Paulo Dybala (45 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
why can't a player being played out of position be am excuse for underperforming? dybala is a forvet not a winger. not an AM. his goal scoring is proof of that.

henry also failed at juve cause he played as a winger lmao. dude was clearly meant to be a forvet.

stop underetstimating how much playing a player out of position impacts performance

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yes, Dybala is definitely the biggest problem this club has. Instead of you ungrateful fuckers camping out in the thread of an injured player, an INJURED player FFS, go criticize and hold accountable the noob coach, the incompetent management, and the players who have actually been playing and underperforming in recent weeks, you know the guys who aren't injured and have been playing like shit, contributing to our underwhelming results and performances this season.
Yeah. Let’s ignore that he was literally our worst player for the 859 minutes he played during the first 3 months of the season when he wasn’t injured. :baus:

I love Dybala, and will always be grateful for what he has done here, especially in his first 3 seasons, but you get a dislike for this nonsense.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Yeah. Let’s ignore that he was literally our worst player for the 859 minutes he played during the first 3 months of the season when he wasn’t injured. :baus:

I love Dybala, and will always be grateful for what he has done here, especially in his first 3 seasons, but you get a dislike for this nonsense.
I wasn't naming or shaming anyone, so I don't feel why you need to take offense to my post.

Is he playing now? No, he isn't.

Is he the biggest problem we have? No, he isn't.

Was he trash at the beginning of the season? Absolutely.

You know who else was trash? The entire team, bar one or two players. No, that's not an excuse to justify Dybala's performances. He was trash, but so was almost everybody else. Currently, he is injured, and we're still sorta trash. None of this is on him.

Now stop being a mental midget and tell me where the nonsense is.

Literally nothing in my post is inaccurate or out of place/out of context.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
why can't a player being played out of position be am excuse for underperforming? dybala is a forvet not a winger. not an AM. his goal scoring is proof of that.

henry also failed at juve cause he played as a winger lmao. dude was clearly meant to be a forvet.

stop underetstimating how much playing a player out of position impacts performance
Besides people are conveniently ignoring the fact that our system is catered towards supporting Ronaldo. Ronaldo has that leverage because he's the GOAT but even he requires a CF who he can play off off.
As much as Dybala is a tactical headache, so is Ronaldo. Considering how his overall gameplay is eroding quickly, any coach would love to play him as a box CF but Ronaldo prefers to occupy the left flank and adjust his movements accordingly.

Sarri temporarily fixed this 'issue' by deploying Dybala as a false 9 but we sacked him and hired a coach who went for a totally different approach instead.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Boo hoo they have a relative shit period. You better believe they will give a boot to Hazard and co and Zidane if they dont win anything and start over again. They have ambition.
Weren't you the one saying Real have lost their appeal some months ago :shifty:

Or was it someone else

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I wasn't naming or shaming anyone, so I don't feel why you need to take offense to my post.

Is he playing now? No, he isn't.

Is he the biggest problem we have? No, he isn't.

Was he trash at the beginning of the season? Absolutely.

You know who else was trash? The entire team, bar one or two players. No, that's not an excuse to justify Dybala's performances. He was trash, but so was almost everybody else. Currently, he is injured, and we're still sorta trash. None of this is on him.

Now stop being a mental midget and tell me where the nonsense is.

Literally nothing in my post is inaccurate or out of place/out of context.
He was playing regularlyduring the period when we dropped majority of points against shitty teams and that is why we are in this position. Not because we lost at Napoli which most seasons is a Match we can lose because we aren’t dropping points to Crotone and Benevento. The only reason we topped our CL group and aren’t in 10th right now is Ronaldo, Morata, Cuadrado, De Ligt. Dybala’s terrible form was a major reason we dropped so many points early on.

And I’m sorry, you call out all those other players for being trash and say we should sell them all the time. Excuse me, if I hold the club’s “best player” according to some of ya to a higher standard of performance than Rabiot or Bentancur lol

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Weren't you the one saying Real have lost their appeal some months ago :shifty:

Or was it someone else
Im talking about ambition here. They did lose appeal but they will do everything to regain it.

They wont tolerare mediocre players demanding 15 mil salary while being an absolute nobody internationally.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
He was playing regularlyduring the period when we dropped majority of points against shitty teams and that is why we are in this position. Not because we lost at Napoli which most seasons is a Match we can lose because we aren’t dropping points to Crotone and Benevento. The only reason we topped our CL group and aren’t in 10th right now is Ronaldo, Morata, Cuadrado, De Ligt. Dybala’s terrible form was a major reason we dropped so many points early on.

