Paulo Dybala (126 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
We look a million times better with Dybala playing, so does Vlahovic. We have no flair in the team, just one dimensional donkeys. I hope we buy flair players because we still don't have many shots on goal even with Vlahovic. The less said about Kean and Morata the better.

And those complaining about losing in the CL finals, Modric/Kroos and Xavi/Iniesta were still all better than our MVPP and Higuain/Dybala is nothing compared to Ronaldo/Benzema and Suarez/Messi/Neymar. Both teams were better, period.
Our MVPP was not one bit inferior to those over the years with us.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Dybala is incompatible with Xavi's Barca. Too slow, can't press, can't run. They are dominating teams with pace merchants like Aubameyang, Ferran Torres and Dembele. Dybala going there will upset their team balance.
If Sevilla had money, he would've been an ideal fit for them. Tbh given his form and injuries, he belongs at a Sevilla level club.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
How? Both teams won multiple CLs and we won none. Spanish team won WC and Euros. We were a level below them.
Level below is bit of a stretch but yes they had better midfielders than us.

Players like Modric, Xavi, Iniesta are all time greats. Only Pirlo out of our midfield can be considered in that conversation. By the time we faced Barca, he was way past his prime.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
How? Both teams won multiple CLs and we won none. Spanish team won WC and Euros. We were a level below them.
I'd say because there are 11 players instead of 3-4. Our midfield wasn't dominated at all in that game against Barca. And against Real we didn't have MVPP. Pirlo, Marchisio and Pogba also won a world cup... Might be wrong but the latter also the euros and Vidal a Copa America? But that says nothing as they didn't play together for their countries. So useless arguement imo.

The balance in that midfield was perfect for the years they were with us. If they had MSN upfront....

Player by player, only Pirlo fits in that category of legends.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Pirlo was clearly regressing in that season where we faced Barca in the final. Physically, he couldn't go on for +65 minutes a game. Vidal also wasn't the same after Conte, still good but not as good as earlier.

Against Real Madrid, it wasn't even a discussion. RM's midfield on first gear shits all over our midfield at their peak.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I'd say because there are 11 players instead of 3-4. Our midfield wasn't dominated at all in that game against Barca. And against Real we didn't have MVPP. Pirlo, Marchisio and Pogba also won a world cup... Might be wrong but the latter also the euros and Vidal a Copa America?
Rewatch the game again. We were outplayed for most of the game except for a 20 minute spell in the second half where we had the upper hand.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Dybala is incompatible with Xavi's Barca. Too slow, can't press, can't run. They are dominating teams with pace merchants like Aubameyang, Ferran Torres and Dembele. Dybala going there will upset their team balance.
If Sevilla had money, he would've been an ideal fit for them. Tbh given his form and injuries, he belongs at a Sevilla level club.
I am almost certain it is Inter, I can't see any other team getting him.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I mean it will probably end up being merda just to spite us even more but honestly it doesn't make much sense for them to get Dybala.

They already have Martinez who at this point is a better Dybala and Dzeko who is their centre forward and Dybala can't play instead of him. Unless they plan to use some weird trident they would have to sell Martinez to play Dybala.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
the technical quality of this team is suck even with Dybala and with him gone it's gonna be even worse. Next mercato is huge task for management to improve the squad but I'm skeptical that they can attract big names outside Serie A. So Raspadoris of this world is the only answer :sad:
I think you are into a surprise this summer.
I definitely see us with a better team despite Dybala leaving BUT Im not sure we will get a proper replacement

- - - Updated - - -

There are no losses to cut. His transfer from Palermo is fully amortized. People are getting too hung up over the fact that we are losing him on a Bosman, while ignoring the fact that offering him a four year contract at 8 mil plus 2 mil net will cost us in the region of 60-80 million. And no is going to pay that kind of salary for a tactically rigid, injury prone 30 year old, so we’d pretty much be stuck with him like Ramsey.
I’m still a little gutted because I really like Paulo, but this is the right decision in the end. Transfer fee or not.
I also think it is the right decision but I also think he is going to show his worth with his next club. Barcelona should go for him, seems like their type of player.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I mean it will probably end up being merda just to spite us even more but honestly it doesn't make much sense for them to get Dybala.

They already have Martinez who at this point is a better Dybala and Dzeko who is their centre forward and Dybala can't play instead of him. Unless they plan to use some weird trident they would have to sell Martinez to play Dybala.
I think what they'll try to do is dump Sanchez who is on 7m? net (but with the foreign tax deduction that makes a big difference here), and fill that spot with Dybala. Martinez-Dzeko-Dybala-Correa is a very good rotation for the striker pair in 352 and I think pretty much any pairing there can work as both Martinez and Dybala can play as SS and as CF.

But there are financial questions that make me sceptical:

1. I don't think they'll manage to dump Sanchez, not without making a loss. He's basically a Rabiot, many teams would like to have him, but he's horribly overpaid.
2. Even if they do, I don't think Dybala gets a 10m offer from them, doubt they can afford to expand their wage bill that much + the stress it puts on negotiations with other players.

They just extended Martinez on a good deal, I don't see the logic in selling him unless they have a very good offer (like Hakimi or Lukaku last summer).

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I think what they'll try to do is dump Sanchez who is on 7m? net (but with the foreign tax deduction that makes a big difference here), and fill that spot with Dybala. Martinez-Dzeko-Dybala-Correa is a good rotation for the striker pair in 352 and I think pretty much any pairing there can work as both Martinez and Dybala can play as SS and as CF.

But there are financial questions that make me sceptical:

1. I don't think they'll manage to dump Sanchez, not without making a loss. He's basically a Rabiot, many teams would like to have him, but he's horribly overpaid.
2. Even if they do, I don't think Dybala gets a 10m offer from them, doubt they can afford to expand their wage bill that much.
Sanchez is no Rabiot.
Rabiot is an overpaid piece of ....
Sanchez is an overpaid good player...

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Sanchez is no Rabiot.
Rabiot is an overpaid piece of ....
Sanchez is an overpaid good player...
If Rabiot was on Bentancur level wages (which pretty much is his level), we easily could sell him to EPL / La Liga for 20-25m, he has his qualities, they're just not proportionate to his salary. Sanchez is the same, only old and ugly, so they'll have problems ditching him even for free.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Depay is the same case as Dybala and he gets to play here and there.

Xavi would use him a lot, just sub him out when he starts to walk. Then, I'd assume that Atleti will go hard for Dybala, Suarez is leaving and they don't want Morata back...

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Depay is the same case as Dybala and he gets to play here and there.

Xavi would use him a lot, just sub him out when he starts to walk. Then, I'd assume that Atleti will go hard for Dybala, Suarez is leaving and they don't want Morata back...
Atleti have Griezmann on a cosmic salary and a 40m obligation. Dybala might be a bit too pricey for them in terms of salary.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If Rabiot was on Bentancur level wages (which pretty much is his level), we easily could sell him to EPL / La Liga for 20-25m, he has his qualities, they're just not proportionate to his salary. Sanchez is the same, only old and ugly, so they'll have problems ditching him even for free.
I agree but its not because he is good but because of his demands.
Sanchez is different as he actually contribute to his team (even if not on Lautaro`s level of contribution)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 110)