much sense for them to get Dybala.

They already have Martinez who at this point is a better Dybala and Dzeko who is their centre forward and Dybala can't play instead of him. Unless they plan to use some weird trident they would have to sell Martinez to play Dybala.
Selling Martinez and signing diby is fine by me.
They come out weaker out of the deal.

Last edited:

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Are you drunk or something? He's been bang average for YEARS - from 18 til 22 inclusive. Yes, sometimes he had flashes of his former greatness, but this happens to him extremely rarely.
You said that why don't sell him years ago? Right, so if you see his numbers from that period 2016-2019, who was better? Just read the numbers you wrote. You are just blind by emotions, like most of the haters. In fact a lot of them praised Pipa when we paid 90m for him and he was just good for 18m; maybe you are one of them.

Watch the numbers and stop being such a girl thinking how it makes you feel

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I don't mind losing him too much. It was a bit cold how he's been treated, but Arrivabene is completely right, we cannot build a team around a player that is injured or doesn't perform 50% of the time, we need someone we can rely on for 90% of the time. I think being injury-free and consistent is just as important of a factor as talent. Dybala has all the talent in the world, but I don't trust him to stay fit or reliable for more than 50% of the season which is why there is no basis to give him a wage hike. I wouldn't mind a less talented player in his place who can play 90% of the season at a reliable level.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Tuz is not a very smart board, the policy of releasing your best players in the last 7 years resulted in CL beatings by Ajax, Lyon, Porto and Villareal as well as the loss of control over Serie A and tuzzers praise the departure due to a) personal agendas (emotional gang because the player didn't live up to Maradona) and b) pseudo-pragmatist gang (upteenth case of sheer stupidy thinking that saving a low amount of wage mils is somewhat symmetrical to losing the player) Was Dybi some type of a world beater? Of course not but before you dump your 8/10 players for peanut savings you could shake out your army of 5/10 players first. Tuz is not a very smart board.
you obviously have a point, but what about all the injuries lgor.

and i mean it. that's the only deal breaker with dybala, but it's a huge one unfortunately. i think you can admit that it would have been a huge gamble to offer him 7-8m net (and the amount is not that important, he's a difference maker and difference makers are expensive) and pray that he's available for the most important matches. i understand your point, as i said, i would have kept him under certain conditions, still, the club has a point. we're not inda anno ~'02 when they could afford recoba to sit out half a season on the treatment table. for '22 juventus, a 6.5/10 player who's available will trump a 8/10 player who misses half of the season.

yeah, too bad that the replacement will most certainly be a worse player. that's something that is in the cards with juventus, always, every summer. loca and vlahovic give me some hope, but if we spend big on pogba and try to save on every other position then we'll have a busy allegri thread next season too.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012

Karma bitch, things changed after all

you obviously have a point, but what about all the injuries lgor.

and i mean it. that's the only deal breaker with dybala, but it's a huge one unfortunately. i think you can admit that it would have been a huge gamble to offer him 7-8m net (and the amount is not that important, he's a difference maker and difference makers are expensive) and pray that he's available for the most important matches. i understand your point, as i said, i would have kept him under certain conditions, still, the club has a point. we're not inda anno ~'02 when they could afford recoba to sit out half a season on the treatment table. for '22 juventus, a 6.5/10 player who's available will trump a 8/10 player who misses half of the season.

yeah, too bad that the replacement will most certainly be a worse player. that's something that is in the cards with juventus, always, every summer. loca and vlahovic give me some hope, but if we spend big on pogba and try to save on every other position then we'll have a busy allegri thread next season too.
The biggest problem for me, more than the injuries and all is him being a tactical headache.

We cannot play a normal formation anymore, players have to be moved all over the place to accommodate him and lack of balance with him and another striker etc.

Too much diddling around for a player who is not WC that often

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
The biggest problem for me, more than the injuries and all is him being a tactical headache.

We cannot play a normal formation anymore, players have to be moved all over the place to accommodate him and lack of balance with him and another striker etc.

Too much diddling around for a player who is not WC that often
i'm not sure mate. his coaches could have always opted to bench him and get done with the dybala tactical headache, but we mostly were a better team with him on the pitch somehow. :boh: and he had 3 coaches at juve already. and he always started with every coach, despite that tactical headache we often bring up.

imagine that everyone is healthy in this squad. there are just a very few guaranteed starters for me: de ligt, locatelli, chiesa, cuadrado, dybala, vlahovic. dybala would start if it was up to me, no questions asked. and it was always the case with his time at juve, including cr's first season when dybala was shit compared to his usual self. the benefits of playing him are simply more important than the trade-offs.

Jun 16, 2020
I am ok Bro. I've witnessed the departures of Baggio and Zidane, my two favorite players. This was followed by Zlatan leaving post-Calciopoli (to merda of all teams), the mishandling of the Del Piero affair, and the Vidal and Pogba sales,
Life is like a dick bro, sometimes its up, sometimes its down, but it wont stay hard for ever

Mar 9, 2006
You said that why don't sell him years ago? Right, so if you see his numbers from that period 2016-2019, who was better? Just read the numbers you wrote. You are just blind by emotions, like most of the haters. In fact a lot of them praised Pipa when we paid 90m for him and he was just good for 18m; maybe you are one of them.

Watch the numbers and stop being such a girl thinking how it makes you feel
You are bloody madman, Dybala is an average player who cracks under pressure and who is past his prime, we had a chance to sell him when madman Levy was Ready to splash 75m but even then dybala's agent fucked up everything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 97)