And I’m sorry, you call out all those other players for being trash and say we should sell them all the time. Excuse me, if I hold the club’s “best player” according to some of ya to a higher standard of performance than Rabiot or Bentancur lol
Not a Dybala fanboy but there's only one game where he directly affected the outcome of the game and it was against Lazio.
The dropped points early on in the season was largely due to Pirlo's nonsense tactics. I hold the manager largely responsible for those poor results than any one player.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Besides people are conveniently ignoring the fact that our system is catered towards supporting Ronaldo. Ronaldo has that leverage because he's the GOAT but even he requires a CF who he can play off off.
As much as Dybala is a tactical headache, so is Ronaldo. Considering how his overall gameplay is eroding quickly, any coach would love to play him as a box CF but Ronaldo prefers to occupy the left flank and adjust his movements accordingly.

Sarri temporarily fixed this 'issue' by deploying Dybala as a false 9 but we sacked him and hired a coach who went for a totally different approach instead.
Sarri “fixed” it and our attack sucked last season, because there was no plan outside get the ball to Dybala and Ronaldo and let them do their thing, which ironically is what people wanted Allegri fired for.

Dybala and Ronaldo just don’t really work well together, they don’t mesh well. It’s not Dybala’s fault. He is a tough player to create an attack around, as the primary option False 9, with two wingers beside, I just don’t see that attack ever being super dominant. I still see him as best alongside a more traditional CF who creates space for him, holds the ball up, etc, like Mario that first season (younger Dzeko would be good for him too, Lewandowski, younger Suarez, even Morata). Pair him with a playmaking CF in a front 2 and he’ll thrive. And if that CF is good enough, that attack could be CL final worthy.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a Dybala fanboy but there's only one game where he directly affected the outcome of the game and it was against Lazio.
The dropped points early on in the season was largely due to Pirlo's nonsense tactics. I hold the manager largely responsible for those poor results than any one player.
Yeah. He’s not solely responsible, but his abysmal form is a large part of us not scoring enough early on. Especially seeing as we also had Ronaldo out as well for a spell.

Anyways, we can’t afford to have our best players underperform that bad for a few months. Especially with a brand new manager without any experience and no preseason to work things out. But I agree, it’s majority on Pirlo for sure.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Sarri “fixed” it and our attack sucked last season, because there was no plan outside get the ball to Dybala and Ronaldo and let them do their thing, which ironically is what people wanted Allegri fired for.

Dybala and Ronaldo just don’t really work well together, they don’t mesh well. It’s not Dybala’s fault. He is a tough player to create an attack around, as the primary option False 9, with two wingers beside, I just don’t see that attack ever being super dominant. I still see him as best alongside a more traditional CF who creates space for him, holds the ball up, etc, like Mario that first season (younger Dzeko would be good for him too, Lewandowski, younger Suarez, even Morata). Pair him with a playmaking CF in a front 2 and he’ll thrive. And if that CF is good enough, that attack could be CL final worthy.
Can't disagree there. He definitely works best with a traditional CF alongside him.

There's no doubt Ronaldo's arrival has impacted his overall output on the pitch.

But I'm merely pointing out that Ronaldo also needs a system catered to his strengths, the only difference between the two being Ronaldo has been there, done that whilst Dybala is yet to prove he belongs at that elite level.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...Dybala’s terrible form was a major reason we dropped so many points early on...
nice to know. i thought he was on the bench against roma and crotone (fucking crotone man), only played like 5 minutes against atalanta and 14 against lazio. yes, he was involved in all the fuckups vs lazio, but when they got the ball in the dying seconds of the match, they had an entire defense to beat from a throw-in at around 30-40 metres from our goal - but but but fuck dybala because our defense wasn't organized enough, and besides dybala, at least 4 other players were naive enough to think that we already had that match in the bag. also, let's blame the benevento draw on dybala, not on arthur, who simply gave away the ball near our penalty area before their equalizer.

you forgot to mention that de ligt, one of the very few of our truly world class players, played his first league match in the 8th round. (and you also forgot to mention that danilo had a brilliant first couple of months. if only every other defender played in a similar individual form...)

yeah, we're missing plenty of goals this season, but especially at the beginning of the season, our defense was a genuine mess, week in, week out. we always scored at least one goal until the fiorentina disaster, but we only had 3 clean sheets.

let that sink in: 3 clean sheets in the first 13 rounds. and this is supposed to be juventus, not bologna or crotone. and we're blaming dybala for it, really?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Can't disagree there. He definitely works best with a traditional CF alongside him.

There's no doubt Ronaldo's arrival has impacted his overall output on the pitch.

