Paulo Dybala (264 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Maybe we are doing this wrong. Maybe this is Giovinco all over again and he should be played as a winger, an IF on the right in a 4-3-3, what Berna played tonight against Lazio. I mean, he obviously has a hard time in the center against all these big Italian defenders who very easily harass him. Maybe just try him there for one game.

- - - Updated - - -

If it was 0-0 until 60th minute, we would have.
imo he doesn’t have the skill set for a winger. He’s not really pacey, not enough acceleration to cover long distance with the ball while running, loses the ball quite easily, somewhat limited dribbling skills.

To be he’s always been a #9/poacher. He needs to be as close to the goal as possible in order to fully utilize his best feats. Most of the goals from his career were from shooting just outside the box, he either gets past one defender and shoots from there or combine passes with a teammate again just outside the box.

He can’t do winger.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
imo he doesn’t have the skill set for a winger. He’s not really pacey, not enough acceleration to cover long distance with the ball while running, loses the ball quite easily, somewhat limited dribbling skills.

To be he’s always been a #9/poacher. He needs to be as close to the goal as possible in order to fully utilize his best feats. Most of the goals from his career were from shooting just outside the box, he either gets past one defender and shoots from there or combine passes with a teammate again just outside the box.

He can’t do winger.
Sorry dude... it worths a -rep

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
The position dybala shouldnt be playing is CAM. He should be wide right or CF.

I disagree with those who say he is poor at dribbling. Dybala's total devotion to taking a pass with his left foot and clumsy first touch account for his giveaways in front of the box but if he has a half second of time and space to control then he is excellent running with the ball. His clever play mixed with insane agility and balance more than make up for his lack of EPL tier pace.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
giphy.gif

tenor.gif

@GordoDeCentral @Hustini, he with you?

GTFO you jelly brazuca :disagree:

65.gif
Not jealous at all, been a Dybala fan since his Palermo days and was 100% happy when the rumours he'd join us started to pop up everywhere. @Post Ironic or @GordoDeCentral can confirm. I still love the kid.

Having said that, half of the things shown that video aren't even dribbling he just opens up space. Which is fine but dribbling mastery as the video suggests? FFS no.

As much as I like him reality is that he's got a horrendous first touch, not the best control when running, get pushed away quite easily and can't do shit with his right leg. He's amazing at other things though and he's best at it when closer to the goal, and centrally positioned, not on the wing or as a deep playmaker.

- - - Updated - - -

Just play him as false 9 with ronaldo and costa on the wings, most of his goals come from shooting from the middle of the pitch just outside of the box.
:agree:

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Max has plenty of time to construct a killing machine and I dont see it without Dybala. The system doesnt really matter, a 4-3-3, a 4-2-3-1, a 3-4-3, a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, the system matters only to the TV broadcaster to show the starting line-ups of the teams before the game. From the two games we saw so far, the odd player is Khedira, he is a good player to have on the bench, but both Matuidi and Can look more useful. Sandro, Bonucci, Chiellini, Cancelo, Douglas Costa, Can/Matuidi, Pjanic, Bernardeschi/Cuadrado, Dybala, Ronaldo.

I still think that Dybala will benefit the most playing with Ronaldo and will finally improve to the world class level he`s dubbed to reach and perform at that absolute best level week in week out. Hard work and dedication, good thing his new bestie is the epitome of hard working and dedicated athlete. :D

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Max has plenty of time to construct a killing machine and I dont see it without Dybala. The system doesnt really matter, a 4-3-3, a 4-2-3-1, a 3-4-3, a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, the system matters only to the TV broadcaster to show the starting line-ups of the teams before the game. From the two games we saw so far, the odd player is Khedira, he is a good player to have on the bench, but both Matuidi and Can look more useful. Sandro, Bonucci, Chiellini, Cancelo, Douglas Costa, Can/Matuidi, Pjanic, Bernardeschi/Cuadrado, Dybala, Ronaldo.

I still think that Dybala will benefit the most playing with Ronaldo and will finally improve to the world class level he`s dubbed to reach and perform at that absolute best level week in week out. Hard work and dedication, good thing his new bestie is the epitome of hard working and dedicated athlete. :D
While I think (fear, actually) Dybala will have to make way to accomodate Ronaldo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 247)