Paulo Dybala (60 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 22, 2016
Christ comparing him to Messi now:lol: the overrating you guys do off Dybala is every bit as bad as the guys that underrate him aswell. Dybala sucked every time he stepped on the field this year. We dont expect Dybala to drag us to CL glory but for him to actually show up in the bigger games which has not done in a very long time since that one game vs Barcelona years ago.
Last season's key passes and dribble :

IMG_20210226_041115_633.jpg

Totally in his own league. So yes he has been our own meesi always.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
we dropped points with our without dybala, because of the defensive setup and the terrible form of our midfielders. dybala didn't even feature in neither of our lost matches. obviously it would have been nice to have him available and in top form, but he's been struggling with his condition since late july when he got injured vs samp, and especially since he was rushed back for the lyon match, and was subbed after like 10 minutes. people quickly forgot that: that was the reason why he missed the pre-season preparation too.

i bet part of tuz would have blamed del piero because we lost the '98/99 scudetto. we were at the top of the table before he got injured, and finished the season in 6th place. why didn't he save us, right? or why didn't quagliarella score in the second part of '10/11 season? decisive players might get injured.

dybala was/is injured, missed the pre-season's physical preparation, and he clearly never was fully fit this season. blame him for being shit in cardiff, it's fine, and i get all those arguments on his mentality in general, but this season is a complete fitness mess for him. his contract is an issue, and he can probably be blamed for that. his availability is a separate issue, but unless we start blaming other players for their injuries too, let's just give him a break and start to judge him and his contribution when he's actually fit.
We’re gonna disagree. I still blame him for being trash when he has been available. Which was most of the first few months. He was continually benched for being so poor. Yet there’s still a reason I want to keep him going forward and see if we can build a team around a front 2 of him and Morata/ a top CF with a top level midfield behind them. Because I think he has been great at times and can still be when he gets his head on straight.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We’re gonna disagree. I still blame him for being trash when he has been available. Which was most of the first few months. He was continually benched for being so poor. Yet there’s still a reason I want to keep him going forward and see if we can build a team around a front 2 of him and Morata/ a top CF with a top level midfield behind them. Because I think he has been great at times and can still be when he gets his head on straight.
A front two of Dybala and Haaland with a supporting midfield comprised of Locatelli, Aouar, Fagiolo, Arthur (if he ever delivers) and McNuggets will be something special. Add Kulu and Chiesa continuing to trend upwards, Dragusin, De ligt and Demiral constantly improving (upward trajectory baby), and we're legitimately one FB from being a serious contender in Europe again.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
A front two of Dybala and Haaland with a supporting midfield comprised of Locatelli, Aouar, Fagiolo, Arthur (if he ever delivers) and McNuggets will be something special. Add Kulu and Chiesa continuing to trend upwards, Dragusin, De ligt and Demiral constantly improving (upward trajectory baby), and we're legitimately one FB from being a serious contender in Europe again.
imagine dybala playing with midfielders like pirlo and marchisio and vidal and pogba. you would never see him drop so deep in midfield to ball spread. he would focus on being the killer forvet he is.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:agree:

Honestly though. I’d way rather spend the money on midfielders than Haaland this coming summer. I don’t think we have the money for both. Morata is a better partner for both Ronaldo and Dybala than either of them are for the other. His strengths suit what they each need better. If Dybala finds his form, I’d be down to let Ronaldo move on, and buy that top class midfield pair, and possibly another FB and CB with the money saved on wages and through small sales. Renew Morata’s loan, and go Morata-Dybala. With Morata having matured into something a lot more consistent and dominant this time around at Juve and being a fantastic assist man in and around the box (10 assists this year already and had 7-8 assists each year here before in not that many minutes), and with his strengths theoretically well-suited to play alongside Dybala, with a proper midfield, that could be an improved Tevez-Morata style partnership.

Obviously Ronaldo>Dybala, but I just don’t think the club can afford building a proper team around Ronaldo and he only has a couple years left. Morata-Dybala could go for several years if it works well, and we can always choose to not buy Morata after next season, or sell Dybala if he doesn’t perform up to par. And go for Haaland or whoever then.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:agree:

Honestly though. I’d way rather spend the money on midfielders than Haaland this coming summer. I don’t think we have the money for both. Morata is a better partner for both Ronaldo and Dybala than either of them are for the other. His strengths suit what they each need better. If Dybala finds his form, I’d be down to let Ronaldo move on, and buy that top class midfield pair, and possibly another FB and CB with the money saved on wages and through small sales. Renew Morata’s loan, and go Morata-Dybala. With Morata having matured into something a lot more consistent and dominant this time around at Juve and being a fantastic assist man in and around the box (10 assists this year already and had 7-8 assists each year here before in not that many minutes), and with his strengths theoretically well-suited to play alongside Dybala, with a proper midfield, that could be an improved Tevez-Morata style partnership.

Obviously Ronaldo>Dybala, but I just don’t think the club can afford building a proper team around Ronaldo and he only has a couple years left. Morata-Dybala could go for several years if it works well, and we can always choose to not buy Morata after next season, or sell Dybala if he doesn’t perform up to par. And go for Haaland or whoever then.
Midfield is top priority summer for summer 2021. Haaland for 2022, if we can somehow manage it.

Tootsie has a lot of work to do this coming summer if he wants to stick around/have his contract renewed.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
imagine dybala playing with midfielders like pirlo and marchisio and vidal and pogba. you would never see him drop so deep in midfield to ball spread. he would focus on being the killer forvet he is.
:tup:

He’s just not a solo front man. Doesn’t suit his strengths or style. Morata can be that big, good passing, high-work rate complement to Dybala, to give him the space to operate and hold-up the ball, set him up in Dybala’s sweet spots. He was doing it perfectly for Ronaldo the first 4 months of this season before getting sick with 13 goals-10 assists. Could easily see him doing that for Dybala next year ahead of a world class mid.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
We’re gonna disagree. I still blame him for being trash when he has been available...
he basically started his pre-season one week into the regular season:
https://www.football-italia.net/159381/pirlo-morata-priority-juve
“Dybala worked with us, he’s coming back gradually. We’ll see how he is today, he pulled through a heavy workload.

a month after the season has started:
https://www.football-italia.net/160796/pirlo-dybala-was-upset
“He’s not been playing because he’s never been well and hasn’t been constantly training."

scaloni (argie nt coach) a couple of weeks later:
https://www.football-italia.net/161942/scaloni-‘dybala-going-through-hard-times
“Unfortunately Paulo is not well, I must say that it devastated our souls to see him in the conditions in which he was.

tici an other couple of weeks later:
https://www.football-italia.net/162365/paratici-dybala-had-virus-issues
“He’s unlucky, as he had this virus issue that has been dragging on since the last break for international duty, he had more problems just before the Lazio game.

“He has now been able to train regularly and hopefully will soon get back to being the Dybala of old.”

and so on. so even 2 months into the regular season, he couldn't find his rhythm.

pirlo in mid december:
https://www.football-italia.net/163440/pirlo-happy-dybala
Andrea Pirlo congratulates Paulo Dybala on breaking his duck ‘both psychologically and physically,’

this happened almost exactly 3 months after the season starter. then he had an other injury.

my subjective evaluation is that he was trash for a reason so far this season. an injured, not healthy player can't really be blamed for his performances. same for demiral, he was very, very shaky after his return after a lengthy layoff, and also had some minor injuries. just let these guys fully recover, find their rhythm before putting the "for sale" sticker on them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)