Paul Pogba (112 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That's a fine line between exhaustion and injury caused by it and strengthening. You need to take time off and come back slowly, pushing too hard can re-aggravate injury. That being said, there is no 100% answer to his issues. It's partially mental, it's partially physiological, it's partially external and internal pressure.... it's a bunch of stuff.

Generally, professional athletes aren't really "lazy" as we would be. They are professional athletes, after all.

However, anyone remember Mario Goetze? Scored a WC winning goal, and not injury, not anything happened to him, he was just gone, never the same.
No one is suggesting “lazy” in the sense of the general sedentary public of course. But there are lots of athletes who don’t put the work in and let their fitness levels decline once past their mid-20s prime. Higuain is a good example and his career suffered for it. Yaya Toure is another. Pogba seems like another predisposed to this. All the physical gifts in the world but hasn’t put the work in. Perhaps he shall come back and prove me/others who think this wrong, but I wouldn’t bet on it. This isn’t the case of a freak broken leg or ACL rupture. These are mostly one muscular issue after another.

Could he be suffering from overtraining? Overdoing the fitness/strengthening/prehab side of things? I guess it’s a possibility. But I’d say not very likely given he’s had major issues with his ability to stay fit under 3 separate managers now. And given his lazy style of play as he’s entered the second half of his twenties, I just don’t see him as likely having much work ethic as far as professional athletes go.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I dont know what his work ethic actually is or isnt, almost all the criticism about him comes from people who have never worked or played with him. He's also had no issues with any of his managers except Mourinho, and even that seemed more like just bad communication and gossip rags trying to sell papers. And if he were truly lazy, idk why he would choose to come back to Italy and specifically Allegri of all people; he said training was much harder under him than in Manchester.
Fair enough. :tup:

Of course I don’t know for certain either. Maybe he’s putting all the work in and just supremely unlucky the past 4 years. I would guess otherwise, but that’s just my opinion.

I hope you’re right and he comes back strong and has a great season for us next year.

Apr 12, 2004
I agree with your reply to mine, that's true. There are a bunch of players like that. Go as far as they can on talent alone and don't work as hard as they really could.

A lot of issues stem from the mental process, too. Sane was so "tender" and afraid when he came back from his, Deisler retired, and Lucas Hernandez almost retired. If your body keeps letting you down, man, just takes your belief in your own reliability down. Then it just becomes a negative reinforcement loop.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
He is not used the player that he was. He hasn't performed consistently for four years now. This isn't 2016 anymore.

21/22
1.jpg

2.jpg

Squad: 6, Starting eleven: 4, Substituted in: 2, On the bench: 0, Suspended: 0, Injured: 2
Squad: 20, Starting eleven: 16, Substituted in: 4, On the bench: 0, Suspended: 2, Injured: 16
Squad: 1, Starting eleven: 1, Substituted in: 0, On the bench: 0, Suspended: 0, Injured: 1

Also got injured in 20/21(17 times)
https://www.transfermarkt.com/paul-pogba/leistungsdaten/spieler/122153/plus/0?saison=2020

I still believe that we can keep Pogba a few more years as classic midfielder because it will be hard to bring in another talent like him. but he is not the player who performs constantly.
Always Spot on.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
#Juve is not getting rid of #Pogba. Paul needs a rebuild, but the club aims at having him back. It's the toughest moment for the Frenchman who is disconsolate for the one month stop. But there is no talk of contract resolution in the club. And #Allegri encourages him and #Vlahovic.

[Tuttosport via @JmedicalParkNews]

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
No one is suggesting “lazy” in the sense of the general sedentary public of course. But there are lots of athletes who don’t put the work in and let their fitness levels decline once past their mid-20s prime. Higuain is a good example and his career suffered for it. Yaya Toure is another. Pogba seems like another predisposed to this.
Yaya did it much later. He had his best years when he was 31 and 32 and then he declined.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 103)