But I'm merely pointing out that Ronaldo also needs a system catered to his strengths, the only difference between the two being Ronaldo has been there, done that whilst Dybala is yet to prove he belongs at that elite level.
If Dybala comes back and finds top form again, I’d be quite tempted to move on from the GOAT, and use whatever sale fee we can get and the massive salary savings to build a dominant midfield behind a Morata-Dybala pairing. I think those two could very much be like the Morata-Tevez pairing, possibly even more deadly, given a proper midfield behind.

I love Ronaldo, but sticking with him going forward might not be best for building a balanced team.

- - - Updated - - -

nice to know. i thought he was on the bench against roma and crotone (fucking crotone man), only played like 5 minutes against atalanta and 14 against lazio. yes, he was involved in all the fuckups vs lazio, but when they got the ball in the dying seconds of the match, they had an entire defense to beat from a throw-in at around 30-40 metres from our goal - but but but fuck dybala because our defense wasn't organized enough, and besides dybala, at least 4 other players were naive enough to think that we already had that match in the bag. also, let's blame the benevento draw on dybala, not on arthur, who simply gave away the ball near our penalty area before their equalizer.

you forgot to mention that de ligt, one of the very few of our truly world class players, played his first league match in the 8th round. (and you also forgot to mention that danilo had a brilliant first couple of months. if only every other defender played in a similar individual form...)

yeah, we're missing plenty of goals this season, but especially at the beginning of the season, our defense was a genuine mess, week in, week out. we always scored at least one goal until the fiorentina disaster, but we only had 3 clean sheets.

let that sink in: 3 clean sheets in the first 13 rounds. and this is supposed to be juventus, not bologna or crotone. and we're blaming dybala for it, really?
I said a major part of it. Of course he isn’t the only reason. This forum bitches endlessly about us not scoring enough goals, so when our “mvp” is in such poor form that he isn’t scoring at all, and is riding the bench hard because of it, that is a big problem.

Of course the ridiculous tactics are also a major problem. No one said they weren’t. My post wasn’t about Dybala’s mistakes causing lost points. It was about his complete lack of contribution being an issue, which it obviously was.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I said a major part of it. Of course he isn’t the only reason. This forum bitches endlessly about us not scoring enough goals, so when our “mvp” is in such poor form that he isn’t scoring at all, and is riding the bench hard because of it, that is a big problem.

Of course the ridiculous tactics are also a major problem. No one said they weren’t. My post wasn’t about Dybala’s mistakes causing lost points. It was about his complete lack of contribution being an issue, which it obviously was.
we dropped points with our without dybala, because of the defensive setup and the terrible form of our midfielders. dybala didn't even feature in neither of our lost matches. obviously it would have been nice to have him available and in top form, but he's been struggling with his condition since late july when he got injured vs samp, and especially since he was rushed back for the lyon match, and was subbed after like 10 minutes. people quickly forgot that: that was the reason why he missed the pre-season preparation too.

i bet part of tuz would have blamed del piero because we lost the '98/99 scudetto. we were at the top of the table before he got injured, and finished the season in 6th place. why didn't he save us, right? or why didn't quagliarella score in the second part of '10/11 season? decisive players might get injured.

dybala was/is injured, missed the pre-season's physical preparation, and he clearly never was fully fit this season. blame him for being shit in cardiff, it's fine, and i get all those arguments on his mentality in general, but this season is a complete fitness mess for him. his contract is an issue, and he can probably be blamed for that. his availability is a separate issue, but unless we start blaming other players for their injuries too, let's just give him a break and start to judge him and his contribution when he's actually fit.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
dybala didn't play in the losses vs porto, inter, and napoli. three games juve didn't even attempt to win. threegames that would have put us in really good position in league and CL.

I also don't remember him starting vs fiorentina. but even if he did it's not his fault defense collapsed and cuadrado red card.

dybala was not at fault for juve's poor position at all. all losess came when he wasn't involved

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
dybala didn't play in the losses vs porto, inter, and napoli. three games juve didn't even attempt to win. threegames that would have put us in really good position in league and CL.

I also don't remember him starting vs fiorentina. but even if he did it's not his fault defense collapsed and cuadrado red card.

dybala was not at fault for juve's poor position at all. all losess came when he wasn't involved
@Hust

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
It's funny that this line of thinking is the biggest proof that dybala is just an ordinary player who calls for tempered expectations.
Was that when he had to use his right foot and couldn't control the ball on the sideline? I too think that one was on Dybala.

But other then that, what discussion is this? :lol:
I did not see that match, just the highlights which showed from the throw in onward. I'm genuinely asking why the blame would be placed solely on him in that situation where a lot still needed to be done between the ball being thrown in and the goal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)